How do I protect myself from getting MRSA at the gym?

Maybe another tip. Don't go to the gym with open sores. No matter how small. Normal healthy skin is the best defense against any microorganism. Better than even latex gloves. Any virus will walk straight through any latex glove in case you didn't know. Keep your personal hygiene tip top and don't scratch your skin or pimples or such. Keep your fingernails clean and cut and bandage any cuts or scrapes. Take frequent showers and make sure your skin is healthy without any open areas. Again the skin is the best way to maintain the sterility of whats inside your body. You do that you will never get MRSA. I have worked for over 20 years with infected patients. MRSA, HBV, HCV, HIV, Tuberculosis etc. Doing surgical procedures every day all day. I am not afraid of any of these things. I learn how they get transmitted and use common sense and universal precautions. If you are afraid of bacteria or any specific infection I would recommend talking to an infectious disease professional or doctor or self educate. Then once you are educated you will realize how easy it can be to protect yourself. Knowledge is power. It will help you understand and control your fears. (Your implant got infected and that is a complication of any surgical procedure. That is unfortunate. But if you have healthy clean skin and a normal immune system, there really is no need to worry about the gym related bacteria)

Last edited:
The only sure way is to buy your own equipment. MRSA is everywhere and doesn't die unless washed with bleach. I got MRSA in prison and it's no fun. It's been almost 10 years now and I still get a break out bout once a year.

Back