am i over training or not?

Will Gary

i just want to make sure that i am not over training my shoulders...tell me what you think:
4 sets smith barbell shoulder press (heavy)
3 sets machine shoulder press (medium)
3 sets seated side dumb bell lateral raises
3 sets upright row

Hi there! Can you share with us what weight you are using for these reps?

This ^^^^ is an is an important and has much to do with your goals. Also are you working to failure, what is your rep range and that also is correlated with you goals. Also how long have you been training.?

I do not see anything for rear delts ? Why two shoulder presses?

SO even this being a simple type Q, you might think it is not without more info, I am sorry. Ya know we can do all and more of what you are doing if it is high type reps and not to failure ( over loading for mass) Another thing is it is typical to do 3 different exercises but then when working on a very lagging body part much more can be done....like short intervals of training a body part 3 a week not two.

Now that I have made this totally complicated we need to know much more.

no such thing as over training but some member will disagree with me but there is no such thing as over training,

no such thing as over training but some member will disagree with me but there is no such thing as over training,

Ok another Simple Simon thinking. This ^^^ is correct and I too agree so I will explain. We know that rest is one of the needed ingredients for muscle growth. AND why, because that's when the mending of what we have torn down n the process of our works happens. So therefore we must take the intervals of rest to heal and grow. As long as you have that in the equation you CANNOOT over train.

Now that given you cannot train the muscle but so many times a week due the need of recovery as I stated..

Just a note ^^ here :)

Lol I've had this argument on here a few times
There's training
There's over reaching
Then there's over training
90 percent of guys on here will never get any were near overtraining yes guys may not get enough rest or time off but that is a different problem all together .
Over reaching eg is lifting heavier one day and waking up so sore you can barley go to work
An example of overtraining is military groups like sasr or the marines that physically push and test all your limits were guys get so overworked in training that there
Central nervous system starts to shut down ect ect
Same thing with Marathon runners ect ect
To overtrain lifting weights would be a mission in itself

FIRST ALL GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!! and special service, they so much render their life in sacrifice for our freedom, that said
blakey your totally right on point , there are different approach for many sports and Military training,
but I know of many guy's beef cakes with sprinkles on them lol, they swear the looks they have on 7 % bdf with big calfs & bicept is due to over training,

Last edited:
Back