how important is it to wipe a spot with alochol?

DepressiveJuice

i get lazy doing this and rarely do it. i havent heard of anyone having any problems because they dont wipe. course, i hardly hear about anyone not wiping. it just seems like a hassle

if your to lazy to swipe with alcohol , what does that say about your workout ethic and sooner or later poor sanitation will come back to haunt you , im not flaming you bro but think about it

I always do. Funny too cause sometimes I'll just have gotten out of the shower yet I'll get some dirt on the swab. Better safe than sorry IMO.

Last edited:
IMO......it's a no-brainer not to swab, both prior to and after injecting.

Kind of like aspirating, it's just part of the process.

mvmaxx said:
I always do. Funny too cause sometimes I'll just have gotten out of the shower yet I'll get some dirt on the swab. Better safe than sorry IMO.

That's cause ur a dirty, nasty mofo...:D

you got to be the stupidest fuck out there not too. even after a shower. why risk infection when it takes one second to do so.?????

Nelson Montana's Prick & Research Chemical Sale

StoneColdNTO said:
IMO......it's a no-brainer not to swab, both prior to and after injecting.

Kind of like aspirating, it's just part of the process.

Nelson Montana has been known to suggest that both swabbing and aspirating are a waste of time, at least for glute shots. Here's this morning's Spam from Spellwin:

"From the desk of
George Spellwin
Research Director
gspellwin@elitefitness.com
(888) 613-8959

Wednesday December 17, 2003

Hello David,

I remember my very first time. No, not that. I'm talking about my
first time trying to inject myself. It was equally as scary as the
"other" first time but not nearly as pleasurable. At any rate, both
experiences were over in a couple of seconds.

To many bodybuilders experienced in steroid use, shooting up is a
walk in the park. But if you've never taken the plunge, so to
speak, the idea of stabbing yourself and flooding your bloodstream
with a substance you bought from some guy who you know only as "Big
Lou", can be a little frightening to say the least.

In this edition of Elite Fitness News, we've printed Nelson
Montana's Guide to Painless Injections. This excerpt is from
Nelson's book BottomLine Bodybuilding. Whether you're a newbie, a
novice, a girlie-girl like me, or a veritable veteran at the fine
art of what amounts to anabolic hari-kari, there are a few tricks
which can make the experience a lot less painful. In fact, self
injection should be pain-less.

To read all about self injections, please go to:

http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/efn/121703.html

Yours in sport,

George Spellwin"

ironfist said:
That's cause ur a dirty, nasty mofo...:D

LOL I was counting the seconds before I saw that. Just surprised Stonecold opted out of that golden opportunity.

......must be old age.

DepressiveJuice said:
not wiping and work ethics are two totally different things dude. whats that brown gunk doctors use to wipe?

Betadyne(sp?) Presoaked prepackaged swabs or liquid form, your choice, if you can find it.

Supposedly, only methanol will actually kill the surface bacteria. I ain't rubbing that shit on my ass cheeks.

I always do for the fuck of it, but I've heard doctors say the only reason they do it is to make the patients feel better about the Injection. Some other chem is used to kill absolutely all bacteria.

There was a post on elite 6 months ago about this exact question that proved alcohol swabs useless.

The contact time and concentration of alcohol used does NOTHING before an injection. Maybe the bugs get a bath though.

When you see the DDS, and get a shot in the mouth. The doc cannot do anything about the bugs there--right? The mouth is full of bacteria, yet hardly ever a problem with infections from intra oral injections.

Just a thought.

I got air bags and a seat belt too and I never plan to use them. If it prevents just one infection it is well worth the step.

I like to do it- it makes me feel like a doctor...the smell of the swab smells like the doctors office. At any rate, what can it hurt?

TL

Back