I got ultra-ripped on this diet

STUARTF

This is a high protein, low carb diet to maintain muscle mass and lose fat. I vary the meats every day between hake fillet, tuna and chicken (lean white meat – low fat). Sometimes have a steak in the evening. I cut out carbs after 8 pm (carbs cannot be burned off while you are sleeping and will be stored as fat if they are taken before bed).

This is a typical list of things I eat in a day:

06:00 3 ripped fuel tabs
2 teaspoons glutamine powder (10g)
1 multi-vitamin
2 teaspoons creatine with grape juice
06:30 45min Cardio
07:00
07:30
08:00 1 flax seed tab
2 ripped fuel
water (500ml)
08:30
09:00 water (500ml)
09:30 2 egg whites
10:00 2 chicken thighs (marinated, defatted)
10:30 1 serving whey protein shake
11:00 1 egg white
11:30
12:00 1 chicken thigh
1 apple
12:30 Water (250ml)
13:00 1 egg white
Water (250ml)
13:30 1 banana
14:00 Glass skim milk (250ml)
14:30 1 egg white
Water (250ml)
15:00 1 can tuna with 1 teaspoon miracle whip
15:30 Water (250ml)
16:00 1.2 serving whey protein shake with water
1 chicken thigh
16:30 Water
17:00 Water
17:30
18:00
18:30 1 egg white
2 teaspoons creatine with grape juice
1 banana
gym (weight training 1.5h)
19:00
19:30
20:00 1 serving whey protein shake
1 flax seed oil
2 teaspoons glutamine
1 apple/banana
20:30 Water
21:00 2 egg whites

Supplements :
Ripped Fuel: Thermogenic fat loss supplement combining Mau Huong and caffeine. The combination of these two raise your body temp and speed up your metabolism and fat mobilization.

Glutamine: Helps with muscle recovery to prevent overtraining. Prevents muscle deterioration from excessive cardio exercise.

Flax Seed Oil: The body needs some fats to function properly. This gives your body those essential fatty acids to aid in metabolism – increase fat metabolism. It also is an anti-oxidant and removes harmful free radicals.

Creatine: Due to the low carbs, I find that my energy levels sometime get a bit low and that creatine gives me a bit of extra stamina. I only take it when I’m really feeling tired because it leads to water retention.

Water is especially important when following a "high protein" diet, as it helps remove excess nitrogen, urea and ketones. It also helps to metabolise fat and reduce fluid retention.

As you can see I eat a lot of small meals throughout the day. This keeps my metabolism constantly active. I never eat till I’m full and I never eat if I’m not hungry.

On my morning rest days I will have a bowl of all bran flakes or muesli. Provides essential fibre for digestion.

Egg Whites are the best source of protein but they’re a mission to prepare. Usually do batches of 12 (boil water, add pin pricked eggs, wait 11min, pour out boiling water, add cold water, wait 5min, peel)

You should have dropped the grape juice proir to your morning cardio. You are defeating the purpose of an empty stomach by loading your body up with the high glycemic carbs found in the juice. Also, if you are up at 6am you should be getting some protein in your system sooner than 9:30. At least you are getting some glutamine, but your body needs more.

I find if I cut my carbs completely, I get quite lethargic during the day. The carbs I eat/drink (grape juice, apples, bananas) give me some added energy.

"I cut out carbs after 8 pm (carbs cannot be burned off while you are sleeping and will be stored as fat if they are taken before bed)."

I'm not so sure. You're not as active, but if you have room for glycogen in the muscles, your body will store it there, no matter what time it is- your body doesn't know.

This diet looks damn near ketogenic...all fruits for carbs plus a little lactose as your carbs? Odd that you chose fruit as your carb while cutting. Not a whole lot of fats, either...

I agree with pipes and his comments, too-

However, if that is you in your avatar (more than likely), then something is working for you!

TL

My god I would be a wreck on that... not nearly enough calories and I would lose so much muscle

I have to agree about lessing carbs and losing energy, i have started a cut-down High protein diet, and I feel so tired!

also, after weight training, i see u had no post work out shake or drink? Why is that? Am i missing something, no dextrose or gatorade?

HardBody said:
also, after weight training, i see u had no post work out shake or drink? Why is that? Am i missing something, no dextrose or gatorade?

I have a whey protein shake post workout (20:00)

Umm.... I want your job!

There is no way I'd be able to pull off a meal every half hour or every hour at my job.

Back