IS HCG on trt...really necessary?

KM2016

hello everyone, I'm in trt for 5 years, (after years of cycle aas), I used hcg only the periods I wanted to make children, in fact allowed me to have 2 children, now I do not want more children, according to you it makes sense to integrate to the trt of 150 T other hcg like 500iu for week for the future?
I'm 38, and I'm about 2 years old that I do not take hcg and only T, I feel very good and with a very low dosage of arimidex I have optimized my e2 to about 25-30. If I take other hcg is just to have bigger testicles and I do not see other advantages .... I read that there are also mood improvements as well as brain benefits, and lh-fsh are implicated in other hormonal production (dhea, Pregnenolone), what do you think?

Last edited:
I think you have already answered your own question. It sounds like you do not need it. However, there are some benefits to your general mood and sense of well being. I did Not take HCG for the first 2 years of TRT. I now take 500 IU 2x per week. I personally feel much better with HCG. My E2 has stayed about the same with and without HCG.

Try it and see how you feel. Do your labs and adjust from there.

thankyou Slhardee..If I thake T and AI every 3.5 days when it's a good moment for hcg?
500ui for week (250 every 3.5 days) it's good or it's better 1.000 for week (500ui every 3.5)?

Last edited:
If you are over 40, 500 IU 2x per week is recommended. 250IU 2x per week is what most guys under 40 take. Since you are 38, I would start at 250IU and see how you feel. I take my HCG the day before my T shot.

hello to all guys, I did the full blood test today, after about two months of low dose hcg (500 x week in 2 dosages, one every 3.5 days), leaving everything unchanged as dosage (testosterone 150 x week every 3.5 days, arimidex 0.125 every 3.5 days).
I took the test the day I had to take the testosterone, arimidex and hcg (before restarting the drugs of course), compared to before taking hcg testosterone increased to 1,500 from about 1,100, hematocrit and remained unchanged ( About 50), but the absurd and strange thing is that my estradiol has risen from 29 to 91pg / ml.
Is it possible to have such a large effect on estradiol from a very low dose of hcg?
the only difference between the two tests is the laboratory analysis, the first with a value of 29 of estradiol is a private laboratory while the second is the large laboratory of the hospital

There's definitely a possibility that the HCG can raise your estrogen level. There's no set amount it will raise it as each man has a different reaction to it. For me, HCG raised my estrogen substantially. I can't remember how much because I haven't taken in years.

I would run another test at the private lab just to be sure part of the increase isn't due to the lab.

hi guys, I repeated today at the private laboratory the test for estradiol and the value is 28, under the same conditions of intake testosterone - arimidex - hcg.
How is it possible that a laboratory (that of the hospital) gives me 90 and the other laboratory (private) 28? which one do I consider the most reliable value?
Actually I feel a little less sex drive and wood in the morning with hcg than before with just testosterone and arimidex

no one can answer? can anyone tell me if these variations of e2 are normal or which test should I take as correct and which do not?

no one can answer? can anyone tell me if these variations of e2 are normal or which test should I take as correct and which do not?

If neither of the estrogen tests was the LC/MS version, also called Sensitive, then you can't put too much faith in them. If you don't have high estrogen symptoms like bloating, high blood pressure, gyno, losing an erection while in the act, or crying during TV or movies then I think you can discard the 90 reading.

Labcorp through Private MD labs has an LC/MS testosterone and Senstitive estradiol test available for about a hundred bucks.

There are other effects it has besides keeping testicles plumped up. I've never drilled down into all the places HCG could possibly attach to and exactly how far its effects go, but I've seen the "creditable", experienced members mention lots of other effects from things like Dread Pirate Robert's mention to thyroid effects.

From personal experience on>off>on and again this last week>off I feel better on. The off period before was a month basically. I feel better in general. Almost across the board. I eat more, I sleep better, work harder, and shit just slides off my shoulders easier.

BUT I have noticed a difference is my nipples when I have went off. I get a very slight tingling in my nipples on. Fades when off. Labs coming soon.

About 9-12 hours post injection I will feel an increased libido. Nothing major. About 24 hours after that I'll have nipple sensations. This is before my 3.5 day split on test.

After HCG, before test, but while I have nipple sensations my erections are solid steel pipes. There is other things in motion. My highest libido days are about 24-36 hours after a test injection. More and higher libido but erections are softer. Not soft but not peak conditioning

thanks to all of you for the answers, so you're better off if you take hcg Mycelium right?
I feel a sense of well-being, calm and greater patience, but I do not know if it is a placebo effect or not .....
Probably I continue hcg (250 + 250 x week), I feel better and with more wellness when I take it, combined with 125mg of testosterone (in 2 doses a week), taking the value of e2 of 28 for good, I want to try to stop taking the very low dose of arimidex (0.25 mg per week, in two doses, 0.125 mg per dose) and see if e2 remains around 30. I want to try and stop arimidex, is there any of you taking 125mg of text to week and 500 of gonasi without AI? How much do you have of e2?

I feel better. Very experienced members have posted about other beneficial effects and my provider IMT has posted about other benefits past plump testicles.

The actual HCG or the biological efficiency/acceptability of natural testosterone and production I dont know.

guys i'm not really convinced about hcg and i'm thinking about which is the best trt for my future. I want to decide between the following two weekly therapy alternatives:
125 T, very small dose of arimidex (0.25 mg x week) and in the future try to remove arimidex to see if e2 remains below 40, no hcg;
125 T 500 hcg, very small dose of arimidex (0.25mg per week), which would be the therapy followed before the last analysis. this probably makes my e2 higher.

The problem is that hcg probably makes my e2 higher and since I do not want to increase arimidex, but rather I would like to remove it, perhaps 125 T monotherapy makes me e2 lower.
what are the benefits published?

With patience and labs you can work to a test dose that won't require an AI. Megatron talks about it in a sticky thread. Something like 100mg wk was ok but 115mg caused a surge in estrogen.

I took 100 Test E plus 500 HCG for a multi month cruise with no AI, and it put my test level at 670 ish and E2 at low 40's.

Without the HCG I'm sure E2 would have been right on, somewhere in the 20's.

But, I'm a huge fan of HCG. I'd rather take a small dose of AI than skip the HCG. Testosterone isn't the only thing your balls produce, and I think I get adrenal fatigue if I don't do it. I feel a lot better and the equipment works a lot better on HCG.

This time around I'm cruising on 200 Test E plus 1,000 HCG per week plus 0.1 mg adex/day. That should put my test level a bit over 1,400 on morning of next shot. Don't know on E2 yet, will find out in a few weeks. My problem is I keep fucking around with 1ml Test Prop and 1ml Mast prop a day before I'm going to get laid, so I need to knock that off for a couple weeks before I get blood tested to let my test and estrogen settle down.

If you do decide to go without HCG get yourself some pregnenalone and DHEA capsules, they are dirt cheap and will supplement the steroid at the bottom of the steroid tree, just above cholesterol. If you are on TRT and not taking HCG you can find yourself low on pregnenalone and progesterone, which impacts all those steroids you see on the tree above them.

View attachment 567641

so 125 T and 500 hcg per week should keep my e2 below 50?
considers that from the last analysis with these dosages (with 0.25mg a week of arimidex) I have 1,500 of T and 90 (28 in another private laboratory) of e2.
I do not know whether to trust the results of the laboratories, since I spent 250mg of T each week and the measured level was the same.
I do not know how this is possible.

Last edited:
Back