help!?

ILoveTren

typically people like getting pumps, i like getting pumps... but i do not like getting extremely painful pumps in my lower outer calf area when i run.

just so ya'll know im training for the military, in march i leave to attempt to join special forces for the navy. so you can see the problem if after running 2 miles my ankles are so swollen i have "cankles". i need to be running a minimum 4-5 miles in morning 4-5 in evening. is there anything that i can do to help prevent the pumps or something to minimize them. i have to stop my running cause of the pain. any help or info would be awesome? this is actually the first time in my whole life i have ever had a problem with them as well...

Are you sure it is not "shin splints", I get these often when I run. It is a pain along the bone in your lower leg.

ILoveTren said:
i really doubt its shin splints... ive had shin splints when i was younger... but who know man

TRY DRINKING MORE WATER....AS YOU GO THROUGH BASIC TRAINING, YOU WILL BE FORCED TO DRINK WATER DUE TO DEHYDRATION AS WELL AS TO HELP PREVENT SOME CRAMPING...

I WENT THROUGH BASIC TRAINING AS A MARINE.

TRY WATER...ALSO, HAVE SOME BLOODWORK DONE...ALSO, YOU MAY HAVE A BLOOD CIRCULATION ISSUE WITH THE EXTRA STRESS OF RUNNING.

SHIN SPLINTS ARE JUST WHAT THEY ARE "SHIN" SPLINTS.

no problem bro..only my .02 but it is worth a try..also, on the shin splint issue..you get them through basic training anyhow...

E

Back