How to maintain alpha feeling/aggression off cycle

If you do any of the Y DNA tests at FamilyTreeDNA.com you can then add in a test for the Warrior Gene:

Monoamine Oxidase A (Warrior Gene)

The Warrior Gene is a variant of the gene MAO-A on the X chromosome. Recent studies have linked the Warrior Gene to increased risk-taking and aggressive behavior. Whether in sports, business, or other activities, scientists found that individuals with the Warrior Gene variant were more likely to be combative than those with the normal MAO-A gene. However, human behavior is complex and influenced by many factors, including genetics and our environment. Individuals with the Warrior Gene are not necessarily more aggressive, but according to scientific studies, are more likely to be aggressive than those without the Warrior Gene variant. This test is available for both men and women, however, there is limited research about the Warrior Gene variant amongst females. Additional details about the Warrior Gene genetic variant of MAO-A can be found in Sabol et al, 1998.

Last edited:
My friend, that feeling is either something youre born with or you arent.

But seriously, it really cant be done.

THIS ^^^

your Alpha or your not.. Genetics and mindset ... no need for drugs. sure some might cause it.. but don expect to keep it if thats not who YOU are... be who you are : )

Awesome thread

Something I pretty avidly disagree with is the way in which bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts who usually -or at least should- have a pretty solid understanding of multiple complex biological processes always turn to pathos when discussing anything related to the gym, physique, diet, gear/endocrine system, and in this case, psychology.

Ex: We know the physiological effects of working out at failure, but when asked about how or why we workout the way we do it's always some over-passionate line about our desire to be the best, or something to the effect of, " 'Cuz that's what killers do."

I wasn't born with the feeling of dominance I get from gear (Full disclosure, I've only ran 2 cycles of PH and on my first peptide cycle). However, I fucking LOVE that feeling. For me, when I am in-between cycles I have to constantly remind myself of who and what I am; A Goddamn Fucking Alpha Male-Monster. It comes effortlessly on cycle, and even during PCT, but there is definitely effort required to maintain this mindset as; my T levels drop, I watch my strength drop, I lose my gains, and my workouts decrease from 3 hour slaughter fests to 1.5 hour struggles.

There are many things which have worked for me. Some of which have come from books I read, independent internet research, and are summed up pretty well by the subject of this video https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ks-_Mh1QhMc

Here are some of those tips and tricks, based on both animal instinct and human psychology of dominance and power
1) Stare people down, until they look away. Once they break Eye contact eve if they look back it is not necessary to continue staring
2)When you shake hands, turn the others hand palm facing up and yours facing down - I don't do this one personally but I noticed people try to do this who think they have dominance over me. Sometimes they do, other times I quickly flip their hand over and crush it.
3)Take up a lot of space. Claim chairs or other objects around you with your elbows or feet. Defend your territory with your eyes and body language
4)Breathe deeply all of the time.
5)When people are watching you, keep a stern, unwavering face. If they continue to look refer to #1
6)Keep the mindset of a hunter, by looking for ways you can use your strength, intelligence, good looks or other alpha-characteristics and/or exploit others lack thereof. I do not try to capitalize on these things but it is a good psych up to know in what ways you have an advantage over others.

In other news, i didn't realize I was such a psychopath until I wrote all this shit down and posted it on a public forum.

1-6 makes you an a-hole IMO... not alpha... it shows how much insecurity is there just for having to think ofall that and then forcefully put it out , like a show..

I know im alpha, but im also very open and by being submissive sometimes your actually being alpha because you are actually in control... but anyway lol

1-6 makes you an a-hole IMO... not alpha... it shows how much insecurity is there just for having to think ofall that and then forcefully put it out , like a show..

I know im alpha, but im also very open and by being submissive sometimes your actually being alpha because you are actually in control... but anyway lol

I think you proved my first point

Those things are naturally occurring traits that both animals and humans display when they are the alpha of their group.

Take it or leave it just advice

Those things are naturally occurring traits that both animals and humans display when they are the alpha of their group.

Take it or leave it just advice

You're an idiot if you honestly believe you can force yourself into being an alpha by using scare tactics.. That's weak minded as fuck, as a true alpha would just brush off these petty strategies as child's play.

You can be in charge without being a loser. People who do items 1-6 are simply losers who are crying for attention. They get it, the bad kind, but that is what losers want. General Patton did not do those things - unless he encountered a loser doing them, then he put that loser in his place by calling his need for attention out in front of everyone else. Basically, that list is a list of what to do if you are have low self esteem so you feel the need to bully others.

EDIT: Also, most killers are not body builders, they are your normal, run of the mill Joe Six Pack. Working out until failure is simply one of the best ways to increase muscle mass, which is why it is done. It is not done 'cause dat be what killers do'...

Last edited:
So, I've been off for a while due to illness, not going back on for a few months, but the thing i notice the most is I don't have the drive like when i was on. I miss the aggression and alpha feeling. Don't get nearly as much done without it.
Anyone feeling the same thing
Man looks into the abyss, there is nothing staring back at him, at that moment man finds his character, and THAT is what keeps him out of the abyss...

Hal Holbrook

Last edited:
Man looks into the abyss, there is nothing staring back at him, at that moment man finds his character, and THAT is what keeps him out of the abyss...

Hal Holbrook

Here's a quote that sums this up & I think you'll like Milton:

"Men have a level of insecurity and vulnerability that's exponentially bigger than you think. With the primal urge to be alpha comes extreme heartbreak. The harder we fight, the harder we fall." - Author unknown.

If you do any of the Y DNA tests at FamilyTreeDNA.com you can then add in a test for the Warrior Gene:

Monoamine Oxidase A (Warrior Gene)

The Warrior Gene is a variant of the gene MAO-A on the X chromosome. Recent studies have linked the Warrior Gene to increased risk-taking and aggressive behavior. Whether in sports, business, or other activities, scientists found that individuals with the Warrior Gene variant were more likely to be combative than those with the normal MAO-A gene. However, human behavior is complex and influenced by many factors, including genetics and our environment. Individuals with the Warrior Gene are not necessarily more aggressive, but according to scientific studies, are more likely to be aggressive than those without the Warrior Gene variant. This test is available for both men and women, however, there is limited research about the Warrior Gene variant amongst females. Additional details about the Warrior Gene genetic variant of MAO-A can be found in Sabol et al, 1998.

Whoa WTF. They have everything now, I wonder what they will roll out with next.

Whoa WTF. They have everything now, I wonder what they will roll out with next.

It's not that they are rolling out with this, they are simply discovering more about the brain. The brain is the most complex organ in the body, yet most mis-understood.

And IMO, it makes sense, monoamines (the big three being serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline) absolutely affect behaviour so if there is a variant in someones genetics in that MAO is lacking or overproduced, you can expect some sort of behavioural difference compared to someone with "normal" levels.

Typically speaking, dopamine = confidence, euphoria, domiance etc (think of a classical stimulant) etc although there is more to it.

They also have this one:

Muscle Performance

A team of researchers, led by scientists at Dartmouth Medical School and Dartmouth College, have identified and tested a gene that dramatically alters both muscle metabolism and performance. The researchers say that this finding could someday lead to treatment of muscle diseases, including helping the elderly who suffer from muscle deterioration and improving muscle performance in endurance athletes.

I went ahead and ordered both the Warrior Gene and the Muscle Performance Gene tests...just curious.

True alpha is not caring what anyone thinks of who you are what you look like or what your doing and being comfortable doing that. People can smell that. Be yourself at all costs and if someone doesnt like it, GOOD, they werent worth your time anyways. Be confident in everything you do in life.

Being 'tough' isnt alpha because theres ALWAYS someone tougher.

They also have this one:

Muscle Performance

A team of researchers, led by scientists at Dartmouth Medical School and Dartmouth College, have identified and tested a gene that dramatically alters both muscle metabolism and performance. The researchers say that this finding could someday lead to treatment of muscle diseases, including helping the elderly who suffer from muscle deterioration and improving muscle performance in endurance athletes.

I went ahead and ordered both the Warrior Gene and the Muscle Performance Gene tests...just curious.

Myostatin Gene?

You're an idiot if you honestly believe you can force yourself into being an alpha by using scare tactics.. That's weak minded as fuck, as a true alpha would just brush off these petty strategies as child's play.

Science says if you display dominance your biochemistry will follow. This is not about insecurity it is about natural free testosterone levels when off cycle. And again... proving my original point. I agree that many of these are childish and ridiculous to engage in, but if someone is so seriously concerned with "maintaining aggression off cycle... then maybe they should act aggressively."

Aggression is not alpha. An alpha should not need to ever show aggression, others should know simply by being around him. If one must show aggression to feel dominant then that person has already failed.

I figured I would give an update about the "Warrior Gene" testing I just received the results of. First a description:

Human behavior is complex and influenced by our genes, our environment, and our circumstances. Popular science and the media have dubbed one of the most provocative and often controversial of genetic variants as the "Warrior Gene." Studies have linked the "Warrior Gene" to increased risk-taking and to retaliatory behavior. Men with the "Warrior Gene" are not necessarily more aggressive, but they are more likely to respond aggressively to perceived conflict.

My Results: Normal Variant

This is most likely why I am often called a peacemaker - I like to broker compromise in most conflicts.

It took some time, but I finally got my "Muscle Performance" results back:

SNP Rs1815739

You can have a CC (also written as RR), CT (also written as RX), or TT (also written as XX) genotype on marker rs1815739. CT (or RX) is the most common form found. The R allele (ie rs1815739(C)) is associated with sprinters, while the X allele (rs1815739(T)) is associated with endurance athletes

Homozygotes being either RR or XX and heterozygotes being RX. XX individuals completely lack the expression of alpha-actinin-3. TT (also written as XX) is under-represented in elite strength athletes, consistent with previous reports indicating that alpha-actinin-3 deficiency appears to impair muscle performance.

People who seem to be able to lift forever without getting tired most likely have the TT (or XX) set of genes. The problem with this is that the release of alpha-actinin-3 also starts the chain reaction which causes the body to know it needs to repair muscle fibers and needs to grow muscles. People with the TT (or XX) genetic set need to work harder for the same gains as someone with CT (or RX) and both need to work harder than someone with CC (or RR) needs to work for the same gains.

I have CC - Two working copies of alpha-actinin-3 in fast-twitch muscle fiber. Many world-class sprinters and some endurance athletes have this genotype. I have the ability to be an elite strength athlete due to genetics. VERY nice info to know!

Last edited:
Back