Injectable Carnosine

DocJ

Poliquin raves about the results he gets with his athletes. Anyone have ideas about how one would put it into an injectable? I believe his formula also contains vitamin C but let's just focus on the carnosine first.

Last edited:
Im glad you brought this up Doc, I been planning on doing some sort of antioxidant transdermal in the near future mainly focusing on idebonone.

First off, does Poliquin use a injectable variant of l-carnosine or just orals?

I'm fairly certain it's an injectable, let me doublecheck the article just to make sure. I really want to take advantage of the anti-glycation properties it has.

"With the carnosine we do site specific IM injections into the muscle group that the athlete is about to train." -Poliquin; interview in Body of Science Winter 2005.

Vitamin C's main benefit (in IM megadoses) from what I can gather is the fact that it basically forms hydrogen peroxide in the body...Ive read amazing literature on the subject and a lot of it is damn impressive. Although to get the REAL life-saving benefits of vitC you need to drip it IV, IM depots wont cut it.

So anyways if it can be found in powder crystaline form, you bet we can put in into sterile solution. Its just a matter of if its water/alcohol/fat soluble. Next is pick your carrier and go nuts.

Doc J, any ideas on IM dosing and availible concentrations?

Poliquin doesn't really go into details on dosing. It's just a di-peptide so it can't be that tough to make into an inj. I think I need to do some reading and report back...anyone who wants to lend a hand on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Perfection Awaits said:
what does it do for you?

good thread
You can basically think of it as a intramuscular buffer. Also, my mention of glycation refers to the idea that it's sugars deposited into muscle tissue that lead to many of the degeneration processes that happen with aging. Carnosine has been shown to stop/slow down the glycation process. In theory you could use it to keep a high degree of functioning well into old age. Imagine still being able to use 315 on sets for bench when you're 70.

DougoeFre5h said:
Although to get the REAL life-saving benefits of vitC you need to drip it IV, IM depots wont cut it.
Not a bad idea. Right now, I wake up every few hours during the night to drink water and piss water. And when I drink water in the night without eating food, my stomach hurts a little while later.

I'm always thirsty. Can't stand it if I had a few beers the night before.

I'm thinking the IV might keep my hydrated during the night. I would also put some protein in the IV drip to keep a positive nitrogen balance.

To top it off, maybe I'll add just some no-ester testosterone!

Good stuff.

DougoeFre5h said:
So anyways if it can be found in powder crystaline form, you bet we can put in into sterile solution. Its just a matter of if its water/alcohol/fat soluble. Next is pick your carrier and go nuts.

It can be found at beyond a century.

Is this poliquin deal on carnosine available online anywhere? This sounds pretty interesting, as does the vitC forming hyd. peroxide in the body.

Ok, been reading up on some of this...it looks like sodium ascorbate is used and possibly a buffering agent like calcium carbonate in the vitamin c drip, and it looks like the benefit is that the vitamin c, if you get it in the body in high enough doses (something like 50-100 grams/day), releases hydrogen peroxide, which in turn fights cancer/tumors/etc.

Pretty interesting stuff, I also went off on a tangent looking into hydrogen peroxide, and I seem to get some conflicting advice with respect to taking it. In the one article about the vit c iv drip, it states that you would never want to take hydrogen peroxide in an iv or something like that, and that it could damage the kidneys, etc. And in other articles, I am reading where doctors are giving it to people via iv drips, etc. And some are ingesting it mixed with distilled water, etc. These people taking the hyd. peroxide this way seem to get wonderful results, etc., so I am wondering what the problem is, or is there really one?

But I've never really thought about ingesting hydrogen peroxide, so I am not sure. Anybody have any experiences? It seems pretty damn interesting to say the least.

Check out this one dude, not sure if it's true or not (if anything on the web is true), but interesting read nonetheless:

http://www.landrights.com/Hydrogen_Peroxide.htm

And there is also another link there where he claims to have gotten prostate cancer (he's like 80 years old or something) and beaten it with hydrogen peroxide.

Interesting to say the least.

Damn, yea very interesting. More direct than the vitC route I suppose.

Just as an aside, this is why I dont take vitamin C shortly before or after i train. I guess it can really hinder things if taken too close to your workout. I used to take 3g right after my workouts but no longer do. Its really a 1% type of thing, where 99% of shit is lift heavy, eat, sleep, etc. But still, the more I find out about all this the deeper the hole of "unknown" shit gets.

DougoeFre5h said:
Im glad you brought this up Doc, I been planning on doing some sort of antioxidant transdermal in the near future mainly focusing on idebonone.
I'm assuming you know about animal's "anything lotion?" You could probably just add other anti-ox to it and voila.

Dammit...does someone have a Merk Index? I can't find mine for some strange reason since it's like 6" thick. I need the profile on carnosine from it.

DougoeFre5h said:
Just as an aside, this is why I dont take vitamin C shortly before or after i train. I guess it can really hinder things if taken too close to your workout. I used to take 3g right after my workouts but no longer do. Its really a 1% type of thing, where 99% of shit is lift heavy, eat, sleep, etc. But still, the more I find out about all this the deeper the hole of "unknown" shit gets.

Why don't you take vit c close to working out? I missed that part. What exactly does it hinder, and why?

And isn't poliquin advocating injecting into the muscle either the carnosine or vitamin c immediately before working out? Why would you think it's not a good idea, or is it digestion related?

Btw, is he advocating spot injects for every muscle? Like lat injects, pec injects, bicep injects? And yet he thinks steroids are bad? Damn, that guy's got some interesting rationalizing going on in his head. Or maybe that's just for public consumption that he's anti steroid.

Ok, I just crushed up some flintstone vitamins, bam bams of course since they are more anabolic, anyways, I'm just now starting my iv drip of it after putting it in some saline solution and filtering it through my whatman filter. I figure those flintstone's have some vitamin c in them. I'll let you know how it works out. (the above paragraph is a joke for those of you who either, a. haven't gone into the convo lounge and seen me post, or b. have gone into the convo lounge but were so afraid that you never came back and therefore haven't seen my other posts)

TxLonghorn said:
Why don't you take vit c close to working out? I missed that part. What exactly does it hinder, and why?

And isn't poliquin advocating injecting into the muscle either the carnosine or vitamin c immediately before working out? Why would you think it's not a good idea, or is it digestion related?
You know its one of those things I read, looked up a few times and now just dont do because I know not to. I dont really remember exactly why. It was all this-so-that-must-be-so-dont type theory anyways its not going to shrivle anybody up.

Back