HRT, bodybuilding and clinics

blueskys06

Good afternoon everyone, apologies in advance for any noobiness I may bring to this thread. I have been lifting for many years now 10+ (currently I'm 28) and I want to start competing. I want to get ready for my first competition in NPC and I'm considering running gear. I'd obviously have to if i'd wanna be a legit competitor. I have a friend who suggested I go to a medical clinc who specializes in HRT (he's 10+ years older than I) and get my bloodwork done and they'd perscribe my gear legally. I called them and asked as many questions i had at the time and have an appt with them next week for bloodwork. My question is, will they prescribe me enough test and gear to help me in my effort for what I'm looking for. I hear mixed things such as: some clinics will give you what your looking for and monitor you to keep you healthy. On the other hand I hear they only prescribe you enough to keep you levels where they need to be.

I'd rather get my gear prescribed but again idk if they'd prescribe me what I need and in the proper dosages. So I guess I just want feed back on what other guys do, and if this is an option I should be considering or should I be looking for gear elsewhere.

Another concern is that they'd prescribe me gear n it would come from a doctor n not some underground lab that i couldn't trust. I'm not that plugged into the industry where I have connects on where I can scoop up gear from a reliable source. Im in the tampa bay area so if anyone could help, feel free to reply or pm me for any advice. Again thanks everyone in advance and sorry for noob stuff.

Lol yea it doesn't work like that bud. Most clinics will prescribe what you need to get your levels to normal. To gain muscle, you need to be at a higher level than normal. A clinic won't put you on a legal cycle.

Depending on your starting point and your natural levels, having T levels >1000 can really transform your body. It may not get you on stage, but you can be the buffest 50 year old you know. At 28 the playing field is a bit more level.

Appreciate the knowledge from everyone.
Here are my current stats.
Age 28
Height: 6ft 4in
Weight 235lbs
Body fat: Havent calculated it in a while...but if i was to eyeball maybe around 10-11%

Get your bloodwork done to see where your levels are at. Ask for the following tests..
CBC
CMP
Cortisol
DHEA
Estradiol (ultra sensitive)
Homocysteine
IGF-1
LH and FSH
Lipid Panel
PSA
SHBG
Testosterone free and Total
Thyroid panel (TSH T3 and T4)

You need a baseline regardless of what you do in the future

With those stats and 10% bodyfat, I'd doubt you'd get TRT from any legit source. If your levels are in 500-1000 range at 235 and 10% you don't need it. Wait 15 years. If you need it later , get it later, but I wouldn't now.

I appreciate all the info. I will make sure I ask questions about all of the things you guys recommended. I will let you guys know what they say. Again the ONLY reason I wanted to go here is bc I just wanted to get prescription test instead of getting it elsewhere bc I don't have any plugs. But I'll let you know

I appreciate all the info. I will make sure I ask questions about all of the things you guys recommended. I will let you guys know what they say. Again the ONLY reason I wanted to go here is bc I just wanted to get prescription test instead of getting it elsewhere bc I don't have any plugs. But I'll let you know

Even with a prescription, it won't be a high enuff dose for big gains. You won't see constant explosive gains on 100-200mgs of test per week.

Back