My New Workout Schedule, too much?

BrockLesnar

I would like some opinions on my routine I have just started keeping a journal and it seems to be helping me make much better gains. It kind of allows me to compete with my self and remember exactly what I lifted the previous time.

I have always worked every body part once a week but now I'm thinking about hitting every body part twice a week. I'm actually on my second week of this routine. I got this idea from the Arnold Encyclopedia, it is the Advanced Lvl 1 just modified a few exercises would like to know what you guys think whether I'm doing too much. I was going to do this for about 4-6 weeks then switch it up maybe do pre exhaustion I dono yet.

Workout #1 Chest/Back/Quads/Hams

1. Flat Bench Press 4x5 (switch to dumbells every third workout)
2. Incline Bench Press 4x8 (switch to dumbells every third workout)
3. Dumbell Flies 3x 10, 8, 6 (do incline flies every third workout)
4. Dips 3 sets of as many as possible with 1 min rest

5. Chin ups 4x10 (alternating grip)
6. T-Bar Row 4x 15, 12, 8, 6
7. Bent over Row 4x 8-12
8. Lat Pulldown 4x10

9. Squats 5x 20,10,8,6,4
10. Leg Curl 4x 20, 10, 8, 6
11. Leg ext 3x 10, 8, 6
12. Straight Leg Deadlift 3x10

13. Crunches 3x25 (I use to do heavy weight on abs and less reps thinking of trying something new here)
14. Machine Crunches 3x25
15. Hanging Leg Lifts 3x 10-15

Workout #2 Shoulders/bis/tris/forearms

1. Behind the neck dumbell press 5x 15,10,8,8,6
2. Lateral raise 4x8
3. Front raise 4x8
4. Shoulder press machine 4x 10,8,6,4

5. Standing barbell curls 5x 15,10,8,6,4
6. Seated incline DB curls 4x8
7. Preacher curls 4x8
8. Hammer curls 4x8

9. Close grip bench 4x 10,8,6,4
10. OH Tricep ext (french press) 4x 15,12,10,8
11. Skull Crushers 4x 15,12,10,8
12. Dips 3x 10-15
13. Reverse cable ext single arm 3x 8,8,6

14. Wrist curl 4 sets
15. Reverse wrist curl 3 sets

Workout #3 Make up day for muscles missed usually sundays (trap, rear delt, calves etc.)

1. Deadlift 5x 15,10,8,6,4 (max once a month)
2. Barbell Shrugs 4x10
3. Seated DB shrugs 4x8
4. Reverse flies (palms facing each other) 4x 12,10,8,8
5. Reverse flies (palms facing down) 4x8
6. Calf raises 2x regular 2x toes pointed out 2x toes pointed in

Mon #1
Tues Rest

Wed #2
Thurs #1

Fri Rest

Sat #2
Sun # 3

So two days rest a week I will be switching it up in a few weeks might drop back down to every body part 1x a week for 2 weeks then one week of no lifting to recover and then back to every body part 2x a week again. Just want to know what you guys think. Danke Schonne.

Last edited:
workout 1 alone seems like over training to the max and to do it twice a week will not reap better gainzz
are you on a cycle or anything?

I read somewhere that Arnold is the king of overtraining and lets not forget that Arnold trained like this while he was on shit

workout 1 alone seems like over training to the max and to do it twice a week will not reap better gainzz
are you on a cycle or anything?

I read somewhere that Arnold is the king of overtraining and lets not forget that Arnold trained like this while he was on shit

I feel like yeah it could be pushing over-training but I was only going to do this for about 4 weeks? Then go back down to once a week, take a break, and start 4 weeks of low rep high weight prob i the 4-6 rep range.

I mean I figured I'm still getting 48-72 hours in between doing each muscle group. Since I'm doing about 4 exercises for each body part a total of 8 exercises per week wouldn't be too much? I know some people do like 8 sets per muscle group in a single day in order to hit diff angles. Anyways thanks for the input.

Also I'd like to say that my lifts have gone up doing this program and I'm not currently on gear (i start my next cycle in july) but it could be the fact that I just started keeping a journal and not from the program itself.

Looks a bit crunched together to me. I would be too waxed to get a good leg workout in after full chest... #1 seems like a bit much man. I would add a fourth day into your schedule to have an isolated leg day and move my back workout to your misc day.
Man that training schedule is scattered!

I feel like yeah it could be pushing over-training but I was only going to do this for about 4 weeks? Then go back down to once a week, take a break, and start 4 weeks of low rep high weight prob i the 4-6 rep range.

I mean I figured I'm still getting 48-72 hours in between doing each muscle group. Since I'm doing about 4 exercises for each body part a total of 8 exercises per week wouldn't be too much? I know some people do like 8 sets per muscle group in a single day in order to hit diff angles. Anyways thanks for the input.

Also I'd like to say that my lifts have gone up doing this program and I'm not currently on gear (i start my next cycle in july) but it could be the fact that I just started keeping a journal and not from the program itself.

how long do these workouts usually take you?
i'm assuming you're going heavy the way you're pyramiding your rep ranges and I'm pretty sure the strain from those workouts would require at least 5-6 days of recovery even when you are eating big

but hey man this is all just advice...you could do whatever the F*** you wanna doooooooooo
no malice intended :beertoast

Looks a bit crunched together to me. I would be too waxed to get a good leg workout in after full chest... #1 seems like a bit much man. I would add a fourth day into your schedule to have an isolated leg day and move my back workout to your misc day.
Man that training schedule is scattered!

Yeah I know what you mean it is starting to take a toll lol I am planning on switching it to doing only two body parts twice a week and rotating it. So for two weeks I'm going to do Chest and tris twice a week and everything else once a week. Then for two weeks do back and bi's twice a week and everything else 1x and same thing with legs etc etc I think that would make more sense and I would be able to recover better.

how long do these workouts usually take you?
i'm assuming you're going heavy the way you're pyramiding your rep ranges and I'm pretty sure the strain from those workouts would require at least 5-6 days of recovery even when you are eating big

but hey man this is all just advice...you could do whatever the F*** you wanna doooooooooo
no malice intended :beertoast

hodge twins lmao The workouts take about 2 1/2 hours. But I am going to dial it back a bit and rest more, I realize I am not Jay Cutler here :/ lol

i think anything over an hour and a half of weight lifting and you'll start getting diminishing returns.
Jay Cutler said the longest he would ever stay at the gym is 2 hours. Freaks like Rich Piana claim to be in the gym for 3 1/2 hours :Pat:

Yeah that's how much I use to workout at most was an hour and 45 min when doing two body parts, I'm going back to that next week. The only reason I started doing 2 1/2 was cuz I'm cutting and didn't really want to do cardio lol

Last summer on my cut I went ham on the ketogenic diet only eating at max 60-70 grams of carbs a day. Absolutely no cardio and it had me shredded

Yeah I'm slowly lowering my carbs right now got about 2 months before I start tren so hopefully I'll lose some fat before then and then even more on cycle. Btw is that you in the avi holy shit lol

carbs are the absolute hardest thing to stop especially for a guy like me who loves to eat rice but, when you do cut them out the end result would be my avi :] that pic was taken in March long after my keto diet and with the introduction of carbs back into my diet

Back