I hate the Montreal Canadiens.

I skated with Bourne a few years ago at an oldtimers skate,really nice guy.Mike Gartner was the fastest but Tonelli was closer to him than Bourne!!!
So much so I remember cutting this out back in school to show my friend this clip from the Hockey News back in 87..classic:)
As soon as you said Tonellli I had to show you this.

Yeah, Gartner was fast. I still think Bourne over Tonelli in accelaration and stick handling.
There was a guy from the Russian hockey team in 79 that I have to look into. They beat the Canadien team that year if I'm not mistaken. My mind is blank.

Krutov & Malarov were the nest ones back then.The 1975 3-3 tie Russia Habs was the 1st game I can remember but tretiak's best game I seen him play was New Years 80 when he blanked Montreal 5-0..Montreal should have won 7-5 but he was insaine!!

Jesus Christ, I remember exactly where I was and who I was with that game. Not that we fell far from our usual pub.
Another fast one was Yvon (The Roadrunner) Cournoyer.
Helmut Balderis was the player I was talking about on the Russian Team in 79.

I think Calgary has a decent chance to do well, but they always seem to tank in teh last few weeks of the regular season. Seems they are doing it again this year. Vancouver can do well, but luongo has to stand on his head.

I gotta put Detroit in it in the final.. from the east..... new jersey

Calgary is my #2 team but 2nd line is down,too much pressure on Cammi & Iggy are making their hands heavy:(..Kipper has been on & off too??
I Like San Jose & Jersey in the final...but San Jose has burnt me every year!

Stay classy Montreal. I find a little solace in the fact you booed your team louder then you booed our national anthem. Happy 100th. Stonecold...you were at their first game weren't you?

Back