Sprinting:An Examination of the Purest, Most Powerful “Physique-Shaper”

So basically 2-3 sessions of sprinting is enough cardio for the week right? Because from what i read it helps to recruit more fibers and in turn will burn my calories I may actually have to start doing this now to cut down on some weight lol.....and im going to read the second part tommorow or so i couldnt understand most of it because well I dont have an understanding in biology like it said but a good read none the less might also start doing some sprints with a sled to make me faster cuz i wanna try out for a small college football team.

I agree, sprinting is great. What is a sled??

My sprint workout:

1. Endurance.
light jog warm up + stretches
(a) 8-12 x 25m @ 85% on the minute
rest 2-5minutes
(b) 6 x 30secs jog + 30secs sprint @ 85%
rest 2-5minutes
(c) 8 x 25 @ max effort on the minute
stretches + light jog to cool down.

2. Acceleration
As for 1. except replace (b) with:
(b) 8-12 x 25m @ 85% + 25m @ max + 25m @ 85% + 25m @ max. On the minute to make it hurt a bit towards the end or walk back to start.

3. Speed
As for 1. except replace (b) with:
(b) 8-12 "flying" 50m. ie build up speed over 20m then achieve max effort and maintain for 50m then slow down over last 20 or so metres. Walk or jog back to start.

What is Chris Handy's weight gain secret? He was never that big when he played. He better be careful or he'll be speared by the japanese for scientific research.

Back