How can I build my arms faster?

appleton111

Been watching training videos for awhile where they emphasize alot of reps for arms. Usually around 15-20+. Thoughts on this?

No joking i.worked them out everyday for 6.months thenafter ingained size inworked them out 3x a week for 6 months.. Nowni hit them 2x a week.. Any1 says over training blah blah blah!!

I treat them just like any other bodypart. Sometimes high reps(and i do some crazy high sometimes like 40-60) and then heavy weight and having to cheat just a bit to get the rep. Keep the muscles guessing as to what's coming that day. Keep it interesting is what i do.

No joking i.worked them out everyday for 6.months thenafter ingained size inworked them out 3x a week for 6 months.. Nowni hit them 2x a week.. Any1 says over training blah blah blah!!

Wow your arms gain in size because you trained them everyday OR, just MAYBE, because you were on gear? Just a thought :)

OP:
Despite all the broscience you'll hear, overtraining is very real - all the scientific studies proving its existence is in this post: http://www.steroidology.com/forum/training-forum/664767-leg-training-looking-break-out.html#post3481372

The best way to train for growth is 30-60 reps per muscle group for volume and frequency per muscle should be no more than 2x a week - scientific fact.
Now obviously if your on gear you can get away with training alot more, but I see nothing to show that it leads to more growth.

In general you shouldn't pay attention to the videos of pro bb's training bro - they seem to always use terrible form with terrible training programmes BUT when your on that much gear, it becomes irrelevant.

I find it doesnt have as much to do with reps or even the weight used as much as it does how youre performing the rep. I find though that 8-12 reps is what you want to shoot for, starting with 12 and increasing weight each set for a finally set of 8 reps. I see guys every day at the gym doing db curls with 50s and their arms are twigs, thats right there will tell you swinging heavy weight doesnt build big arms, more so than any other muscle group IMO arms are all about form, the stretch, and the contraction. Try to achieve a great mind muscle connection while performing whatever exercise your doing, control the rep. The negative portion of the rep plays an enormous role in the breakdown of your muscles as well. Last but not least squeeze the hell outta your bis and tris at the top of each rep, thar is key. Leave you ego at the door and your arms will grow.

Last edited:
Wow your arms gain in size because you trained them everyday OR, just MAYBE, because you were on gear? Just a thought :)

OP:
Despite all the broscience you'll hear, overtraining is very real - all the scientific studies proving its existence is in this post: http://www.steroidology.com/forum/training-forum/664767-leg-training-looking-break-out.html#post3481372

The best way to train for growth is 30-60 reps per muscle group for volume and frequency per muscle should be no more than 2x a week - scientific fact.
Now obviously if your on gear you can get away with training alot more, but I see nothing to show that it leads to more growth.

In general you shouldn't pay attention to the videos of pro bb's training bro - they seem to always use terrible form with terrible training programmes BUT when your on that much gear, it becomes irrelevant.

I wasnt on gear at the time.. I was in.my 1st year of.the.marines.. Therfore had no.time.to.grt gear nor.can on that base! So u are absolutely wrong.. Who.the.fuck are u to question.me

I hit mine twice a week and really work on squeezing the muscle. I go lighter than I use to and focus on the mind muscle connection to get the best pump I can out of them. I've gotten my arms to grow quite a bit lately doing this.

Also it might be bro-science but I try to flood the muscle with a high calories and a lot of carbs on arm days. I saw it in a Rich Piana video and I feel like it helps***8230;

At one point I was doing 1gf1 DES and pinning in just my arms trying to get them to grow and they did. The DES has such a short half life that lives most of it's life in the muscle you shoot. I did a few cycles of this but I don't anymore Because It really blows doing two pins (bi-lateral) pre workout every fuckin day! So on a 5 day split I was pinning 10 times a week plus my AAS which was 3x a week. Felt like a damn pin cushion.

I wasnt on gear at the time.. I was in.my 1st year of.the.marines.. Therfore had no.time.to.grt gear nor.can on that base! So u are absolutely wrong.. Who.the.fuck are u to question.me

Firstly, I'm man enough to admit when I've made a mistake - I'm sorry for assuming you were on gear, I'm sure you can understand why I made that assumption on an aas forum :)

But my point is still the same - you would've made the same gains training 2x week (this is even more accurate if you were natural).

Too many people make the assumption that more volume (sets/reps) & frequency (days training) = growth
When all you need is a progressive overload to gain muscle, so: more weight on the bar = growth

my tip:

without any weight in your arm 'isometrically' tense it (ie: use your tris and bis to fight against each other), and then slowly let your biceps win.

this will improve your muscle-mind connection (NB: doing this isometric technique can give awesome pumps without any weights).

once you have the knack of pumping your muscles through isometrics... place a weight in hand, that is 80-90% of your max weight that you can rep throught a full range of motion without cheating.

never lock out your arm, to keep constant pressure on the bicep, and with the isometrically-tensed arm ... perform reps until failure. do not count them. your last rep will be a shaky one and you may not even complete the full range of motion of it with perfect-strict form.

next, lower the weight (dropsets), and repeat with another set until failure.

continue the sets until your last set it about 50% of your max weight.

palm-up concentration dumbbell curls... twist your wrist (thumb out) as far as comfortable.
hammer concentration dumbbell curls.
palm-down concentraion dumbbell curls... (thumb-in).
preacher EZ-combo barbell curls.

strict form... 3 seconds UP and 2 seconds down. squeeze at the top, and hold for 2secs.

;) i have 21in arms

Firstly, I'm man enough to admit when I've made a mistake - I'm sorry for assuming you were on gear, I'm sure you can understand why I made that assumption on an aas forum :)

But my point is still the same - you would've made the same gains training 2x week (this is even more accurate if you were natural).

Too many people make the assumption that more volume (sets/reps) & frequency (days training) = growth
When all you need is a progressive overload to gain muscle, so: more weight on the bar = growth

Srybhyped from.lack.of carbs comtest prep n high levels of tren when.i.posted that lol

Back