Igf-1lr3

JimiThing

IGF-1 LR3

So more and more I have been delving into the world of peptides. I have run several cycles of what I refer to as GH peptide stacks. Stacks that induce GH production; for example Sermorelin and GHRP2 & Mod GRF 1-29 and Ipamorelin. I have been very pleased with the results. I found the stacks to be very comparable to a low dose HGH run except you have got to pin a ton to achieve these results. I also ran TB500 for an injured shoulder and was more than pleased with it. In fact Id say TB500 is an astounding compound and I went from a skeptic to an avid advocate for its use in aiding in injury healing and recovery.

Now lately I have been looking into IGF as my next peptide I want to experiment with. As with all peptides before I run them I did extensive research on the peptide and also corresponded with many who have experience, both good and bad, with it as well. I decided with this one I would share the results of my research as well as my opinions on the peptide and how I personally am going to incorporate it for my own personal use.

First I wanted to look at IGF itself and see exactly what it does, what it would or could do for me. IGF is essentially the foundation for growth in humans. IGF stands for Insulin-Like Growth Factor. It is a peptide, that is it is a series of amino acids connected by covalent bonds. It is also a hormone. Its molecular structure is very similar to Insulin itself. It is at its highest levels during puberty and exerts anabolic effects throughout your entire life. It has a parallel relationship with growth hormone. That is the higher the levels of GH, the higher the levels of IGF. It is largely believe that the anabolic effects of GH itself can be directly attributed to the increase in IGF.

So far as you can see IGF sounds pretty great. Its an anabolic hormone largely responsible for anabolism and muscle growth within the body. More IGF= more muscle is basically what it would seem it comes down to. In theory that is pretty much the case, however in reality just like all things there are some limiting factors to IGF exerting its anabolic effects. IGF levels themselves are regulated by things like blood sugar levels, Insulin levels, Estrogen levels and much more within the body. Also IGF, in order for it to exert its effects, needs to have viable available receptors to bind to within the body. IGF receptors are located throughout the body and concentrated in muscle tissue and also in the gastro intestinal tract as well.

The next issue with IGF is not with true IGF itself but with the IGF we would as bodybuilders purchase and try to use to induce muscle growth. It seems simple, put together this amino acid chain bound with covalent bonds, inject it, and your good to go. Unfortunately that isn’t the reality. Some peptides can’t just be chemically synthesized like that. They need to be recombinantly synthesized, which means they are actually synthesized from a human DNA source. They also need to be properly folded. Folding a peptide is essentially ensuring the peptide assumes its native shape. You see in the process of synthesizing a peptide its actual molecular shape can be changed or altered. Many factors such as heat for example, can alter the original form or shape of the peptide. In order for the peptide to be biologically active in the body its original native shape must be reassumed. So what does that all mean? Well it means if you don’t get IGF that is recombinantly synthesized and properly folded you would essentially be injecting a form of IGF, yes, but that form would be totally useless and inactive within the body. It would be unable to bind to the IGF receptors necessary for it to illicit its effects. Quite often it seems to me this is the case with IGF that is sold, purchased and used by many bodybulders. I personally think that’s why some get and use IGF and say it does absolutely nothing. Because they are getting IGF that has not been properly manufactured to be biologically active in the human body so the reality is they are correct, it isn’t doing anything. I also think this explains the huge variation in IGF pricing throughout the peptide community. In my research looking at the process required to manufacture true biologically active IGF there is no way much of the IGF being sold is manufactured properly to be biologically active within the body. Proper manufacture is an expensive and time consuming procedure. Basically what you have is a bit of a scam based on lying by omission. You see yes much of what is being sold is in fact IGF, and they aren’t lying by calling it IGF, its just that it is useless IGF. With IGF it seems to me you do in fact to a large degree get what you pay for. The bottom line is you have to research and be sure the IGF you are buying is properly manufactured to be biologically active otherwise you are wasting your time and your money no matter how cheap the peptide is being sold for.

So based on the above information it becomes clear to me that you have to do some things to ensure one you do not limit IGFs ability to exert its effects in the body, and two you need to make sure you get true biologically active IGF.

Some things you can do to not limit IGFs effectiveness are eating a clean diet. Blood sugar spikes can have an adverse effect on IGF being able to illicit its effects. While diet is always important it becomes more important when a poor diet can render the compounds you are taking for muscle growth less effective. Also you want to make sure you maintain proper estrogen levels while using IGF. You see estrogen is necessary for IGF not only to be produced in the body, but to be effective in the body as well. This means don’t crush your e2 levels with an AI when using IGF. Now Im not saying let them run rampant, but manage them. You want estrogen to be present when using IGF. Also of note adequate protein intake is required for proper IGF production within the body but again this also applies to its ability to exert its effects when exogenously being induced into the body as well, meaning make sure to get adequate amounts of protein in the diet.

As far as number two you need to do your homework. You need to make sure the IGF you are getting is properly manufactured to biologically active. Do not fall for literary illusions such as as IGF is definitely 100% pure IGF because that may simply be a smoke screen. It is entirely possible for something to be 100% pure IGF, but if it wasn’t properly synthesized and folded it doesn’t matter at all, it wont do anything. For the record RUI is one of the few I have seen flat out say their IGF is recombinantly synthesized and properly folded. This explains to me their price difference when compared to some other IGF sources and now I see that they have even dropped their pricing making their IGF more affordable. The thing is this, it doesn’t matter how cheap the IGF you get is, if it isn’t made right it wont do anything. Its not like under dosed gear where you could simply take more. I use Rui for most of my ancillaries and peptides anyway but when it comes to my IGF run I will definitely be using them as I know it is IGF that will work.

OK so I know what to do and what not to do to make IGF most effective. I know what to look for when buying IGF to make sure it will actually do something. Now its time to put the plan together. IGF-1LR3, which is the IGF I will be using, has a very long active life. It doesn’t need to be site injected. It will spread systemically throughout the body attaching to IGF receptors. For this simple fact I will be injecting it just once a day, sub Q, in my abdomen. Dosing seems to range anywhere from 30-150mcg/day. I am going to settle in at around 100mcg/day. Much like many peptides you need to run this what some would consider long term. I plan on doing a 3 month run and taking it from there. Ill be logging my IGF run here and I am going to be starting it at the end of my AAS cycle. I figure this might be a great time to see if it can assist in gains retention through pct etc and see what it can do on its own, separate from all other compounds. I hope this little write up helped out some people. Its just the research information I picked up and how I formulated my IGF plan. Keep an eye out for my log and more info on IGF and what it actually can or cant do if you use real IGF and use it properly. I am truly hopeful it does what some people say it does. Either way I will let you guys know.

JimiThing

Thanks Jimi. Perfect timing! I was just thinking about trying some GH peptides out. I have never used them before.

Thanks Jimi. Perfect timing! I was just thinking about trying some GH peptides out. I have never used them before.

I like them. My thoughts initially were this. Now a days its so hard to get legit GH, or at lest so damn expensive too, that these were worth trying. There is so much garbage generic chinese gh available that I wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole cause you have no idea what the hell you are injecting and at least with the peptides you know what your putting into your body. Pharma GH costs a small fortune. So much so that it prices itself right out of being viable or practical (at least for me as I dont compete or make a living doing this) as well. The peptides seemed like they were worth a shot and after having used a few combinations of them they definitely are. Essentially they are like running a low dose GH protocol but using more injections to accomplish it.
I did due diligence with the GH stacks just like I did with IGF. Did a lot of research, talked to people with experience, ran a few combinations of stacks myself, and now have a decent grasp of what I think are the best stacks for GH release.
What was interesting with the IGF is that it is very polarizing. Guys either say its total garbage, or they say its great. I really think a lot of that has to do with the fact that there is a ton of IGF out there that isnt manufactured properly and is in fact totally useless when injected. I think the guys that say they like it are the ones that spent the money and got legit IGF. I think the ones that say it does nothing are the guys that were sold garbage. I think they are sold something thats called IGF, and it is, its just has zero bio-availability. They might even think they are getting this great deal but in fact they are getting ripped off.
We are kind if spoiled on this forum. RUI knows their stuff and does all kinds if write ups on products and they sell US made top quality products. Other peptide places on other forums just sell and shill and thats all they care about.
Anyway Im stoked to give the IGF a try and if it does what I think it may be capable of it might become a staple peptide for me. I plan on running the GH stacks for a long time to come on the future. I can see Mod GRF 1-29 and Ipamorelin being something I run indefinitely, just perhaps varying the number of daily pins. For example on cycle biting the bullet and doing the 3 pins/day and off cycle just doing the nightly, single injection. Maybe even vice versa who knows. The options with these peptides are endless. They can augment a cycle or even be used off cycle to help with gains retention and so on. Its my newest area of research and interest and also personal use.

That's solid...i do 100-150mcg/day when i do use it.

OK so my 100mcg/day dose is on point. Very cool. Im looking forward to picking some up and then Im gonna start running it when I start my pct, run it through my pct and then continue posts pct as well.

So i just wanted to be clear, your using 100mcg/day? I hsRd most use between 30-50... Im just wondering because i look at the price and see a bottle will lAst 10 days so ud need 9-10 of them

Also... Ive read that people say to only use for a tops of 50days.... 50on, 50off

Last edited:
So i just wanted to be clear, your using 100mcg/day? I hsRd most use between 30-50... Im just wondering because i look at the price and see a bottle will lAst 10 days so ud need 9-10 of them

Also... Ive read that people say to only use for a tops of 50days.... 50on, 50off

I have red a good bit of variation in dosing but I am thinking of using 100mcg/day. I was also considering a 5day on, 2 off protocol as well. Never heard the 50on/50 off deal. What is the reasoning for that?

I have red a good bit of variation in dosing but I am thinking of using 100mcg/day. I was also considering a 5day on, 2 off protocol as well. Never heard the 50on/50 off deal. What is the reasoning for that?

I believe it's a receptor thing, it's been awhile since I did research but what I remember was 40 days on / 40 off actually.

Separately I've read recommendations in the 20-50mcg/d range (pyramiding up as your cycle goes on) but when I used it I did 100mcg/d as well.

I have also used IGF at 100mcg per day and it was amazing. I too read somewhere that cycles should be 50 days on 50 days off. The reason? I honestly cant remember but thats how I ran in, 50 on 50 off 50 on. Ill see if I cant find the article thats stated this. Cant make any promises ill find it though Jimi. Something tell me it was a side effect thing. Due to the large amount of IGF receptors in the intestines.

Last edited:
I have also used IGF at 100mcg per day and it was amazing. I too read somewhere that cycles should be 50 days on 50 days off. The reason? I honestly cant remember but thats how I ran in, 50 on 50 off 50 on. Ill see if I cant find the article thats stated this. Cant make any promises ill find it though Jimi. Something tell me it was a side effect thing. Due to the large amount of IGF receptors in the intestines.

This makes sense to me, I am going to look into it a bit further to see what I can come up with on this. I certainly do not want a distended abdomen by any freaking means.

I'm currently a few weeks into running Ipamorelin and Mod GRF 1-29 at 100mcg each 3x a day. It's interesting so far. I think I'm starting to see some change in leanness, but also fullness without changing calories, or my TRT protocol. For me it does make me feel like I just woke up almost all the time, still kind of a dreamy state, but clear. Keep some caffeine in the body and I'm ok, or else I drag just a little, but you're very relaxed. Training has been good.

I'm currently a few weeks into running Ipamorelin and Mod GRF 1-29 at 100mcg each 3x a day. It's interesting so far. I think I'm starting to see some change in leanness, but also fullness without changing calories, or my TRT protocol. For me it does make me feel like I just woke up almost all the time, still kind of a dreamy state, but clear. Keep some caffeine in the body and I'm ok, or else I drag just a little, but you're very relaxed. Training has been good.

When I ran my first GH peptide stack I almost had to cut out the mid day injection because I could hardly keep my eyes open. Eventually , after a few weeks, I adjusted and was fine but it was knocking me out. The longer you run this, the more you will notice. At least I did. It really is like a low dose GH protocol.

I have read that it is best to do multiple micro injections directly into the muscle area you wish to be the most affected by the IGF. The cells it comes into contact with, and a few cells next to them, all benefit from the IGF prior to it becoming systemic and then being destroyed by the body (or latching onto the gut - which is only profitable if you have a damaged intestinal lining). The needle will dull as you use it, so most people can only get 3 or 4 sticks from it before it just becomes too painful. A 29/30g 0.5" insulin syringe and needle is what should be used to inject. Concentrate on the muscle you want to grow - and make sure you do both sides of the body. :)

IGF-1 LR3... it would be better for anabolism in an environment where testosterone levels were higher or exogenous steroids were administered, but absent that it can still be of benefit. I would chose a muscle and micro-dose it. I would come back and hit it again same day.

Lets' see 20mcg gives you 50 doses. I think I would do one of two things:

1 - Use 40mcg per day for 25 days straight. The 40mcg would be split into a minimum of 2, maximum of 4 administrations per day. An administration would be one where you inject and tap a tiny bit in, remove the needle over a centimeter or 3 and inject another tap, remove the needle a centimeter or 3 away and do it again. If you can do this 4 times great, but 3 gives you a triangle.
Later in the day I would repeat, focus on the same area but different spots... you should move next to but not into the first triangle area.
Later in the day I would repeat and chose a triangle area next to the other two.
Lastly at the end of the day I would choose a triangle somewhere inside those that I had previously created.
Now that's a lot of injects 3 x 4 = 12 per day x 25 days = 300 injects Sorry...

2 - Two something else... One thing you could do is go 50 days and split the 20mcg into 2 administrations (3 inject triangle). That's easy to do...
Datbtrue

So using number 1, you would split the 40mcg into (4) 10mcg doses. You would then inject 3.3mcg per micro injection (if doing the triangle as most people would) 3 times with each dose (to use up all 10mcg). Do this 4 times a day do get the 40mcg injected. Make sure to move around in the muscle to get as many different cells as you can.

Last edited:
Of course, I have also been researching the difference between LR3 and DES and I found out that LR3 is a superior choice because of the binding affinity of DES:

believe that IGF-1 LR3 is in muscle... I spent a lot of time with it... I determined that in myoblasts the enhanced presence of binding proteins (IGFBPs) would reduce the potency of Des but not LR3.

A couple of passages from one reference point (which is by no means dispositive but supports my determined view)

Novel recombinant fusion protein analogues of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I indicate the relative importance of IGF-binding protein and receptor binding for enhanced biological potency, G. L. Francis, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology (1992) 8, 213-223

We also established previously that reduced binding to IGFBPs enhanced the biological potency of IGF-I analogues by increasing the concentration of free peptide available for binding to cell receptors. In the present report, Long [Arg J-IGF-I was the most potent analogue tested, being sixfold more potent than human IGF-I in stimulating myoblast protein synthesis.

... In determining the effect of these changes in IGF-I structure on biological potency, we consider that the reduced affinity for the type-1 receptor is probably compensated for by the very low binding of Long [Arg3]-IGF-I to the IGFBPs produced by these cells...

On the other hand, des(l-3)IGF-I was less potent than Long [Arg3]-IGF-I in the protein synthesis bioassay, yet the former bound to the type-1 IGF receptor 3.2-fold better than the latter. However, des(l-3)IGF-I binds to the myoblast IGFBPs significantly better than Long [Arg3]-IGF-I. We conclude that the observed biological potency is dependent on the relative affinities of the IGFs for the type-1 receptor and for the IGFBPs secreted by the cells, though the latter appears to be more important in the L6 myoblasts.
http://www.datbtrue.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?14754-Igf-des-or-lr3&p=154030#post154030

So basically, while DES is theoretically far more powerful than LR3, DES also rapidly binds to the wrong receptors and therefor in real life LR3 is 3.2 times more powerful than DES. I removed the first quote I placed because it became useless info that could only confuse.

Last edited:
Back