Is soy good for bodybuilding?

appleton111

Is soy good to use for bodybuilding, does it help to get cut up? does anyone have any good soy foods recipes for this?

Halfwit is definitely right there. Once upon a time I was stuck in a place that served serious amounts of soy every day. My nipples actually started to get sensitive and there was not a damn thing I could do about it!

soy is horrible for males...

in moderation its ok.. but thats only in moderation

Most humans, even females didn't eat much / any soy until recently. It's cheap to produce, the nutritional profile LOOKS good on the packaging but our bodies aren't designed to handle it - kind of like the excessive amounts of corn, corn filler and high fructose corn syrup ingredients that get pushed on our poor, fat southern neighbours. (and is now showing up in our grocery/convenience stores as well)

There's a great article from the New York Times called "breeding the nutrition out of our food" by Jo Robinson a female. Tells how all the phytonutrients have systematically been breeded out and teplaced with sugar and starch in our fruits n vegetables!

Most humans, even females didn't eat much / any soy until recently. It's cheap to produce, the nutritional profile LOOKS good on the packaging but our bodies aren't designed to handle it - kind of like the excessive amounts of corn, corn filler and high fructose corn syrup ingredients that get pushed on our poor, fat southern neighbours. (and is now showing up in our grocery/convenience stores as well)

Poor and fat?? Not very neighborly of you....lol

Poor and fat?? Not very neighborly of you....lol

Sorry sir definitely not all of you, it was more of a comment towards the bullshit food industry that pushes crap on unsuspecting consumers. It just so happened that I dealt with an extremely overweight american gentleman first thing this morning, so it was right in my face today :p

Sorry sir definitely not all of you, it was more of a comment towards the bullshit food industry that pushes crap on unsuspecting consumers. It just so happened that I dealt with an extremely overweight american gentleman first thing this morning, so it was right in my face today :p

The food industry is BS. But capitalism must be satisfied. High fructose corn syrup is cheap, and profitable--Not good for people. Even as I say that, it is a possibility that someone may defend it. I laughed the other day when I was at a fast food restaurant and saw the stock shipment being loaded. The boxes said: Grade C Meat--Fit for Human Consumption. It was lovely. Just chew...don't read. Reading bad...chewing good.

The food industry is BS. But capitalism must be satisfied. High fructose corn syrup is cheap, and profitable--Not good for people. Even as I say that, it is a possibility that someone may defend it. I laughed the other day when I was at a fast food restaurant and saw the stock shipment being loaded. The boxes said: Grade C Meat--Fit for Human Consumption. It was lovely. Just chew...don't read. Reading bad...chewing good.

The box said "grade c" ??

Usually they don't grade meat using A,B,C,D or any other letter. They use:

U.S. Prime ***8211; Highest in quality and intramuscular fat, limited supply. Currently, about 2.9% of carcasses grade as Prime.[15]
U.S. Choice ***8211; High quality, widely available in foodservice industry and retail markets. Choice carcasses are 53.7% of the fed cattle total. The difference between Choice and Prime is largely due to the fat content in the beef. Prime typically has a higher fat content (more and well distributed intramuscular "marbling") than Choice.
U.S. Select (formerly Good) ***8211; lowest grade commonly sold at retail, acceptable quality, but is less juicy and tender due to leanness.
U.S. Standard ***8211; Lower quality, yet economical, lacking marbling.
U.S. Commercial ***8211; Low quality, lacking tenderness, produced from older animals.
U.S. Utility
U.S. Cutter
U.S. Canner
Utility, Cutter, and Canner grade are rarely used in foodservice operations and primarily used by processors and canners.

Beef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

USDA Beef Quality and Yield Grades | Meat Science

Whatever you saw going into the store was some bad news!

If only we can get capitalism out of the food industry, the state-run collectives would provide us with far more nourishing fare, right? :rolleyes:

Back