How do I maintain my weight while burning fat?

SwollenWOP

I am 5'7 and weigh 210, with 13% bodyfat. I'm pretty stocky, and not a hardgainer, but I'm definitely an easy fatgainer. How do I not shred my weight down too far but burn fat? I've got a pretty good training routine, I'm looking mostly for diet tips. Right now I'm doing low carb, very high protein. Any ideas??? I want to stay as big as possible minus the smoothie :D

Keep at it low carb high protein and make sure most of your carbs are earlier in the day so you can burn them as fuel throughout the day, eat higher fat, higher protein foods later in the day. I am 5ft 7in 208 at 7% bodyfat so it is possible to stay big and get lean.

huskyguy said:
Keep at it low carb high protein and make sure most of your carbs are earlier in the day so you can burn them as fuel throughout the day, eat higher fat, higher protein foods later in the day. I am 5ft 7in 208 at 7% bodyfat so it is possible to stay big and get lean.

What do you think about having most carbs post-workout on workout days, and in the morning on non-workout days?

That could work but I try to go by the rule eat for what you are going to do, not for what you did.

try throwing in some morning cardio before the first meal to see if that helps a bit

How do you expect to lose fat and not lose weight??? I thought that was kinda the goal here.

Are you maybe asking how you can continue to gain mass while losing some fat?

I think he wants the best of both worlds which very few of us if any can get, and that is to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time

SwollenWOP said:
I am 5'7 and weigh 210, with 13% bodyfat. I'm pretty stocky, and not a hardgainer, but I'm definitely an easy fatgainer. How do I not shred my weight down too far but burn fat? I've got a pretty good training routine, I'm looking mostly for diet tips. Right now I'm doing low carb, very high protein. Any ideas??? I want to stay as big as possible minus the smoothie :D
GH:D

Keep your protein high at all times and the play with your carbs. Go low carb for 2-3 days (less than 100gr) and the load for a day (300-400gr). Also, eat carbs with your first 3-4 meals of the day and then replace starchy ones with fibrous ones.

Make sure you eat 1-2 tablespoons of healthy fats per day.

I'll try and give it a shot -

Get up - Take in a combo of BCAA's and Glutamine - 30 min Later

High Intensity Cardio (15 - 20 min)

Again with BCAA's and Glutamine - Along with a protein / fat meal.

Second meal can be a protein / carb meal

Third meal - protein / fat meal

Preworkout - protein / carb meal

Postworkout - protein / carb meal (take in about 1/2 carbs pw) use insuling if you can. Humalog

Sixth Meal - Protein / Fat meal

PROTEIN (2.0g / lb)
Fat (.5 / lb non workout days) (.25g / lb workout days)
Carbs (.5 - .75g / lb - non workout days) (1 - 1.25 g / lb workout days)

Now obviously if your not working out on that day. Eat your carbs in your first meal. And the rest would be (pro/fat) meals

Give it a try - I think you'll have some success. But i don't think that gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time is the best idea.

Back