In my honest opinion BCAA powders are trash.

tury694

Pale Gorilla
1 egg white contains:
4.5g leucine
3g iso leucine
3.5g valine

Given this information why would anyone in their right mind use a bcaa supp? I used to buy them and swear by them, but I never realized how much of this stuff I was getting on a daily basis anyways. Hell in the morning I have 8 egg whites, 2 yellows. Whey protein powders usually have as much bcaa as a bcaa powder. I am in no way saying that bcaa's are not important biologically, but taking a powder to add to your daily count is stupid. We already consume about 25 times the amount of bcaa that one scoop of that crappy powder contains. If you feel that I am wrong please give me a logical reason why this stuff is effective, and I'm pissed because I am sitting on $65.00 worth of this crap.

Not defending the cost, nor do I have any currently - but I know that I can't have eggs every single day. I'd imagine it's mostly about convenience and of course marketing.

But then again, we don't need any supplements if we made sure our diet consisted of enough whole foods that provided all the nutrients needed. Sadly, most of us don't.

My .02c :)

Not defending the cost, nor do I have any currently - but I know that I can't have eggs every single day. I'd imagine it's mostly about convenience and of course marketing.

But then again, we don't need any supplements if we made sure our diet consisted of enough whole foods that provided all the nutrients needed. Sadly, most of us don't.

You get tired of eggs?! I live off those things. Can't remember my last day without any eggs.

I add BCAAs to my meals and I also keep some on hand just in case, lets say, I havent ate for more than 4 hrs for whatever reason. I also think theyre beneficial if one is consuming a whole protein source that DOES NOT contain enough leucine or if one is doing multiple training sessions a day.

You get tired of eggs?! I live off those things. Can't remember my last day without any eggs.

Ask anyone that's gone carb free how long those omelet and every other variation of eggs lasts. If I eat them for two weeks straight, my stomach turns just thinking about them. You're the first person I've ever heard say that they can eat them every day.

But as usual, everyone's different. ;)

Ask anyone that's gone carb free how long those omelet and every other variation of eggs lasts. If I eat them for two weeks straight, my stomach turns just thinking about them. You're the first person I've ever heard say that they can eat them every day.

But as usual, everyone's different. ;)

Im with you on the egg situation. I cycle my eggs, lol. One week one one week off, no word of a lie. I never get sick of them then. Ill use protein powder for breakfast one week and eggs the next week.

Lol I've been preaching this about BCAAs for a very, very long time.

The only time you actually do need them are if your training for a long period of time (endurance style, 2hrs+) or training fasted.
In either case, I'd fix the route of the problem (poor pre-workout nutrition, poor training programme, etc) rather than attempting to make up for it through supplements.

Outside of these very specific situations, the chances of you "needing" BCAAs when your protein intake is adequate is zero.
So well done OP for seeing through the bullshit, many "vets" still fall for this garbage :)

What's up bro! Had to make a new account lost my old profile and email it's been awhile :)

I suppose next your going to tell me the Easter bunny isn't real.

You probably can't eat that many eggs because you are buying cheap eggs. I eat six whole brown cage free eggs a day. There is a big difference in taste and nutritional value between eggs

What's up bro! Had to make a new account lost my old profile and email it's been awhile :)
Seriously?? Awesome to see you again brother! I saw the name, but wasn't sure. :D

You probably can't eat that many eggs because you are buying cheap eggs. I eat six whole brown cage free eggs a day. There is a big difference in taste and nutritional value between eggs

I consume ten to fourteen eggs in a sitting. I've gone through the brown, white, "blue" (supposedly healthier), every size grade, and stuff from the farmer's market.

I LOVE eggs, but as Schredder stated - I have to cycle them lol.

Fourteen eggs in a sitting. Nice, I thought 8-10 was a lot, but I'll step my game up soon. I tried brown eggs before, but fuck that they cost more and one time I ruined my eggs because the second to last one I cracked into the bowl was full of blood, lots of fucking blood.

Fourteen eggs in a sitting. Nice, I thought 8-10 was a lot, but I'll step my game up soon. I tried brown eggs before, but fuck that they cost more and one time I ruined my eggs because the second to last one I cracked into the bowl was full of blood, lots of fucking blood.

Gotta get that protein lol. Yeah, I stopped eating them raw because of a fertilized egg incident. I still downed the bloody bugger thinking how manly it made me, but I kept thinking about it afterwards haha.

the only time bcaas are beneficial is if you have a very long and intense workout and use it intra workout.. thats about it

But not between eggs of different colour, Some places even charge extra for brown ones, even though they are identical inside. Brown hens lay brown eggs, white hens lay white eggs. Only the shell is different. Free-range Vs battery hens is a no-brainer, though. Hell, the free range eggs are almost twice the size!

Last edited:

cosigns

long workouts or for preserving muscle when cutting up. Supps will never replace food and are not supposed too but almost all are useful at times.

Back