In need of advice, Doctor isnt helping, TRT Protocol

Scratchersink

Im 28 years old

I started to have major anxiety issues and doc ordered tests, found my free test was at 249.
I tried clomid ED for a month, gave another month space and retested free test came back at 237.

free test ref range (350-1200) according to LabCorp

Well below range and dealing with severe anxiety, i agreed to injections.
Doctor started me at 50mg per week of testosterone cyp
Talked to my urologist and he instantly bumped me to 100mg a week of test cyp.

I have been running that for 2 months now. The anxiety has subsided tremendously but it is still present.(finally able to drive and work)

I started developing gyno(my thoughts) and saw the doctor today. He said my gland has enlarged because of hormone therapy and he would send me to a ultrasound to make sure. I requested another blood test because i have been on a weekly emotional rollercoaster. the day before, day of, and day after my weekly injection, i have even worst anxiety. Guessing 100mg isnt enough. He sent in for the test of CBC, Free Test, and Vit D. i also asked if i could check my estrogen, he said that wasnt needed. Asked if i could check my SHBG, and thyroids, also said that wasnt necessary.

I have been dealing with this anxiety since February. It turned me into a hypochondriac, and its effecting my life severely. I was a heavy steroid user and last year i did a cycle of teststerone enanthate, 16 weeks at 600mg. last inject was december, ran pct january, first test results of 249ng came in on march 23rd. second test results came in May at 237ng.

The doctor never tested to see why i wasnt producing testosterone (pitutary gland or teste issue). Never checked any other hormone numbers, or thyroid, or LH FSH, estrogen, nothing. I feel like i am more knowledgable then he is.

Im reaching out for all of your opinions. What should i do, i can switch doctors at the end of the month, but who knows if the next doctor will even know what they are doing ether. This anxiety is too much. Its obvious that im developing gyno and need arimidex, but my doctor is ignorant. I will be doing my blood test for FREE TEST, VIT D, and CBC on monday. I have looked into going to TRT Clinics, but upon research, they only check free test and PSA? My insurance pays for everything, my doctor visits, my testosterone, everything, but i am at the point where i am willing to pay for blood tests that i need as well as paying for a TRT clinic if necessary.

Sorry for such a long post but i urn for your opinions, you all are literally my last hope and help of putting me on the correct path of TRT. Thank you

After your 600mg a week cycle for 16 weeks, what did your pct look like? When did you start it and how long did it last? I am just wondering if you may have forgot a step. As for a doctor telling you that a test isn't needed, change the doctor, your doctor should work with you, not against you. I am happy that they bumped you up to 100mg a week trt, because 50 a week is too low a dose to do anything.

Please read this.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/testosterone-replacement-therapy/662394-basic-trt-overview.html

It will show you how to get private blood work so you can check your estradiol levels. You need to get your TRT protocol dialed in. It will also cover what blood work to order.

By the way, what did your Total Testosterone come in at pre-TRT? Your Free T numbers actually look pretty damn good -- unless you are confusing them with Total T.

This post is spot on....

Thank you everyone for your replies. I have been feeling all out of whack lately from the hormonal imbalance. I was wrong on the testosterone, it was TOTAL TESTOSTERONE. I read that forum Megatron posted, thank you for that. I see my urologist this thursday and i am going to literally print the blood test list and request him to test me, since my primary is not helping. I checked out doctor O'Connor but i can only afford roughly 200$ a month if i were to take that route. I am looking into some TRT clinics locally but all the reviews are poor.

I will update you all when i see my urologist and if he doesnt request the blood tests then i am going straight to that independent site and buying my own, so i will be posting those all ASAP.

I have been having random bouts of anxiety i feel like it happens when my next inject is a day away, is that normal for it to drop(emotional rollercoaster). Do you all think 100mg a week is sufficient? Thank you again and i will keep you all posted, i feel better with all your support.

I ran 40/30/20/20 Tamoxifen Citrate, and 100/50/50/50 of Clomid. Also i ran D-Aspartic Acid daily for a month. I had used cycles for the past 8 years and always recovered(i think) but this time a month after i finished PCT, my life crumbled and panic attacks took over my life. The TRT has decreased it alot, but i think maybe estrogen is too high or the dosing is not sufficient yet. Wish my doctor was more supportive, i changed my doctor and will be seeing the new one on the 1st and instead of asking the new doctor, i am going to try to be more demanding and hopefully get on track.

ok so i got my labs back
All CBC with Diff/Plt came back all normal range

Testosterone, Serum: 411 ng/dL (ref: 348-1197)
Vitamin D: 29.2 (ref:30-100)
Prolactin: 9.3 (ref: 4.0-15.2)
LH: <.2 (ref:1.7-8.6)
FSH: <.2 (ref: 1.5-12.4)

I have been on TRT for id say around 2-1/2 to 3 months. 100mg a week, split in to two doses, (Monday/Thursday)
This lab was taken the morning of monday before my 50mg inject.

What do you all think? I have anxiety still, but not as bad as i was before TRT, i was thinking about asking the doctor to bump me to 150mg a week. I started developing gyno on right side that a lump is growing and its hurting, i am willing to do a blood test for it, but im not sure which one i should get from PrivateLabs to check estrogen. My doctor wont do anything about gyno and said its from the flunctuation of hormones. Changing doctor and it will be active on the 1st.

Also i can get Anastrozole and want to take it for the gyno but id rather check my estro levels first, and what does everyone recommend for dosing it? Do you think the anastrozole will raise my testosterone more when it takes away the aromatase??

Thank you everyone!

ok so i got my labs back

I have been on TRT for id say around 2-1/2 to 3 months. 100mg a week, split in to two doses, (Monday/Thursday)

What do you all think? I have anxiety still, but not as bad as i was before TRT, i was thinking about asking the doctor to bump me to 150mg a week. I started developing gyno on right side that a lump is growing and its hurting, i am willing to do a blood test for it, but im not sure which one i should get from PrivateLabs to check estrogen. My doctor wont do anything about gyno and said its from the flunctuation of hormones. Changing doctor and it will be active on the 1st.

Also i can get Anastrozole and want to take it for the gyno but id rather check my estro levels first, and what does everyone recommend for dosing it? Do you think the anastrozole will raise my testosterone more when it takes away the aromatase??

Thank you everyone!
where is your estrogen reading?

ok so i got my labs back

Thank you everyone!

411 is too low. You need a higher dose. Why bother with TRT to be only slightly above Hypogonadal?

Make sure you always check your estradiol and HCT when getting blod work on TRT.

You need to supplement your Vitamin D. I would recommend trying 10,000iu per day.

I told the doctor that if i am to be on TRT for life, i want to cruise at least half way in between the reference ranges.
My doctor told me that my testosterone has risen since my last blood test which was taken before TRT, so she wants me to continue on 100mg a week and see if it rises anymore. I dont know if i dont understand how this works, but how is my testosterone going to rise anymore if im not increasing my synthetic testosterone injections? Is my doctor wrong or am i wrong?
Pre TRT testosterone serum was 237
3 months into 100mg/week treatment it is at 411.

will it continue to go up anymore? no right? unless i increase my injection dose?

And Megatron, i feel helpless with this doctor and want to check my estrogen thru privatelabs, would you recommend regular estrodial check or estrodial sensitive test?

Thank you everyone! i should have my insurance pay you guys instead of this un knowledged doctor

I'm no expert and you're in good hands with the guys on this board for advice, but I'm happy to give you my perspective as a dialed in TRT patient.

Your situation is precisely why i stayed away from GP's, Endo's and Uroligst and went with a HRT clinic (IMT) and i spend less than $200/month fwiw. Sounds like you're knowledgeable enough about what's needed to test, that it may serve you well to go the clinic route. Many are taking insurance or at least helping with insurance these days. No way I'd trust anyone with my hormones that said estro, SHBG, and thyroids "don't matter", and gyno is just do to a fluctuation. Rather leave it to experts who focus solely on HRT. BTW - no mention of HCG? At 28...I'd make that a must with TRT for sure!

I run my labs every couple months just to keep tabs on while i was dialing in, i use the regular estradiol on the "female" panel and can use my previous labs as references (rising or falling) - but Mega is the expert here.

I can say that i'd be Dr. hopping like a mofo until i got a good solution to the gyno problem! All the best of luck and keep us posted.

I told the doctor that if i am to be on TRT for life, i want to cruise at least half way in between the reference ranges.
My doctor told me that my testosterone has risen since my last blood test which was taken before TRT, so she wants me to continue on 100mg a week and see if it rises anymore. I dont know if i dont understand how this works, but how is my testosterone going to rise anymore if im not increasing my synthetic testosterone injections? Is my doctor wrong or am i wrong?
Pre TRT testosterone serum was 237
3 months into 100mg/week treatment it is at 411.

will it continue to go up anymore? no right? unless i increase my injection dose?

And Megatron, i feel helpless with this doctor and want to check my estrogen thru privatelabs, would you recommend regular estrodial check or estrodial sensitive test?

Thank you everyone! i should have my insurance pay you guys instead of this un knowledged doctor

The gentlemen here will continue to sort you out, keep us posted!

Back