I'm going to use more BB from now on

Trevdog

In the past, I tried to use the least amount of solvents possible when making homebrews. However, I've decided recently to use at least 10% Benzyl Benzoate (BB) in everything, even if I can get it into solution with much less. Its just a good preventative measure against having sore lumps where I shoot, and it doesn't cost much at all.

About 8 days ago I shot some test enanthate and deca into my right glute. It is still swollen and sore. I had drawn up another shot of the same thing at the same time and was saving it. Before I shot it I drew .1 cc of extra BB into the pin, shook it up, and warmed it a bit before I shot it into the other cheek. Minimal swelling and soreness.

If you don't know, BB helps keep hormones from cystallizing in your body. When that happens, the crystals cause pain.

I've come to the same conclusion as Trevdog. My homebrew enanthate is mildly painfil. No swollen lumps as in the report above, but there is always some lingering soreness for a few days.

I make all my long esters (test enanthate, eq, and deca) with 2.5% BA and 10% BB. Makes filtering a hell of alot easier as well.

kojie said:
i use 20% bb on all my conversions. it also helps to make it thinner.

Same here. It uses more BB than normal, but hell, for as cheap as lemelange has it, and for ease of filtering like Bleach said and less of a lump in general, why not do it.

My enanthate is always painful, i usually only use 2% ba, and can have a maximum of 300mg/ml without it crippling me. I made a bacth last night at 450 mg/ml with 2/20 ba/bb. I plan on trying it next week to compare the pain to my current batch. Ill post results here next week. Seems like a great idea.

NYCEE said:
My enanthate is always painful, i usually only use 2% ba, and can have a maximum of 300mg/ml without it crippling me. I made a bacth last night at 450 mg/ml with 2/20 ba/bb. I plan on trying it next week to compare the pain to my current batch. Ill post results here next week. Seems like a great idea.

just dont put it on the stove and walk off and forget about it. :D

pullinbig said:
just dont put it on the stove and walk off and forget about it. :D

:wallbash: Damn, i thought you all woulda forgot about that by now, guess not. haha. It's already brewed up anyway, and i use water in the pan now to prevent any burning from happening.

:D

cost of powders, 150 bucks
cost of solvents, 50 bucks
cost of filters, 105 bucks
nycee burning his gear, priceless

pullinbig said:
:D

cost of powders, 150 bucks
cost of solvents, 50 bucks
cost of filters, 105 bucks
nycee burning his gear, priceless

HAHAHA!
It was more like
$25 worth of winny
$2 worth of peg
$4 Filter
:flipoffha

Ok, it's 24 hrs later, the pain is definitely worse with the 450mg/ml than the 300mg/ml test ive been using. Im not sure the extra bb made much if a difference at all in the pain department. There is pain, but it is tolerable, where as the 300mg/ml had no pain at all. I have been thinking about the pain, and what trev said here
If you don't know, BB helps keep hormones from cystallizing in your body. When that happens, the crystals cause pain.

I have never seen enanthate crystalize in a vial even in the winter, and i find it hard to believe that it will crystalize in the human body at 98 degrees. After trying it with more bb, i am starting to think that i am just sensitive to test enanthate at high concentration. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

NYCEE said:
Ok, it's 24 hrs later, the pain is definitely worse with the 450mg/ml than the 300mg/ml test ive been using. Im not sure the extra bb made much if a difference at all in the pain department. There is pain, but it is tolerable, where as the 300mg/ml had no pain at all. I have been thinking about the pain, and what trev said here

I have never seen enanthate crystalize in a vial even in the winter, and i find it hard to believe that it will crystalize in the human body at 98 degrees. After trying it with more bb, i am starting to think that i am just sensitive to test enanthate at high concentration. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

enan cant crystaize in your ass. its impossible for the reason you mentioned. same with deca and eq. but they can both cause pain. the hormone is just irritating to soft tissue sometimes. noramlly after a few weeks the pain will subside as your body acclimates. this has been mt experince with high concentrations anyway. thats why i said bb added to those three hoemoes is a waste less you just want to thin it out. thinner oil is better in my book. =0l

the enan 500 i used to run was painful the first few weeks but stopped after that. if 300 dont bother you then go with 300. you can still do 2g/w easily in two shots with 3ml syringe.

I will try the 450mg/ml for a few more shots to see if the pain subsides, if not ill go back to the 300mg/ml i have. Even 250 mg/ml hurts me the first few shots.

I pretty much use 2.5% BA and 14%BB for everything, long or short esters and i have yet to have anything crash.

Mind you im not making 400mg+ concentrations either. Generally 100mg for shorts and 250-300mg for longs.

Back