Implants, thoughts from those who have them please!

Ive been through the implant thing 3 times and just seem to be one of those who has problems. I had them done the first time when I was 22. THey were silicone, over the muscle. They looked great. Then 9 yrs later I had a baby and had problems nursing and after the milk finally went away, I had really bad capsular contracture. The Dr then replaced them and the same thing happened. So, then I went to a different Dr and he said that I should go under the muscle to try and prevent the capsular contracture. So I went and had new ones put in under the muscle. The pain wasnt all that bad, it was more of an inconvenience of having to take it easy. I didnt work out for much longer than the DR said because I wanted to make sure and heal. Now, I have a totally different problem but just dont want to have surgery again. Even being under the muscle, I now have ripples. At first it wasnt as noticeable but as my body fat gets lower (its now at 12%)it seems to be more obvious. Im wishing I had had them overfilled a little because Ive heard that it prevents some of the rippling. One thing Ive learned is that once you have implants you cant be guaranteed that you wont need to have future surgery. I went into it the first time thinking it would be a one time deal and it didnt turn out that way. Hope my story is somewhat helpful. I love having implants but I sure do wish I had done more research in the beginning.

One thing that I forgot to mention, if I was just getting implants for the first time, I would definitely go under the muscle. The 2 times I had them done over both capusulated and I did have some minor rippling on the top part of the breast. Now with the implants under the muscle, they are very soft and the rippling is only on the bottom half of the breast which is better if your going to have a problem with that because atleast its not noticeable to anyone other than your husband. I guess it depends how much natural breast tissue you have to cover them.
Also, it hasnt effected my ability to work chest at all. Im lifting more now on the chest press than ever before.

Mrs Puddles,
I think you are right, I never knew there was more than one way to go under the muscle. I saw 3 drs before my last surgery and noone ever mentioned that to me. Sounds like I could have had a lot better result. Wish I had known then what I know now. Chelsea

RE: Breast Aug and Lift

Hey guys... well I have a consult on April 25th. I am a sagging C, small D right now, and hope to go as large as possible. I DO NOT want a full lift with the anchor scar, but have a few worries....

I am interested in a Crescent Lift or Benelli Lift, so that I will not have the vertical line. I have some sagging, but it is not to the point that the full lift is needed (IMO). During a previous consult the doc tried to pursuade me otherwise. I've seen pics of women that were just like me before and had either the Crescent or Benelli done and looked awesome!!

I have seen both under and overs, and read long-term results too. If I opt for over... I am concerned that I will end up needing a lift eventually anyway. I am just concerned about the unders and the way working out would affect. Also if going under, I don't think I could go as large. I am interested in being a DD after words, since I was that size prior to nursing, and was very happy.

PLEASE help! I greatly appreciate any advice given!!

:newbie:

Last edited:
Those photos are so sad, not for me, sure mine are small and droopy, but for me I will just keep using the padded bra, the hubby knows the truth and as we grow old together he's not what he used to be either but the point being I want to grow old with him.

Back