How to best look full and dry while on of T at TRT dosage?

AnonEagle

Hey all,

Currently running a Test @ 200mg/W. Pretty new to running the TRT dose.

Have a 2 week vacation planned to the beach coming up in Jan. Just wondering what is the consensus on the best way to try to maintain volume but minimize bloat as much as possible leading up to this?

I've read some articles on here about pre-contest prep, but seems to be missing two factors:
1) Not sure if the synthetic test adds anything
2) Trying to maintain look as best possible for 2 weeks instead of 1 day

Would it just be something like cut out sodium leading up to it, as well as carbs? And then carb up during the first few days or something like that

I also have Aromasin, but haven't been using it just on the TRT dose. I also can't take it with me, as I'm going international, but I could take it ahead of time?

Just looking for any tips or experiences. Or even just a relevant link.

Thanks!

Nope... you are over thinking it... you don't nearly have to get as conditioned as for a show... in my opinion I'd start a carb cycle or look into the anabolic diet where you're very low carb all week and have a massive refeed on the weekend.... but there is no need to cut sodium or wtee especially if you don't have someone watching you with a trained eye

And with a trt dose and aromasin you shouldn't be holding much water

I haven't been using any Aromasin. Only 2 months into the TRT, was hoping that it wouldn't be necessary at the low dose.

Maybe add some in at 12.5/day or so? Or even less I would imagine..

ETA:
What is your estradiol at on 200mg per week? Many guys end up needing an AI on theat dosage.

Only 2 months in at this point so I haven't done bloods yet, so can't say. I am a little bit bloated, but also am eating pretty high sodium and carb cycling at the moment. Hard to tell, but I will be getting the bloodwork soon to check it out

I haven't been using any Aromasin. Only 2 or 3 months into the TRT, was hoping that it wouldn't be necessary at the low dose.

Maybe add some in at 12.5/day or so? Or even less I would imagine..

We need to know what your estradiol is at before being able to recommend an AI dosage You may or may not need it.

We need to know what your estradiol is at before being able to recommend an AI dosage You may or may not need it.

Edited above, but no bloods yet.

Sorry I know you can't really give individualized advice without them. Was more just looking for general advice or what other people would do in the situation. Or say your E2 was fine on TRT but probably on the higher side of OK, might you still add in a little Aromasin to try and dry out?

Also, I can't take the Aromasin with me, do you have any idea how long it lasts for? When I've taken it in the past I've always used it every day, so no idea what the half-life is like on it

Nin my opinion I'd start a carb cycle or look into the anabolic diet where you're very low carb all week and have a massive refeed on the weekend....

This is pretty much what I have been thinking, thanks

Much appreciated y'all

a simple carb/sodium deload will shed alot of water weight..

Thanks for the input 3J

I guess I don't really understand the relationship between elevated Test+E2 and holding water from Carbs and Sodium.

Are these independent variables affecting how you hold water? Or is more that the elevated hormones will enhance the dietary effects?

It's really just that I haven't come across anything that really explains the WHY of the pre-contest/anabolic sorts of diets, rather it's always just DO THIS, and it works..so it's hard to understand how they really work together

Ya I'd suggest drinking 2 gallons of water a day, keep your body hydrated and possibly take something like MAP xpel... i wouldn't suggest anything like Lasix or even a thiazide...

You should be able to achieve the desired results...

However if u really had low t and u just got on, the largest factor would be time...u need to give your body time to re comp because of the stabilized hormone levels that trt provides....

In my experience.. prior to me getting on TRT I've never had abs... by the end of almost a year on TRD it is now a struggle to lose my abs regardless of what I eat

Thanks for the input 3J

I guess I don't really understand the relationship between elevated Test+E2 and holding water from Carbs and Sodium.

Are these independent variables affecting how you hold water? Or is more that the elevated hormones will enhance the dietary effects?

It's really just that I haven't come across anything that really explains the WHY of the pre-contest/anabolic sorts of diets, rather it's always just DO THIS, and it works..so it's hard to understand how they really work together
so what are your estrogen levels? how do you know they are elevated?? lol

Ya I'd suggest drinking 2 gallons of water a day, keep your body hydrated and possibly take something like MAP xpel... i wouldn't suggest anything like Lasix or even a thiazide...

You should be able to achieve the desired results...

However if u really had low t and u just got on, the largest factor would be time...u need to give your body time to re comp because of the stabilized hormone levels that trt provides....

In my experience.. prior to me getting on TRT I've never had abs... by the end of almost a year on TRD it is now a struggle to lose my abs regardless of what I eat

Thanks for this bro. Everything y'all have said makes total sense
It has certainly occurred to me that I am definitely overthinking this LOL

Also totally agree your second point. I've been suffering through low T for a long time, but during my past cycles I've definitely noticed my body just change shape, and even now. Can't wait to see where I end up in a year!

so what are your estrogen levels? how do you know they are elevated?? lol

I was under the impression it is unavoidable when increasing testosterone?

I don't mean elevated out of the healthy range, but rather relative to my own baseline. Isn't it pretty much certain that your estrogen levels will rise at least a little bit with any exogenous testosterone?

otoh, I can tell looking at my body I am slightly more bloated with the same diet since being on. I have always been somewhat susceptible to estro-related sides in my cycles.

I was under the impression it is unavoidable when increasing testosterone?

I don't mean elevated out of the healthy range, but rather relative to my own baseline. Isn't it pretty much certain that your estrogen levels will rise at least a little bit with any exogenous testosterone?

otoh, I can tell looking at my body I am slightly more bloated with the same diet since being on. I have always been somewhat susceptible to estro-related sides in my cycles.

It depends on how much testosterone you take.

Testosterone aromatizes (converts) into estradiol. Aromatase Inhibitors help slow down this process so not as much estradiol is created. You have to be careful not to use too much though as men need certain amount of estradiol.

Just add a word of caution: its impossible to stay dry for weeks on end by simply manipulating carbs/electrolytes - never going to happen.

Carb loads, etc work well when the aim is to look shredded for a day or two, not weeks.
After that day or two, your body tends to adjust & you end up looking worse then you did pre carb load - a lot of guys post contest prep will know what I'm talking about.
You also shouldn't mess around with electrolytes without a coach monitoring you, the chances of you getting it right are very, very low.

Also I can...sense...that you want to drop your estrogen levels to look dry.
Now this does work, but crashing your e2 on purpose for weeks on end is a terrible idea for your health in general.
If your bloodwork indicates elevated e2, then that's another story.

Basucally: your not going to maintain a dry look for weeks on end, that's why no REAL natties are all dry & hard year round :)

Great post though OP... it's something that pretty much all of us think about at one point of the year....

Some good advice flying around here, even though you haven't heard anything definitive just yet :)

BigBen

Back