Is eating the same thing 4 times/day everyday okay?

bigmanoncampus1

Hello,

I am doing Kris Gethin's Muscle-Building Trainer and am following the calorie counter nutrition guide. I have never dieted by counting my macros, I have always just been a eat everything kind of guy and try to eat as much protein as possible. I decided to try to stick to a diet for the first time but meal prep started to become hard to eat so I have decided to blend everything and eat the same thing. Is this meal plan I have okay? I am worried about blending everything being bad for you as well as only eating 5 times a day (1 meal is protein shake)

P.S. Shakes are pretty easy to take down and do not taste bad. I don't have a problem drinking this stuff like compared to a meal prep diet.

My total macros include...

Training Day
Protein = 235g
Carbs = 392g
Fats = 70g

My diet on these days includes eating/blending (6 egg whites, 2 whole eggs, 3/4 cup of oats, 1 cup strawberries/fruit, 1 cup Simply Orange) x4 times a day as well as a protein shake after working out.

Non-Training Day
Protein = 314g
Carbs = 235g
Fats = 105g

My diet on these days includes eating/blending (4 egg whites, 4 whole eggs, 1 scoop Protein, 1 cup strawberries/fruit, 1 cup Simply Orange) x4 times a day.

View attachment 564492
bodybuilding.com/fun/kris-gethins-12-week-muscle-building-trainer.html

Last edited by a moderator:
So you just want to drink 4 smoothies a day and add in one protein shake? Eating food would be better. I think it fills you up and satiates you more. Meat is a good choice.

Let me ask you this too. Are you bulking or cutting? I think that makes a difference. When cutting I really don't want to think about food. I find that I eat things that are simple and easy. I don't want to spend time in the kitchen around food and getting hungry. It is easier to just eat a yogurt or open a can of tuna.

When bulking, being hungry is good. Having variety in your diet helps you eat more in my opinion . So spend time in the kitchen making meals and getting hungry. Let yourself think about food and enjoy food.

Last edited:
Eating actual food satisfies you a lot more. I'd get very irritated with blended meals all the time. Gotta enjoy even just a little bit during a diet. Shakes for me are for convient meals and to help me achieve specific macro goals. Depending on cut, bulk recomp etc etc

Def 3j question though

I think you must have left out a scoop of protein for each of your workout day smoothies- otherwise your 100gr short on protein for the day.

5 servings is way too much protein powder. If you look at 3J's advice, whey protein is for post workout only. Casein can be used before bed. You're much better off getting your protein from whole foods.

No problem only eating 5x/day imo. Also no problem eating the same thing day in, day out. As long as it's something you can stick with.

I don't see your stated macros adding up to 314 gr protein on your off days. Can you list them?

Last edited:
So you just want to drink 4 smoothies a day and add in one protein shake? Eating food would be better. I think it fills you up and satiates you more. Meat is a good choice.

Let me ask you this too. Are you bulking or cutting? I think that makes a difference. When cutting I really don't want to think about food. I find that I eat things that are simple and easy. I don't want to spend time in the kitchen around food and getting hungry. It is easier to just eat a yogurt or open a can of tuna.

When bulking, being hungry is good. Having variety in your diet helps you eat more in my opinion . So spend time in the kitchen making meals and getting hungry. Let yourself think about food and enjoy food.

I am trying to bulk up

I think you must have left out a scoop of protein for each of your workout day smoothies- otherwise your 100gr short on protein for the day.

5 servings is way too much protein powder. If you look at 3J's advice, whey protein is for post workout only. Casein can be used before bed. You're much better off getting your protein from whole foods.

No problem only eating 5x/day imo. Also no problem eating the same thing day in, day out. As long as it's something you can stick with.

I don't see your stated macros adding up to 314 gr protein on your off days. Can you list them?

Sure, its on the PDF but its 67.6g of protein times 4 plus a protein shake containing 50 g of protein.

(4 egg whites, 4 whole eggs, 1 scoop Protein, 1 cup strawberries/fruit, 1 cup Simply Orange) = 67.9 g of protein

I also cook the eggs by hard boiling them

if you were to say "hey im blending chicken breast with potatoes or rice" and eating it 4 times a day, my only advice would be to take digestive enzymes with each blended meal..

if youre using whey in each blended meal then you realistically are not eating whole foods

if you were to say "hey im blending chicken breast with potatoes or rice" and eating it 4 times a day, my only advice would be to take digestive enzymes with each blended meal..

if youre using whey in each blended meal then you realistically are not eating whole foods

This. It is important to actually eat for your stomach to properly absorb all of the nutrients. If you are in a situation where you cannot actually eat the whole foods then taking the digestive enzyme is a great call

Back