how many protein shakes do you drink a day?

how many protein shakes do you drink a day aside from 6 meals?

Votes: 42 11.9%

Votes: 121 34.3%

Votes: 121 34.3%

Votes: 41 11.6%

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • 6 or more

Votes: 18 5.1%

• Total voters
I have between 5-7 protien shakes per day, I try and keep my protien level up at all times. So i'll have a shake every 3-4 hours. Plus i eat 4 meals per day plus fruit and yoghurt etc...

3 - 5 per day with whole milk, depending on if i got to get enough solid protein...but N-large with whole milk is actually pretty good... i use about 24oz whole milk and 4 scoups...76g protein and 1,050 calories..nice before bed snack :)

Usually drink 3 a day w/30-40grams whey in ea. 1. Usually make them w/skim milk and throw in a few eggs and blend it up. That way I get egg, milk and whey protein. SOme days have 4, but try and focus getting the majority of my protein from whole foods.

why wasnt i allowed to vote?!
i dont use shakes at all,, why wasnt that an option?

alot of competitive bodybuilders dont use shakes even wen bulkin,, been told so by one

Teetoe24 said:
People think that theyt can replace natural proteins by popping shakes... most of your protein should come from meat,fish and chicken... Salmon is a GOOOOOOOOD form of protein... they say for every pound you weight, you should intake .5 to 1.0 grams of protein... ex: if you weight 175.. you should intake 175 grams a day...

I still find that hard to beleive
Salmon is a good form of mercury. Why do you think the FDA warns pregnant women not to eat salmon fish?

putin said:
Salmon is a good form of mercury. Why do you think the FDA warns pregnant women not to eat salmon fish?

Salmon and Tuna are said to contain mercury, if we gonna eat tuna , why not salmon!!

I believe salmon eat a lot more fish. As a result they wind up with higher concentrations because while they may not retain all the calories they consume, they do retain the mercury.
I have one large protien shake on off days, about 100g of different protiens I drink in intervals while at work.
On workout days I add an extra post workout shake with about 40g of whey only.
Would it be better to eat all natural foods...Maybe, but it would also be more time cosuming, which is one asset I find hard to lose.

1-2 depending on the day. I think it's important to note that it should be 1 g/lb. of lean body mass, not just bodyweight. Feeding the fat and water on the body isn't really necessary.

look on the back of the packet but a high quality chicken breast will offer 25+gs of proteiin per 100gs. this is a real favourite of mine and if you have brought a chicken breast but are short of time on cooking it, cut it up and fry it in water until its white right through. this is easily the healthiest and quickest way to cook chicken. i alternate with protein shakes and meal replacement bars. probably atleast 2-3 of either combination. with chicken, i have that almost everyday in a caesar salad (easy on the dressing) or with a vegetable stir fry which again is so healthy as it is water based but great for convenience and quality low carb and fat, meals.

Back