Is DC training for gear users only (or genetic freaks)?

B

B.Reel

I want to start a DC style training (MWF alternating workouts/excercises) where I will be working each muscle basically twice a week. I know it is only 1 rest-pause set per muscle (with x-stretching) but i have average recovery and dont wanna overtrainin.
I also know that there is a lot more to the DC system, but are the workout too much for the average BBer (if done right)?

Frequency is the variable you want to tweak with DC. If yo have shitty genetics and recovery ability off, than you have shitty recovery when on. Maybe a little less so, but shit everyone is different.

Find what works. Some can do 4 day splits with DC, rest pausing everything. Some cant even manage a 2 day split with straight sets. Lots of tweakability.

DC training is for advanced BBers who have exhausted other methods to gain mass.

You need to have access to lots of equipment (no basement or garage gym)

You need to do loads of research

You need to have your diet it check

Build a solid base BEFORE to attempt DC.

I did it for a while and decided I am not far advanced enough to make it worth my while. You need to already be able to lift some heavy ass weight. On the other hand if you want to do it and you are worried about your recovery then rest pausing is not the way to go. You should start out with straight sets anyway and see how it works for you. If you overtrain with straight sets then you definitely don't need to be rest pausing yet.

LiftTillIDie said:
What does being able to lift a lot of weight have to do with training dc?
Because of the way it's set up. For say squats I didn't feel I was strong enough to benefit from such low volume. If you are only doing 2 sets of squats a week then they better be good. For me a 20 rep squat is like 135lbs. Also the fact that from reading Dante's articles the program is designed for people who have a great knowledge of how their body reacts to certain things, and have exhausted all other means of gaining muscle. He actually recommends WSB first which is one reason I decided to look into it. I feel it would be better suited for someone with a good base that is at a sticking point rather than someone at an intermediate level. Plus I have taken almost the last year off from lifting......well before a couple months ago anyway.

What you need more anything is the mental attitude!!!

The ability to get that extra intensity out of yourself.

Easto said:
DC training is for advanced BBers who have exhausted other methods to gain mass.

You need to have access to lots of equipment (no basement or garage gym)

You need to do loads of research

You need to have your diet it check

Build a solid base BEFORE to attempt DC.
very wise words

Back