How to fight depression and anxiety

haha.. i think i have it worse then all of u when it comes down to depression

type 2 manic depressant right here... been on meds for 5 years now.. if i come off i feel fine for a while and then go horribly down hill.. then repeat the cycle.. really sucks.. i have to be on medication for most of my life.. but im greatful for it.. i can lead a healthy lifestyle because of it

I had resting bp 170/140, resting pulse 80, 70% loss strength/endurance, recurrent bleeding ear infections, felt like fire ants were crawling on me and biting me. Doctors could not explain symptoms, told me cigarette smoke and EXTREME STRESS was to blame!!!!

Do you think changing the way we think can cause physical changes in our brains?

i take half a mg of klonopin every morning for a little anxiety. related to a nausea issue

I get this too, I take ativan tho. I think medication helps, but psychotherapy and meds is the best way to deal with any type of mental disease. Because even if you correct a chemical imbalance within the brain, you need therapy to correct bad habitual thinking patterns.

I get this too, I take ativan tho. I think medication helps, but psychotherapy and meds is the best way to deal with any type of mental disease. Because even if you correct a chemical imbalance within the brain, you need therapy to correct bad habitual thinking patterns.

What does therapy teach about bad habitual thinking patterns? How can you change the way you think? Is there a mental exercise?

i agree with you, although ive never went to any psycotherapy. i had a problem with severe nausea for almost a year, then finally had my gall bladder removed. that solved the problem, but my mind was kinda tricking my body into getting nauseous everytime i ate because i was so used to getting that feeling. the klonopin helps and i only need .5mg once as soon as i wake up. i probably should look into some kind of therapy to fix the problem so i dont have to take the benzo.

What does therapy teach about bad habitual thinking patterns? How can you change the way you think? Is there a mental exercise?

There are many mental exercises and coping mechanisms. For me, psychotherapy has helped me view bad experiences in a better way. And in changing the way I think, it helped change the way I feel and act. It takes a while and make sure you find a therapist that you can get along with and feel comfortable with.

i agree with you, although ive never went to any psycotherapy. i had a problem with severe nausea for almost a year, then finally had my gall bladder removed. that solved the problem, but my mind was kinda tricking my body into getting nauseous everytime i ate because i was so used to getting that feeling. the klonopin helps and i only need .5mg once as soon as i wake up. i probably should look into some kind of therapy to fix the problem so i dont have to take the benzo.

I hated therapy when I first started going. It was hard to talk so deeply with someone that I didnt know but, after a few visits I looked forward to going and I always felt better after the session. It was just nice to talk to someone who can help and get things off my chest.

I dont go all the time, just when I feel like I need to.

here goes... finished my last refill of paxil yesterday. I was taking 30mgs a day. I'm going to see if I can do this...So far nothing to report as per withdrwl symptoms. If anything gets tough as I go on with this, I will get a refill of 20mg and just breakem in have and take 10mgs a day. Fyi- the paxil was for anxiety.

I got to say I never really knew what depression is until I came off the juice the WRONG way.

Im currently in the army and deployed in Iraq. I've been here for 11 months and im going home in in a week or so. I did a cycle of D-bols and Boldenone right before deployment thinking I could gain some mass and strength in the proscess. Bad part was, I did ZERO post cycle therapy (pct). Bad, bad mistake. Within a 3 weeks of my last shot I was in Iraq crashing hard. No test, no clomid or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to bring my levels back up. To make matters worse, americans were killed and I (with other individuals) were responsible for recovering the bodies. Not a very fun time. Severe deppression, no will to work, which is everyday here, with no days off. Needless to say I gained a bunch of weight and, for the first time I failed a tape test. According to the army I was at 21 %bf and things were not looking to good.

Luckly though, a sgt I know helped me get back in shape. It wasnt easy, about 5 months of recovery lifting weights, eating healthy etc. I didnt know websites like this existed before. NOW I know what not to do.Going through all of those trying moments and literally *pulling myself out* of the funk I was in, has made me a truly stronger individual. I no longer take for granted things like "normal test levels" as funny as it may sound. Or an elevated sense of happiness. Its almost as if thick scales were over my eyes, and coming out was a new way of seeing a new perspective on things.

One thing is for sure, I have a newfound respect for bodybuilders, and the like. In a way im glad I went through what I did, Im also glad I found this forum. I'll be getting out of the army soon, and I plan on doing things the right way, Like buying Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and clomid/nolva beforhand. Im also planning on getting gyno surgery, this was not related to the cycle mentioned, but puberty.

Hope this helps anyone reading.

here goes... finished my last refill of paxil yesterday. I was taking 30mgs a day. I'm going to see if I can do this...So far nothing to report as per withdrwl symptoms. If anything gets tough as I go on with this, I will get a refill of 20mg and just breakem in have and take 10mgs a day. Fyi- the paxil was for anxiety.

well.....still going cold turkey! so far so good. i get mild spites of anxiety at times but rather tolerable...some days i think to myself i should get a script for 10mgs...then i forget about for a few days. i took my pills in the mornings, don't even feel like im missing anything when i leave for work...anyways that's all for now!

this is a depressed society..ready to pop a pill to be happy. My opinion on it is a bit harsh.

Take what I'd consider a perfect life:
a healthy person with healthy loved ones,
a person with normal intellect able to be self sufficient,
cancer free,
no horrible tragedies to the loved ones

... but hmmm..the person is "depressed and sad" about not making enough money, not being attractive enough, being bored with their life.

I have a solution. Experience real tragedy and re-evaluate. A person with all the positive things above who all the sudden experiences the death of their child or discovers their partner has terminal cancer won't be so self centered to be depressed about the things that are no longer even a concern. Think about it. I do daily because although I have a LOT of negatives in my life, I am grateful more than I ever have been for what I do have(and its not much).
I have my health. I have the intellect to make my own future. I have healthy pets and loved ones. Anything more than this is a bonus. I WILL work hard to have nicer things, but that's just a bonus. Think about it...

this is a depressed society..ready to pop a pill to be happy. My opinion on it is a bit harsh.

Take what I'd consider a perfect life:
a healthy person with healthy loved ones,
a person with normal intellect able to be self sufficient,
cancer free,
no horrible tragedies to the loved ones

... but hmmm..the person is "depressed and sad" about not making enough money, not being attractive enough, being bored with their life.

I have a solution. Experience real tragedy and re-evaluate. A person with all the positive things above who all the sudden experiences the death of their child or discovers their partner has terminal cancer won't be so self centered to be depressed about the things that are no longer even a concern. Think about it. I do daily because although I have a LOT of negatives in my life, I am grateful more than I ever have been for what I do have(and its not much).
I have my health. I have the intellect to make my own future. I have healthy pets and loved ones. Anything more than this is a bonus. I WILL work hard to have nicer things, but that's just a bonus. Think about it...

makes sense 100% well said...

I've got the cure but you wont want to hear it....
Experience true tragedy and the small stuff that used to bother you won't even be a concern anymore...How could you possibly be depressed and sad over a safe, employed, loving life if you just experienced death of a loved one, finding out you have cancer, if you lost everything you've ever worked for in life, if everything in your life was taken away from you...
Once you get confronted with the huge stuff, all the petty little things DO NOT MATTER. I have experienced this and although I have gone through some terrible stuff, it has worked to my advantage. I am not as successful as I once was, but what I lack in $ I have gained in appreciation for my life, my loved ones, and my potential to have a great, happy life.
......or you could simply get a prescription for something that will shut down your libido and make you feel even worse. Its an easy choice for me. Deal with the tough stuff or realize you have no tough stuff and rehab yourself...This is a society of winers. The other countries in the world laugh at us because we are weak and I can't say I disagree with them sometimes. Good luck and I hope there is something in your life you can build off of so you can work on turning things around.

I've got the cure but you wont want to hear it....
Experience true tragedy and the small stuff that used to bother you won't even be a concern anymore...How could you possibly be depressed and sad over a safe, employed, loving life if you just experienced death of a loved one, finding out you have cancer, if you lost everything you've ever worked for in life, if everything in your life was taken away from you...
Once you get confronted with the huge stuff, all the petty little things DO NOT MATTER. I have experienced this and although I have gone through some terrible stuff, it has worked to my advantage. I am not as successful as I once was, but what I lack in $ I have gained in appreciation for my life, my loved ones, and my potential to have a great, happy life.
......or you could simply get a prescription for something that will shut down your libido and make you feel even worse. Its an easy choice for me. Deal with the tough stuff or realize you have no tough stuff and rehab yourself...This is a society of winers. The other countries in the world laugh at us because we are weak and I can't say I disagree with them sometimes. Good luck and I hope there is something in your life you can build off of so you can work on turning things around.
Cheappinz,
I have to say I agree and disagree with you, I for one avoid taking meds as much as possible, and I only take Tylenol for cramps or headaches.... I believe in the power of the human mind & spirit... I think some people definitely take meds like anti depressants probably unnecessary, I agree with you that this society is a pill popping society.. We see all kinds of commercials on TV promoting the use of pills with terrible side effects... But I have to acknowledge that there are definitely cases were depression is real & painful to the person suffering from it.... We can all probably remember the famous Tom Cruise interview where he said he was totally against Psychiatric meds. He as all Scientologists are against Psychatric meds...He accused Brooke Shields of taking unnecessary anti-depressant meds when she had Post Partum depression , She had a chemical misbalance & took the meds that helped her get better.
I have seen cases of severe depression & the person has gotten much better when they took the anti-depression meds.
I know we all have our negative things in our life that we probably obsess about when we should be focusing on the positive, but in some cases I think meds are needed & they help normalize the brain of the depressed person.
Here's a little research I did on what happens to the depressed brain:
Not enough serotonin is produced,

There are not enough receptor sites to receive serotonin,

Serotonin is being taken back up too quickly before it can reach receptor sites,

Chemical precursors to serotonin (molecules that serotonin is manufactured from) may be in short supply, or

Molecules that facilitate the production of serotonin may be in too short supply.

As you can see, if there is a breakdown anywhere along the path, neurotransmitter supplies may not be adequate for your brain’s needs. Inadequate supplies lead to the symptoms that we know as depression.

Anyways..............it's been I don't know how long now and still cold turkey. Forgot all about the shit till I read this thread again, I think I'm going to have to avoid this thread:)

My cure for anxiety/insomnia (had forever..)
Go to the beach in the morning, surf whatever..
eat, nap, eat, lift like its the last time, eat, nap and screw
my GF till i'm unconscious, Klonopin at bedtime.

Back