I'm going to use more BB from now on

detroit said:
I pretty much use 2.5% BA and 14%BB for everything, long or short esters and i have yet to have anything crash.

Mind you im not making 400mg+ concentrations either. Generally 100mg for shorts and 250-300mg for longs.

sometimes cyp will crash at 300 with 2/20. go figure. its no biggy though.

I have almost always had a problem of soreness when injecting homemade, but had always presumed that it was not 100% sterile and that was the problem.. Since no one else seemed to be posting anything related to this topic I didnt bring it up..
My symptoms usually lasts 3 days, and the muscle is very stiff, sometimes red and a burning sensation 8 inches around the injection site and cant be trained for 4/5 days.. (sometimes the muscle cant even be touched with out pain)
My concentrations are high though at around 550 mg/ml Test Enan.. 2%BA, no BB.. Test Dec 500 mg/ml 2%BA..

Just so I am clear, you are saying that adding BB will reduce these effects? Or is my problem something else??

Regards

MM

Mini Me said:
I have almost always had a problem of soreness when injecting homemade, but had always presumed that it was not 100% sterile and that was the problem.. Since no one else seemed to be posting anything related to this topic I didnt bring it up..
My symptoms usually lasts 3 days, and the muscle is very stiff, sometimes red and a burning sensation 8 inches around the injection site and cant be trained for 4/5 days.. (sometimes the muscle cant even be touched with out pain)
My concentrations are high though at around 550 mg/ml Test Enan.. 2%BA, no BB.. Test Dec 500 mg/ml 2%BA..

Just so I am clear, you are saying that adding BB will reduce these effects? Or is my problem something else??

Regards

MM
the high cncentration is whats more than likely bothering you mm. enan@550 is half hormone and half oil basically.

wow enan at 550mg/ml with 2% ba, that must be some seriously thick stuff, must suck to filter that.

pullinbig said:
enan cant crystaize in your ass. its impossible for the reason you mentioned. same with deca and eq. but they can both cause pain. the hormone is just irritating to soft tissue sometimes.

If that is true, then why is it that I get dramatically less swelling and pain when injecting the same or higher concentrations of gear with more BB than I do with less BB?

its physically impossible for those three compounds to crystalize in your flesh unless your dead or in very cold water. :D. i have never noticed a difference when using bb in those.

as far as cyp or any other compound goes it makes sense as their MP is higher than 98.6°f

sometimes the hormone itself causes soft tissue irritation. even if it dont crystalize there will still be a depot of sorts after solvents and oil has dissapated.

Last edited:
NYCEE said:
wow enan at 550mg/ml with 2% ba, that must be some seriously thick stuff, must suck to filter that.

True..

It has to be nice and hot, and you have to inject right away. A couple of times i have asperated, drawn bllod, changed needle tried a different place and then its a real bitch then once its cooled down..

I bought some Test Prop from the Pharmacy the other day and its no problem so maybe I will thin it down next time..

Cheers

MM

pullinbig said:
its physically impossible for those three compounds to crystalize in your flesh unless your dead or in very cold water. :D. i have never noticed a difference when using bb in those.

as far as cyp or any other compound goes it makes sense as their MP is higher than 98.6°f

QUOTE]

It doesn't make sense to me. With a melting point higher than my body's temperature, the substance would seem to have a tendency to turn back into a solid once inside my body.

Trevdog said:
It doesn't make sense to me. With a melting point higher than my body's temperature, the substance would seem to have a tendency to turn back into a solid once inside my body.

Enanthates melting point is 89-96 degrees farenheit
Deca is 86-95 degrees f
and EQ is a liquid at room temp

All have melting points lower than the human bodies temp.

Melting points and crystallization aside, my conclusion remains that I get much less sore and swollen when I inject homebrews with higher percentages of BB (10% or more), so my plan remains the same - I'm going to use more BB from now on.

I see what you're saying, but the same didnt work for me, hell i wish it did, but the highest i can go without any pain is about 350 with enan.

That's just above what I brewed recently. Since I'm not running a shitload of test anyway, I don't have any need to make it any more concentrated.

Bros excuse my search button laziness but maybe you can answer a couple ?'s.... lemelange don't show BA or BB on their site? And secondly what is the differnence between these two and why are they both needed in some "recipes." but not others. Thanks!

Trevdog said:
In the past, I tried to use the least amount of solvents possible when making homebrews. However, I've decided recently to use at least 10% Benzyl Benzoate (BB) in everything, even if I can get it into solution with much less. Its just a good preventative measure against having sore lumps where I shoot, and it doesn't cost much at all.

About 8 days ago I shot some test enanthate and deca into my right glute. It is still swollen and sore. I had drawn up another shot of the same thing at the same time and was saving it. Before I shot it I drew .1 cc of extra BB into the pin, shook it up, and warmed it a bit before I shot it into the other cheek. Minimal swelling and soreness.

If you don't know, BB helps keep hormones from cystallizing in your body. When that happens, the crystals cause pain.

test enan and deca have a lower MP than your body temp. i made both of those for a few years with 0 solvent at 500mg/ml with little to no pain. as you know sometimes shots just hurt n matter what it is. nerve endings or a bad stick just happen sometimes.

T enan, deca and eq i add 2% ba and nothing else. for all others 2/20 works fine. cept NEs.

anyway thats my experince over the long haul.

I have some Tren E that a made a few months ago at 500mg/ml, using 2/20 AND an EO carrier. It has crashed hard. It looks like a dark brown ice cube in the vial. Any ideas on what could have caused that?
I still use it. But it bums me out that I have to heat it up first.

GPAS said:
I have some Tren E that a made a few months ago at 500mg/ml, using 2/20 AND an EO carrier. It has crashed hard. It looks like a dark brown ice cube in the vial. Any ideas on what could have caused that?
I still use it. But it bums me out that I have to heat it up first.

i heat all my gear anyway. is that pain free for the most part? i went 300 on some and it was border line for me.

paulmancan said:
Bros excuse my search button laziness but maybe you can answer a couple ?'s.... lemelange don't show BA or BB on their site? And secondly what is the differnence between these two and why are they both needed in some "recipes." but not others. Thanks!

Damn you is lazy :D

here you go Paul:

http://lemelange.com/oil_liquid_cream_wax_a_-_b.htm

Benzyl Alcohol and Benzyl Benzoate

As for why some require both or none or one or the other, it all depends on the hormone you are converting. Some require different solvents as well as dofferent solvent ratios. Don't overthink it, just follow the recipes. :D

Thanks RJH8541. Please order me 8oz of each also. Thx :p

OK so it is for solvent purposes not sterility/preservation... Also wandering why none of the stickied recipes don't use PEG?

Back