How to stop needle from slipping?

ballerific

So I just did my first pin a few days ago in my quad, and everything went well besides my leg being a little sore. However, I noticed while I was doing it when I pulled up on the luer to make sure it was in he muscle the needle would slide up and I'm worried I'll accidentally pull it too far up out of the muscle. Then when I thought it was in a good position when I started the injection I had to push pretty hard on the luer and that made the needle slide deeper into my quad. Is there any way to stop the needle from sliding in and out while I'm doing all this?

Hold it at the bottom with your left hand, or vise versa, when aspirating and injecting. That way it wont move.

good luck.

Buy better needles with a luer-locking system. Click on the lion at the top of the page and you're set. (They screw on and won't slip)

Buy better needles with a luer-locking system. Click on the lion at the top of the page and you're set. (They screw on and won't slip)

That's not what I'm talking about, I have luer-locking needles that screw on. I'm talking about when I'm injecting the needle stays connected to the luer fine, but it's the needle itself that goes in and out of my quad when I pull on or put pressure on the luer, but what Fieldsy said sounds like it would work I just didn't want to risk contamination somehow.

That's not what I'm talking about, I have luer-locking needles that screw on. I'm talking about when I'm injecting the needle stays connected to the luer fine, but it's the needle itself that goes in and out of my quad when I pull on or put pressure on the luer, but what Fieldsy said sounds like it would work I just didn't want to risk contamination somehow.

I gave you a solution brother...

Oh haha. The way it was worded I pictured the needle moving off and on the luer part of the syringe itself. I totally agree with Fieldsy's advice then. Practice helps a lot in keeping it steady - helps to keep pip at a minimum too! You won't have any issues with contamination as long as you wash your hands and have wiped the area with an alcohol wipe prior to injection.

Good luck! :)

Back