im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Dave B. said:
So didn't they check the chest film before catheterizing you and attempting a stent? Do they make you pay for the procedure when it turns out to have been a misdiagnosis? Will a bigwig cardiologist be paying higher malpractice insurance rates soon?

Chest x-ray doesn't help. cardiologists go by EKGs, symptoms, experience, etc. when making the decision to send patients to the catch lab. I don't know the percentage but a good number of catheterizations are negative. It's just the nature of the beast. 300 lbs whether fat or muscle is a workload for the heart.

best of luck pb

MPPM said:
Chest x-ray doesn't help. cardiologists go by EKGs, symptoms, experience, etc. when making the decision to send patients to the catch lab. I don't know the percentage but a good number of catheterizations are negative. It's just the nature of the beast. 300 lbs whether fat or muscle is a workload for the heart.

best of luck pb

this is basically what happened. my troponin and cardiac enzymes were way high and climbinbg as the night went on due to the tachycardio bout. the er doc then the cardiologist used that as a basis but the cadiologist had an echogram done as well. he blew it on that one. he also hadnt seen my choleseroll and triglyceride results (obviously). he made an educated guess but was way off base. the cath was the defining test.

other than scaring my family and me spending the weekend in icu all is well. got to play with the nurses all weekend so that was fun. :D

Wow, man, That is very scary....Its life's speeding ticket for sure, it will slow you down...Until you get the Good Fukin' news and its "A" OK !!! Atleast you know in your heart and mind what you would feel like for a brief minute if that was really the truth & then how you would really act, whatever went through your head can now happen (like mail me all you supps & be happy). Which will tell you how you can do some preventative maintainance now that you have a second chance !!! I always wondered what would happen if you came down a little but stayed strong...Maybe we'll find out...I can see the new routine now...

"Guys its 4 sets of 12 feel the pump, now hit biceps again...now hit calves..." LOl

Congrats man !!!!

Back