I saw a guy at the gym today with a mask on working out

Mr P

Super Moderator
it's called Elevation Training Mask I thought it was weird I mean he looked lean at 160 pounds, but I wouldn't wear this at the gym I guess I'm old fashion lol
this is what I found in google

helps! By condition the lungs and creating pulmonary resistance, your diaphragm is strengthened, surface area and elasticity in the alveoli is increased. Elevation Training Mask will help get your breathing under control and help with lung stamina, increase lung capacity, oxygen efficiency and increase overall mental focus. Training Mask can be used to make you become a better athlete in all sports and daily living.

They seem pretty useless to me unless you're trying to be a long distance athlete. For strength training it seems to be pretty dumb. One of those look at me things I feel like.

I saw a very overweight man wearing one on the treadmill who knows maybe his doctor recommended it. I still wouldn't wear one looks pretty odd

I train at 7300 feet of elevation (used to train at 9300, but I moved down the mountain a little ways)..
Wonder how I'd feel training at sea level.. I do know at sea level I could drink anyone under the table no prob, can't even catch a buzz drinking at sea level

I train at 7300 feet of elevation (used to train at 9300, but I moved down the mountain a little ways)..
Wonder how I'd feel training at sea level.. I do know at sea level I could drink anyone under the table no prob, can't even catch a buzz drinking at sea level

I could drink way more egg whites than you any level you want

See them all the time. Stupid idiots don't realize that they're being forced to rebreathe their own carbon dioxide! Such a scam, yet so many fall for them. I don't even know why they're called ELEVATION masks, as they don't actively change the concentration of oxygen per volume of the air. Just dumb.

And they look fucking retarded too imo. :p

i think like others have said good for building lung endurance! regardless benefit or not i cant get over how insane they look when i see people with them on.... bunch of banes running around the gym talking funny lol... surely wont be adding myself to the Bane club

Kid at my gym wears one, now I know what it's for. Everybody makes fun of him....looks dumb

Back