How did the pros get their knowledge?

Alphacino

How did all these bodybuilders get their knowledge? I don't get how some went from being skinny twigs to Olympia monsters. Did they hire coaches? I want to do whatever they did so I can look somewhat like that some day.

Here's a vid of before and after pics of pro bodybuilders youtu.be/bEXGUwaBOM8

determination. desire. dedication. mental toughness. persistence. 2 legit 2 quit and obviously some trial and error with different drugs...

Good genetics
Very good nutrition
Training hard
Sleeping well and recovering from the last workout
Dedication
Proper gear use (notice I listed this last)

Wisdom it's a better word. They learned as they went. Look at guys like Phil Heath...Jay Cutler mentored him after he saw him at a contest. They learn from guys that have already been at the top, while some just learn as they go. It takes time. A lot of time.

Their knowledge comes from the same place ours comes, remember they started out not knowing anything the same way we did. Trial and error, research to an extent until they are able to get in with the right click and get the right coachs and trainers. It involves a lot of dedication, a lot of time, a lot of food and yes a lot of gear. Anyone who thinks Olympia stage contestants run 500mgs of test and 600mgs of tren and these doses will get you there are grossly mistaken. Although diet, rest and exercise are the staples of success whether your a pro or not you must acknowledge that supplementation is a major role in the process. When they say to be big you gotta go big does not just apply with weight training. I can honestly say that one of the IFBB pro's that I know would never be where he is today without spending an ungodly amount of money on gear and would not continue to be where he is with out the money and gear from his sponsors regardless of the godlike genetics he has.

People who look at the pros and think they would like to be where they are at usually tend to only see the good side of things, talk to one of them in a serious conversation or read up on the negative of being 5'8 300lbs in the off season. Or the amount of pain they endure on a daily basis to be in the shape they are in. Most people shudder at the thought of running 10iu of insulin, where in reality is a very small dose. Try running 10iu humalog before every meal and 60iu humilin R post workout along side 20 iu of gh per day. It will take it to a whole new level. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS just stating one protocol that 1 guy I know uses with success but has been doing it for a very long time and worked his way to it. Plus he has doctors, trainer, coachs who follow him with everything he does, we do not have such luxuries

Last edited:
I've heard of 200ui slin everyday, that's insane dosage... 300mg/day tren ace is common, even at amateur lvl

I also know a pro that used 1g test 500mg deca 50mg dbols + GH in the offseason for a fact. granted he wasn't phil heath size but he is a close friend of mine and has no reason to lie. he believes some people just respond differently and he also thinks that pharma grade makes a big difference. he used to cycles 12 wks on 6 wks off year round. no blast and cruise.
I think saying ALL pros use massive amounts of gear is a little misleading

Their knowledge comes from the same place ours comes, remember they started out not knowing anything the same way we did. Trial and error, research to an extent until they are able to get in with the right click and get the right coachs and trainers. It involves a lot of dedication, a lot of time, a lot of food and yes a lot of gear. Anyone who thinks Olympia stage contestants run 500mgs of test and 600mgs of tren and these doses will get you there are grossly mistaken. Although diet, rest and exercise are the staples of success whether your a pro or not you must acknowledge that supplementation is a major role in the process. When they say to be big you gotta go big does not just apply with weight training. I can honestly say that one of the IFBB pro's that I know would never be where he is today without spending an ungodly amount of money on gear and would not continue to be where he is with out the money and gear from his sponsors regardless of the godlike genetics he has.

People who look at the pros and think they would like to be where they are at usually tend to only see the good side of things, talk to one of them in a serious conversation or read up on the negative of being 5'8 300lbs in the off season. Or the amount of pain they endure on a daily basis to be in the shape they are in. Most people shudder at the thought of running 10iu of insulin, where in reality is a very small dose. Try running 10iu humalog before every meal and 60iu humilin R post workout along side 20 iu of gh per day. It will take it to a whole new level. I DO NOT RECOMMEND DOING THIS just stating one protocol that 1 guy I know uses with success but has been doing it for a very long time and worked his way to it. Plus he has doctors, trainer, coachs who follow him with everything he does, we do not have such luxuries

Would hiring a coach benefit me the best? I really don't know exactly what I should do for diet and training. I want to aquire maximum gains, I'm done wasting time. If you agree with hiring a coach, do you know of any good ones looking for young clients?

Would hiring a coach benefit me the best? I really don't know exactly what I should do for diet and training. I want to aquire maximum gains, I'm done wasting time. If you agree with hiring a coach, do you know of any good ones looking for young clients?

how young

Almost 19. I'm looking to mature and learn everything I would want to know before I get into gear.

Also. What's some of your thoughts on using gear at my age? I'm going to wait I'm just curious about your thoughts.

You'll have a tough time finding anyone around here who will encourage a 19 year old to cycle. You can do permanent damage if you use steroids before your body is done developing. Besides, at your age your body should have tons of natural test. Diet and training should be your priorities at this age.

Your best best at the moment is going to be to hire a nutrional coach who can get you on the right track feeding your muscles properly with diet and nutrition for maximum growth. You have an enormous amount of test flowing through you at this age and if you eat properly your going to make some amazing gains.

I highly recommend 3J from the diet section here if you are serious about it and have the dedication to listen and eat whatever he tells you to.

I also know a pro that used 1g test 500mg deca 50mg dbols + GH in the offseason for a fact. granted he wasn't phil heath size but he is a close friend of mine and has no reason to lie. he believes some people just respond differently and he also thinks that pharma grade makes a big difference. he used to cycles 12 wks on 6 wks off year round. no blast and cruise.
I think saying ALL pros use massive amounts of gear is a little misleading
I wouldnt be surprised if he took more than that, I find people are seldom honest when telling people about their usage.
Most people will tell you they use less than they actually do.

hiring a coach speeds up the process yes.. having someone in your corner who is experienced will definitely make your life easier...

there are plenty of coaches out there.. some in your gym.. some online.. you have to find the right one..

my clients enjoy their privacy and enjoy the way i conduct business with them... because they see results..

you have to find what works for you

Back