Insulin help?

MrWest

I'm thinking about throwing insulin into my next cycle in a few months, but I don't think I know anywhere near enough about it to start using it yet.
Does anyone have any good links to read up on it?

I understand:
-keep simple sugars around(like coke/gatorade) in case you start going hypo
-Start with 1ui pwo and work your way up to where you feel comfortable.
-A 2:1:0 carb/prot/fat per ui is recommended
-do not inject 4 hours before sleep
-have simple carbs within 5-15 minutes after injection then a high protein/medium carb meal 1 hour after.

But,
1. What carb is most beneficial immediately after injection?(dextrose, waxy maize, maltodextrin, ect..)

2. Should the protein also be fast absorbing? Such as hydolyzed/isolate, or do only the carbs matter and you could use something like concentrate?

3. Does more food=more muscle in terms of food intake during the 4 hour time peroid? ex: instead of 10g of carbs and 5 g of protein per ui, you did 20 carbs and 15g of protein per ui. Or would that just make you fat?

4. Other than post workout, when is the other most beneficial time to use humalog? Upon waking?

5. I read that this can turn you into a diabetic. How does that happen? And how do you avoid it?

Just trying to learn as much as I can before I touch it:eyepoke:

Im just gonna hope you dont turn into a diabetic.

Serioulsy...why do this? What level of body biulding are you at? Id like some stats

Im just gonna hope you dont turn into a diabetic.
I'm willing to take that risk.
I know it can turn you in one, but I read that it really isn't something to worry about as long as you take the necessary precautions. I'm just trying to figure out what they are.

I don't plan to abuse it, and most likely won't go over 10ui pwo; I just want to see what I can gain from it 4weeks on/3weeks off during my bulk.
As for the level I'm at, I'm at a stage where I want to take it to the next level.

Do you even know anything about it or are you just trolling with off topic questions?

hahaha hes lookin to give you some fuckin advice if you would tell him your fuckin stats.

Trollin, hes knows what the fuck he is talkin about.

And if you dont know your fuckin height weight age and body fat percentage i can guarantee your not on no stage "trying to take it to the next level"

hahaha hes lookin to give you some fuckin advice if you would tell him your fuckin stats.

Trollin, hes knows what the fuck he is talkin about.

And if you dont know your fuckin height weight age and body fat percentage i can guarantee your not on no stage "trying to take it to the next level"

I hate posting question on this forum for this very reason.
I always see people asking questions in threads just to get answered with more questions from others, instead of what they asked.
If you don't want to answer directly, going to flame, or not give advice don't even reply, all you're doing is wasting everyone's time.
I swear if I started a thread asking "Will a bowl of cereal every morning make me fat?" I would get answers like "Depends.. What are your stats, and do you compete?":finger:

Last edited:
He doesn't want to post stats because he is like 17 and has issues with gyno.

I have just started insulin. I started it because I actually have diabetes and decided it was the best option to treat my disease.

I took it one morning, then took a hot bath. Went yardsaling with my wife and my blood sugar tanked. It fucking scares me to remember because it was so powerful. If my wife didn't know what was going on I could have gotten in trouble. This isn't the same thing as not eating anything and feeling light headed, this is sluring your speach, feeling an extreme brain fog that feels terrible, and it takes almost an hour to feel normal.

In that time I also got into an argument with my wife over something stupid.

Your questions also don't make any sense, and your statements acting like you know what you are talking about are incorrect, so its really hard to answer your questions. You will probably get banned, and if you can't help getting banned for being an idiot, maybe you should take that as an indicator that you are not mature enough to use insulin.

You are going to do what you do, just try not to die from it.

Make sure you do your homework.
Insulin can be deadly, and if you go extremely hypo you might not be able to help yourself and you're fucked.

Haven't used insulin in 3 years, but 10g of simple carbs per iu of slin...I believe this is standard.
Get the fast acting slin.
Always carry glucose tabs.
Wear a watch with a timer on it.
Get a glucometer.
Get tested for diabetes and such before hand.

Good luck man, I don't believe insulin is that awesome. And a good pancreas should produce enough insulin for the amout of carbs necessary to replenish glycogen levels.

I always see people asking questions in threads just to get answered with more questions from others, instead of what they asked.
If you don't want to answer directly, going to flame, or not give advice don't even reply, all you're doing is wasting everyone's time.
I swear if I started a thread asking "Will a bowl of cereal every morning make me fat?" I would get answers like "Depends.. What are your stats, and do you compete?":finger:

I mean im sure he was askin your stats to see if it was nessecary and maybe he would of given you an alternitive route dumb fck.

nobody should give advice with out knowing your stats....and I believe your not telling us your stats because you know they are not good enough to be starting insulin. Did you see what the guy that had diabetes said??? that shit can happen to you...diabetic commas are not fun. And listen to pitbull....he has experience...and if he doesnt think its worth it then why not go with the general concensus???

Your really being ignorant here and that is the worst thing to be while trying to run one of the most difficult and dangerous compounds out there...Unless you are competing at an olympian level and have physicians working with you and your making some big money....then you dont need insulin

You are absolutely most definitely not ready for insulin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back