How's my cardio?

outlawtas

Today was my first time doing cardio in probably 2 years - scary I know. I've also put on about 40lbs since that time, some musle some fat. Anyways, I ran hit the treadmill for 30 minutes, running like this:

2 minutes @ 5.0 mph
3mintues @ 3.0 mph
The last 2 minutes I ran @ 7.5mph, just for a nice sprint.

How bad/good is my cardiovascular system (compared to urs I guess). I was winded, but not overly exhuasted after this. I didn't take my BPM...

Hey its a start, as you feel it becomes too easy, up the intensity or the time spent doing cardio.

I would recommend the bike 1st,it get your legs pumped and although you are only burning 60% compared to running you enable you body to get used to the time required for long durations of cardio.
For people who want to lose alot I recommend doing 3 cardio stations like---
3min bike...3min eliptical...3 min run...& 1 min cooldown.
this 10 min will only seem like 6-7min as everything is changing plus the variety helps a wider variety of muscle tissue.
You could do this 3-4 times a week adding 1 min each week
I do 30 bike,20,eliptical,15 run 3-4 times a week to stay lean in summer.

I think the bike would be easier, but right now I'm doing a cardio "prep" for my cutter. In other words, I have 1.5 months to get my cardio system in check for full cutting mode (30-45 mins cardio 6 days a week). My goal in the next 1.5 months is to gain the ability to do intense cardio sessions as soon as I start my cutting cycle.

Good for you for getting back on the cardio bandwagon. I would think going for 30 minutes after 2 years is pretty damn good.

I love cardio!

Miss Muscle said:
Good for you for getting back on the cardio bandwagon. I would think going for 30 minutes after 2 years is pretty damn good.

I love cardio!

Well I used to speed skate, so my cardio was very well developed...I gotta say it felt good to run again. I didn't quit because I was lazy, but rather because I really wanted to bulk up and many people said to avoid cardio. I now disagree with this theory, 30 minutes once or twice a week isn't going to hurt your size but it's going to keep you healthy - especially if you using AAS. I will not let it slip again.

outlawtas2 said:
Well I used to speed skate, so my cardio was very well developed...I gotta say it felt good to run again. I didn't quit because I was lazy, but rather because I really wanted to bulk up and many people said to avoid cardio. I now disagree with this theory, 30 minutes once or twice a week isn't going to hurt your size but it's going to keep you healthy - especially if you using AAS. I will not let it slip again.
Absolutely.....lots of myths out there. Once or twice a week is fine.....currently I am going 3 times a week.

outlawtas2 said:

I agree cutting cardio for bulk is bullshit!
People get too hung up on size rather than quality muscle and it usually shows!
Outlaws you must have fucking amazing legs if you speedskate!!!
Gatean Boucher in 84 when I was young was the first time I had ever seen legs that big,powerful & muscular!

Back