How often do you train each bodypart per week?

How often do you train each bodypart per week?

• Once a week

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • Twice per week

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Three times a week

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I'm a crazy bastard and work a muscle more than 3x a week

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
so its unanomous. now this means if you guys are benching one day and doing shoulders another then hittin arms another. that you juast lied. thats tris three times in one week. if you hittin back one day and arms another then you lied again. get the point keemosabis?

pullinbig said:
so its unanomous. now this means if you guys are benching one day and doing shoulders another then hittin arms another. that you juast lied. thats tris three times in one week. if you hittin back one day and arms another then you lied again. get the point keemosabis?

Ok let me rephrase...how many times a week do you directly work each muscle....

what benching aint working tris? hard pressed to find another exercise that hits um that good.dips is a close second if not first.

DAY 1- BACK
DAY 2-CLAVES, CHEST
DAY 3-LEGS
DAY4-CALVES, SHOULDERS
DAY 5-ARMS

BASICALLY MON-FRIDAY AT 6AM. SETS,EXERCISES AND REPS VARY FROM LOW END TO HIGH END

I PREFER A HIGHER VOLUME OF SETS AND REPS TYPICALLY ON THE 6-12 RANGE

Hey Guys,
This question has been bugging me lately
I train like this.
Mon-Chest/Bis (opposing muscles)
Tues-Back/Tris (opposing muscles)
Wed- Legs/Shoulders
Thurs-Chest/bis
Fri-Back/Tris.
Usually 3 exercises per muscle (eg Chest is Flat bench, Incline flys and cable flys) 10 reps with slight pyramiding. Chest I do 10, 8, 6, 3, 8, 20. I go from 100@10 to 200@3 then back to 100@20. The rest is usually 10 reps with the middle set up a bit of weight and the last set up slightly again.

Abs - everyday (used to do 300 crunches but now do low reps with weights - works much better)

plus I start out with a 3 mile run (treadmill) in about 20-21 min or 20 min of orbital.

What I dont understand is how youare supposed to build muscle training only once a week. (I am looking to go on the 5x5) I especially dont understand when you are on something like M1T when you are on for only 2 weeks. That means you only work your chest twice, how would you notice any gains?

Is there anything wrong with my assumption that twice a week is better?

Last edited:
Gandalfnet said:
Hey Guys,
This question has been bugging me lately
I train like this.
Mon-Chest/Bis (opposing muscles)
Tues-Back/Tris (opposing muscles)
Wed- Legs/Shoulders
Thurs-Chest/bis
Fri-Back/Tris.
Usually 3 exercises per muscle (eg Chest is Flat bench, Incline flys and cable flys) 10 reps with slight pyramiding. Chest I do 10, 8, 6, 3, 8, 20. I go from 100@10 to 200@3 then back to 100@20. The rest is usually 10 reps with the middle set up a bit of weight and the last set up slightly again.

Abs - everyday (used to do 300 crunches but now do low reps with weights - works much better)

plus I start out with a 3 mile run (treadmill) in about 20-21 min or 20 min of orbital.

What I dont understand is how youare supposed to build muscle training only once a week. (I am looking to go on the 5x5) I especially dont understand when you are on something like M1T when you are on for only 2 weeks. That means you only work your chest twice, how would you notice any gains?

Is there anything wrong with my assumption that twice a week is better?

I'm assuming you're a small guy w/ small arms b/c looking at your routine....your Tri's are getting worked to some degree 5 days in a row!!! And your abs are just like any other muslce, they need rest too. Doing them everyday, they're gonna get overtrained very easily too. Your muscles don't grow in the gym, they grow when they're being rested. When you lift, you're tearing the muscle fibers, and when they heal, they heel slightly bigger and stronger each time. With you tearing them down every day or 5 days in a row, you're not giving them time to heal at all which means they won't grow either.

OK advice taken,
so I channged it to
Mon - Chest and tris
Tue - upper Abs and Shoulders
Wed - Off
Thur - Back and Bis
Fri - Legs and lower abs

Better? I can tell you after a week I notice that bis and tris really tire out at the end of a work out. Thanks

Last edited:
lololololololololololol you guys kill me. do you guys post this stuff just to get a reaction out of me or what? lolololololhehheehhehehehehe

lololololololol i did not put that there someone like Texxy baby did. bubba i have posted on this topic til my fingers are hard and calassed (just on the end of two of them, mostly one). read the dead lift sticky and see some of my workouts, read the routine i have posted for newbies and seasoned vets and watch the videos. read some of the other training posts. if you got questions then I'll be glad to talk with you via PM. nice atavar too. and i like the sarcasm too. very nicely done. :D

Back