I need advice on AI please!

HiImMike

I'm trying to understand which AI is the best, safest to take. Currently on TRT and will get into a cycle late into the year, so i need to stock up now. What are the differences between them, how do you know when you're dialed in to the right dosage?

Thanks!

Welcome! Arimidex is an artificial inhibitor that is most commonly used during cycles, bloodworks will determin how to dial in on dosage.

You Basically have 2 Aromatase Inhibitors.
Arimidex and Aromasin.

Arimidex has been around for a while, and most TRT Docs still prescribe it.
Personally, I see 2 Problems with it.
1 ~ if you stop taking it suddenly, without reducing the dose over a couple weeks, Estrogen Rebound can occur.
As it only Binds to the Aromatase Enzyme while you are taking it.
2 ~ in Clinical Studies, it Negatively Impacted Cholesterol Values.

Aromasin is the Newer one, and it's a Suicidal Inhibitor.
So it makes a Permanent Bond to the Aromatase Enzyme, so only New Enzyme Activity can occur.
And in Clinical Studies.
It either had No Impact on Cholesterol, or showed a Slight Improvement in Cholesterol..................... JP
P.S.
There's also Letrozole, but I would Never Ever use that for a Cycle.
It can Crash your Estrogen very quickly, which isn't what you want during a Cycle, as you need some Estrogen for Gains.
I would only use it for Gyno.

Huge help jp4355!
Currently on 100mg/weekly. Just had blood work yesterday and should have the results back quickly. What should i be looking out for when dialing in my AI?

FYI - this is for a future cycle. I need to get my trt to where it needs to be and i find the right AI, which im thinking is going to be Aromasin based on my readings. gear = test, eq, winny

Aromasin and adex are common ai's.
The only way to dial in the dose is through bloodwork.

aromasin is the best IMO. it's easier on the lipids and is a lot more forgiving than arimidex. this is because aromasin kills the current e2 in your body and has a shorter half life (about 24hrs) so if you take too much your estradiol will come back faster, whereas arimidex just clogs the aromatase receptors for a few days.

when i run lower doses in the off season, like 200-250, i generally dont need much AI at all, but since i am on longer esters i use a longer lasting AI, because i dont need to control is too aggressively

but when i blast with higher doses of test, i like having quicker control over all of my hormones, so everything i use is short acting, including my AI which would be aromasin.

Why did you get on trt to begin with? are you self medicating or doc prescribed trt? how much test are you pinning and which test? are you pinning any hcg?

Last edited:
Low T...getting my test cyp from the doctor. currently at 100mg per week. not taking anything else atm

I am prescribed 100mg per week and I take that when not blasting. I like .25mg anastrozole for 100 per week. Doc prescribed me .5 but that was too much for me.
.25 anastrozole (arimidex) keeps me in the high normal range for estro.

Good luck bro

I am prescribed 100mg per week and I take that when not blasting. I like .25mg anastrozole for 100 per week. Doc prescribed me .5 but that was too much for me.
.25 anastrozole (arimidex) keeps me in the high normal range for estro.

Good luck bro

how do you know what is too much for you regarding anastrozole?

some number i got the other day:

Estradiol <5.0 pg/mL (7.6-42.6 )
03/01/2018
Testosterone Panel
03/01/2018
Total Testosterone
153 ng/dL (300-800 )
SHBG 28.4 nmol/L (13.3-89.5 )
Free Testosterone
3.12 ng/dL (4.60-22.40 )
Bioavailable Testosterone
73.18 ng/dL (110.00-575.00

Your estrogen is really low, but holy smokes your test is super low.

Are you in the process of starting up TRT?

Signs of too much AI would include achy joints, fatigue, low sex drive and/or ED. The confusing bit is minus the achy joints the symptom are the same as not enough AI. Blood testing plus how you feel at that moment in time are the best way.

Yeah, just started trt. I was at 200mg per 2 weeks, but then my numbers came back as you see above. Now on 100 per week...so we'll see if i dont crash anymore!!!

My estrogen is low, but my nipples are still sore as shit!

Yeah, just started trt. I was at 200mg per 2 weeks, but then my numbers came back as you see above. Now on 100 per week...so we'll see if i dont crash anymore!!!

so are you taking an ai? what dosages? How are you feeling today?

how do you know what is too much for you regarding anastrozole?

some number i got the other day:

Estradiol <5.0 pg/mL (7.6-42.6 )
03/01/2018
Testosterone Panel
03/01/2018
Total Testosterone
153 ng/dL (300-800 )
SHBG 28.4 nmol/L (13.3-89.5 )
Free Testosterone
3.12 ng/dL (4.60-22.40 )
Bioavailable Testosterone
73.18 ng/dL (110.00-575.00

My blood work comes back low or below range on estrogen if I take too much anastrozole. .25mg keeps me high normal.....which I prefer. I retain more water but feel better

Been a week since your last report, how the sides? nipples still sore? got to get those test numbers up my friend.

hey mike, keep us posted on your progress and any side issues!

hey mike, its been two weeks since your last report, hows your trt going? sleeping well? sex life fine?

Sorry for the delayed update!
Nips still sore, but not as bad as before. Im not taking any AI because im still working to normalize my trt treatment before i do anything else. Ill add AI when i start a cycle. My sleep has gotten better, sleeping through the night. Sex life is all good, usually on overdrive. Overall, i like pinning once a week, feels like a more steady flow of test.
Going back to get blood work in 2 weeks, so ill post those numbers then.

Back