In a dilemma, . . . .

Update:

I had my follow-up with the sleep doctor today. (I was scheduled for the 14th but I asked to be called if they had a cancellation. Well they had a cancellation today the 13th! LOL One day earlier but oh well.) The diagnosis and prognosis was pretty good. I have mild sleep apnea called hypopneas. Also, it only occurs when I sleep on my back. When I sleep on my sides I have no "events". He instructed me to lose some weight and for the time being limit my sleeping positions to the sides. I can accomplish this by sewing a tennis ball on the back of a shirt. The idea is that while I'm sleeping, it would force me to turn over due to the discomfort.

The prognosis is pretty good and feels that if I lost weight, I could eliminate the apnea. However, since my insurance is going to run out in September I asked to get the machine. This way, if I do need the machine after losing weight I won't have to pay out-of-pocket. These machines cost about 1500 bux so I figure it's best to get it just in case while my insurance can cover it. Kind of a "Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it" kinda mentality.

To me this is good news as I was diagnosed with mild obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). I was worried about being diagnosed with central sleep apnea (CSA) which is a whole different ballgame as the brain doesn't send the signal to breathe.

good news then. Now get to losing weight. maybe you should consider going back on the testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) since this will help you lose weight.

Yea i hear ya. I gotta lose some weight again. My diet and exercise plan halted because i went on vacation and had a death in my gitlfriend's family. Now i lost all my motivation and momentum.

Now it's when you gotta take a good look at yourself and see what youre really made of...when life puts you in these type of situations and kicks you in the ass is when you gotta step up and dont let yourself fall..I know , trust me ..it isnt easy but wtf..you wanna get knocked out in the 3rd round,,,get up , fuck it , there is nothing you can do about whatever happened but you do have control of your life...you'll be 100 times more stronger when you refuse to go down in times like this....be strong mentally and physically..you need to be now more than ever..wish you the best..fight back ,dont allow youself to quit..thats not an option ,period.

Last edited:
Back