how do i fix an anterior pelvic tilt?

The Conquistador

Ology's Golden Boy
i have it and its fucking up my squats and also my form and posture. I was told to do lots of hip flexor stretches but I was wondering what else

it's like scoliosis...fix your posture and rely on stretches...really that's all there is. hope you get through this

Right now your hip flexors and erector spinae are short. Stretching them will help with the problem, however it will not stop it from coming back. The muscular problems associated with this postural deficiency are weak abdominals, weak hamstrings and weak glutes. It's very likely your quadriceps are dominant and your knees extend over your ankle line when you squat. Really focus on strengthening your glutes and hamstrings.

i just started doing abs for the first time. i never really paid attention to them but now realized I have to. i just added some kettlebell swings and other things in for glutes as well

Right now your hip flexors and erector spinae are short. Stretching them will help with the problem, however it will not stop it from coming back. The muscular problems associated with this postural deficiency are weak abdominals, weak hamstrings and weak glutes. It's very likely your quadriceps are dominant and your knees extend over your ankle line when you squat. Really focus on strengthening your glutes and hamstrings.

focus on those and it will eventually level out again. Are you sitting in a desk for very long hours everyday? Bc thats what usually causes it. Look up some stretches you can do at your desk every once in awhile to prevent this from worsening.

Great post! Sort your glute/ham tie ins out and the rest will follow.

Squat form is key to this. Box squats are the secret, push back with your hips and out with your knees as you descend.

Back