how to start.. liking injection's? scared? not sure.

nidalee_craig

I'm on TRT and I've done two cycle's in the past, but even after like 400+ injection's, everytime i have to inject my stomach feel's weird, it's a weird feeling, I don't really look forward to injection's and I'm not sure why, everyone on here i read get use to them and start liking them after a while, my problem start's from when i first started injecting and everyone advised injecting slowly, so i started putting the needle in REALLY SLOW, I've tried to speed it up but it feel's like i'm pushing hard but in reality I don't think i'm pushing it in at all, like

piercing the skin is the easy part, that isn't hard at all, it's once the needles in, I'm so use to pushing it in slowly, I started to hit shit because i put it in way too slow (i think)

it literally takes me once i get the needle past the skin, like 10-20 second's to get the needle in 1 inch deep.. it feels like im pushing it but i think i'm still scared of the pain (it hella hurt's when you inject slow and feel it hitting the muscle digging in)

my only theory (most people say it doesn't hurt, youtube videos show people darting the needle in)

is that i put the needle in so slow that it dull's on the way in, so when i actually get it fully in, or before it hit's the muscle, it's a lot duller than when i actually penetrated the skin

because if i'm going slow and i feel it hit the muscle, it makes my body twitch and the needle come's out a bit .. than when you start pushing it back in, it is probably more dull (be in mind the needle never actually leaves my body, it's in the whole time, is it possible for it to dull whyile it's inside me even more?

not too sure though, i think injecting slowly was the biggest mistake of my life, because a few time's i did it slow i hit the muscle and it's a really bad burning pain

any ideas? I think i need to insert the needle much quicker, don't think it should take 15 seconds to get it fully in, but at the back of my mind i just have the thought of how much it hurts digging into the muscle, but i'm convinced it only hurts now because of how long i actually put the needle in

most youtube videos i see of bodybuilder's dart the needle in, and within 1-2 second's it's fully in and their injecting already

sorry for the rant

I do the "slow push" when injecting. I prefer it. I jabbed it in quickly in the beginning and had a few bad pins because I hit something along the way in. With the slow push I can back out and adjust if I feel the needle hitting something inside (like a blood vessel or nerve) that hurts. But definitely try jabbing it in. That is probably how most people do it. Practice on an orange first.

Let me ask, what sites are you using to pin?

Are you letting the alcohol thoroughly dry before injecting?

Have you tried Subq for TRT injections? That is another option if your volume is small enough.

I do the "slow push" when injecting. I prefer it. I jabbed it in quickly in the beginning and had a few bad pins because I hit something along the way in. With the slow push I can back out and adjust if I feel the needle hitting something inside (like a blood vessel or nerve) that hurts. But definitely try jabbing it in. That is probably how most people do it. Practice on an orange first.

Let me ask, what sites are you using to pin?

Are you letting the alcohol thoroughly dry before injecting?

Have you tried Subq for TRT injections? That is another option if your volume is small enough.

I have not tried subq my doctor never brought it up so I didn't even know you could do that, usually I do my glutes, today I tried ventroglute for the first time, also, most of not all my injections leave lumps for a few days afterwords.. it just be that I have bad injection techniques or something, i read if you're not going deep enough it could leave lumps but I feel the needle hit the muscle every injection so that can't be the case.. might just be from injecting slow too, thank you for the suggestion! Will give it a while, also I do let the alcohol swabs dry fully

I have not tried subq my doctor never brought it up so I didn't even know you could do that, usually I do my glutes, today I tried ventroglute for the first time, also, most of not all my injections leave lumps for a few days afterwords.. it just be that I have bad injection techniques or something, i read if you're not going deep enough it could leave lumps but I feel the needle hit the muscle every injection so that can't be the case.. might just be from injecting slow too, thank you for the suggestion! Will give it a while, also I do let the alcohol swabs dry fully

If you are leaving lumps then you are doing subq rather than IM. In the glutes, depending on how fat you are, you need to be about 1-1.5" deep.

Glutes suck. Too much twisting and contorting to pin. VG's are great. You can reach them easily and use two hands. Make sure you are at least one inch deep. I also recommend Quads and Delts. Try those spots as well. Delts are my favorite -- it goes in like butter.

If you are leaving lumps then you are doing subq rather than IM. In the glutes, depending on how fat you are, you need to be about 1-1.5" deep.

Glutes suck. Too much twisting and contorting to pin. VG's are great. You can reach them easily and use two hands. Make sure you are at least one inch deep. I also recommend Quads and Delts. Try those spots as well. Delts are my favorite -- it goes in like butter.

oh i see, if you accidently inject sub-q, is the shot wasted? or no?

i injected fast today, instead of usally taking 20 seconds, jammed it in, in like 3-4 seconds, no pain, didn't even think i hit a muscle, first time in my ventroglute though, couldn't even feel it, when i flexed after i put my finger near where i injected and there is a muscle under there so i must of hit it! no way is the muscle more than one inch deep

i injected fast today, instead of usally taking 20 seconds, jammed it in, in like 3-4 seconds, no pain, didn't even think i hit a muscle, first time in my ventroglute though, couldn't even feel it, when i flexed after i put my finger near where i injected and there is a muscle under there so i must of hit it! no way is the muscle more than one inch deep

Once you get past the skin layer you should not feel anything unless you hit a blood vessel or a nerve. There aren't many of those where we do IM injections.

OMG... well I won't make fun but really man you are making this injection thing to another level that you need not do.

Remember it is a little needle and even if you hit tendons or veins or bone...nothing more then a little pain at best. Even if it is some sort of PIP it goes away in a day or two. In some cases a few days. BUT you can't get hurt.

Now the only thing that begs the question is an infection and really in the grand scheme of things that is not very often. Be sterile and have quality gear and you WILL NOT get an infection.

If you put the needle on the shin and then push slow this will hurt. Find your spot and stab full stroke till the needle stops. As far as it will go in. The easier and slower you stab the more pain / pinch / sting. One full movement in and the same on the way out.

Remember the nurse or the doctor, they don't lean on it, they stab all the way.

Now as far as injecting the oil fast or slow is a preference. I push it in fast. For me the least time my hand is holding the needle in my tissue the less little tears and PIP. Some like and say they feel less pain / sting if the push in slowly. BUT there goes personal preference.

Please stop being paranoid. Simple Simon says keep it simple as well as you fear. Reason it out What could a little needle like we use do any damage. I have use 20G x 1.5" in my glute. A little BITE but no problem and no blood.

Be cool man and good luck :wavey:

Last edited:
lol thanks guys.. was always overthinking it, one bad injection made me not want to push the needle in fast, so i'd always push the needle in slow afraid of the feeling it made when it dug into the muscle, (when you go slow you can actually feel it go into the muscle)

i did an injection first time in my ventroglute last night, no pain right now, and no pain during injection, smoothest injection i did in over 2 years

just gotta push the fucker in faster i guess

good to know! i always thought the hard part was putting the needle into the muscle, putting it into the skin is the easy part for me

I HATE pinning and this is after more than 10yrs with it... and i always go in SLOWWWW, more control IMO. I get used to it after like a year, but i still dont look forward to it nor like it.

I hold it like a dart, only get about 2 inches away from the surface im injecting and jab it, painless most times, unless its an area with scar tissue.

Point as the endless subject of PIP continues....

So after all my years, I have gotten PIP when I think it out, plan, go slow, or don't go slow and both ways and all the methods I use to tackle this task, PIP still can and will happen.

Gotta say that sometimes I load up , reach around to my shoulder , ass, vent or Pec and hesitate. Take a breath huuu! LOL ... just BAMB, there it is, done deal. :dance2:

Getting turned on by thinking about it :evil:

No one likes to stick needles into their body...After how many times you have done it... You should be okay with it by now not ranting.

Check your e2 levels. I normally do a extra blood work when I'm feeling like shedding a tear after a movie I see in theaters.

when you got top notch gear, and shits kicking in hard and your motivated.. I look forward to pinning. sometimes running multiple short esters and pin more then once a day.

add in HGH and multiple peptides on top of the short ester gear, I've pinned upwards of 8 times a day every day.

again, when your motivated and your gear is legit and you know gains are coming , pinning is easy breezy

Back