HomeBrewers must Read!

DarkWarrior

Time to Grow!
Was just doing a little digging in search of a bit of info on a specific strol and found something a bit more interesting to read. This is not a source or lab or anything of the sort but some guys that put together a site for really good info on alot of the garbage being sold out there today. I call it a must read because it made me think twice about making my own brew and also about taking anything underground. (http://www.consumerlabreports.co.uk/)
Not sure if this is new to anyone else but is new to me, some interesting reading for certain.

Ive read it before. Like anyone else, they have an agenda.

OUR MISSION:

To promote ethical business practices and public confidence through voluntary self-regulation, consumer and business education, and service excellence.

Yea I am sure LOL

mranak said:
I know a little more background on that site than most others.

Yes, they do have an agenda. But at the same time, their overall intentions are good.

Unfortunately, they go too far with the rhetoric.
They dont sound convincing to me at all. Half way through the reading you know it's half shit.

There was a few interesting bits of info that were noted, especially the bit on multiuse vials and BA eating any bits of stopper that might happen to fall into said preperation. Might have to delve into that a bit further to see just how much is bs and how much is for real.
The other piece o info that was a shocker to me was about a specific source that had been invaded by UncleSam and the inlaws.....maybe old news to others but was new to me.
Otherwise it seemed to be alot of rant and hype.

A lot of the stuff on that site is factually erroneous, meant to shock and scare people away from some labs, and conveniently towards other sources.

Back