I can't eat that many times a day

225warmup

Lift or go home!
I'm a waiter so I don't have time to eat all the meals possible. I usually go into work about 3:30 and leave between 10-12 so I miss out on a few meals. What should I do?

P.S. No I can't take a break because of the fast paces environment.

Pre-make all your meals, pack a cooler, and shovel it down.

The biggest part of this game is making it happen...make time. You either want it or you don't.

so waiters dont get breaks???
i thought it was law that one would be allowed a 15 min break and 30 min lunch while there at work???

any ways i would go for a home made MRP shake
some thnig like this

16 oz water or FF milk
1/2 cup aots
4 tbls wheat germ
2 tbls peanut butter
2 tbls honey
i med/large banana (opt)
blend briefly let oats/wheat germ settle
add
casien powder 1 scoop ( i use ON brand)
egg powder 1 scoop
and reblend

that should stay in your system for a while and if you want a hvy duty shake i have one of those for you too.
its more of a wt gainer though.
here it is:
16 oz whole milk
2 raw lrg eggs
1/2 cup egg beaters
2 tbls hvy whipping cream
1 tbls safflower oil
1 tbs wheat germ
1 tbls honey
i med/lrg banana
blend for a brief moment..let the wheat germ settle
then i add
1 scoop ON casien protien powder
1 scoop egg protien powder
taste great and filling...right around 80-90 g pro, approx 77 carbs, and lil over 50 g fat..this is def a wieght gainer..take down all at once or split it up

You have to find the time, no job fails to give a moment here or there when you can eat something. You work in a restaurant filled with food--I find it hard to believe that you can't find a moment to eat something here or there. Tell your boss that you are hypoglycemic and you need to eat something every hour otherwise you run the risk of passing out-its a white lie but it just may give you the time you need to eat.

adidamps2 said:
so waiters dont get breaks???
i thought it was law that one would be allowed a 15 min break and 30 min lunch while there at work???

It's not that I dont get a break its that I still will miss about 2 meals. i leave my house at 3:30 and won't get a break til the rush dies which is usally around 9:30-10. That's 6 hours where I can't eat and I can't sneak food because we have a manager on the expo line sending out food. Sorry if I confused anyone. I just dont have time for those 2 meals to eat them. There is a money situation also so I can't go out and buy all these things to make my own shakes.

Sounds like most of your effort is spent making excuses--get creative and you will find the time and the money.

protein bars and/or shakes if you're that lazy.....eat big before you get there......eat when you use the restroom or between orders.......eat big afterwards

Dude thats no excuse. I'm a waiter and have been for a couple years now and I work at a high volume restaurant. Heres what I do, you should do this too. I make a MRP shake with
1/2 cup cottage cheese = 13g pro
1/2 cup egg beaters = 12g pro
scoop of protein = 20g pro
1/2 cup of milk = 4g pro
plus a banana for some carbs. Thats good for about 50g protein and about 3-400 cals.

I also bring in a protein bar w/ 35g protein good for about 300+ cals.

1 tuna sandwhich: 1 can tuna, 2 bread, 1 lowfat cheese = 45g pro / 400 cals

2 2% Kraft string cheese = 16g pro / 100 cals

And I'll also order a meal there towards the end of the night.
I'll eat all that throughout the course of a night, anywhere from 6 - 10 hr shift.
Being a waiter is the easiet way to get food, it's around you the entire time you're at work!

adidamps2 said:
16 oz water or FF milk
1/2 cup aots
4 tbls wheat germ
2 tbls peanut butter
2 tbls honey
i med/large banana (opt)
blend briefly let oats/wheat germ settle
add
casien powder 1 scoop ( i use ON brand)
egg powder 1 scoop
and reblend
if i see that fuckin shake one more time...

as for eating...its really not that hard.

lets say you eat 5 meals a day.

Breakfast when you wake up, and dinner right before you go to bed are pretty easy. im sure you eat lunch everyday. Thats 3 meals down.

It wouldnt be too hard to squeeze in 1 more meal and and 1 shake in there.

5 isnt the magic number either, you could eat 4.

With the amount of time its taken you to write about your eating problems on here, you could have eaten the extra 2 meals your missing!

Suareezay said:
if i see that fuckin shake one more time...

as for eating...its really not that hard.

lets say you eat 5 meals a day.

Breakfast when you wake up, and dinner right before you go to bed are pretty easy. im sure you eat lunch everyday. Thats 3 meals down.

It wouldnt be too hard to squeeze in 1 more meal and and 1 shake in there.

5 isnt the magic number either, you could eat 4.

i think you meant htis one...lol that one wasa clean shake this is the dirty bulker
here it is:
16 oz whole milk
2 raw lrg eggs
1/2 cup egg beaters
2 tbls hvy whipping cream
1 tbls safflower oil
1 tbs wheat germ
1 tbls honey
i med/lrg banana
blend for a brief moment..let the wheat germ settle
then i add
1 scoop ON casien protien powder
1 scoop egg protien powder
taste great and filling...right around 80-90 g pro, approx 77 carbs, and lil over 50 g fat..this is def a wieght gainer..take down all at once or split it up

Back