Is this over training even if on cycle?

Hcc5881

I am banned!
Somebody suggested this workout for my next cycle. It is intense!!! Is this over training?

Everyday is setup as 4 "circuits" (denoted as c1, c2, etc...). I'm calling them that bc there isn't a better word for it, but I will explain as much as I can. If you are confused, ****ing ask.

Everyday starts off with foam rolling and stretching for about 5-10 min depending on how many knots I find.

On chest days, I use the cable machine with very light (7 lbs) to warm my shoulders and all the joints and ligaments around the chest. All I do is about 270 degree motion starting with my arms above my head and rotating them backwards till my hands are slightly past being parallel with my quads, then back towards my head. Start wide and as you warm up, narrow your arms to really get them stretched. This has just about eliminated any deep shoulder pain I was having.

I'll put the exercises in the order in which I do them and their weights.

After I finish my 3 day split, I just repeat. Vary light to heavy, Barbell to Dumbbell and then toss in some extra exercises if I see weak spots appearing. Sub whatever you like, just hit the same muscle group. Change up some exercises when your gains slow down to keep your muscles guessing. On weeks you hit everything real heavy, go ahead and take 2 ACTIVE recovery days.

----------------------------------

Day 1

Chest / Abs (Heavy DB, Light BB)

C1
Flat Bench 135x 8 (warm up, you can go to 10, whatever you need)
Flat Bench 225x10
DB Flat 125eax3
Full Body crunches off a bench 50 reps (my range of motion depends on which Abs I need to hit more, top or bottom. Play around with it till you are comfortable. If you can't do these, start with regular crunches until you are strong enough
Flat Bench 225x10
DB Flat 115x3
Full body crunches x 50
Flat bench 225x10
DB Flat 105x3
Full Body Crunches x 50
Flat Bench 225x10
DB Flat 100x5

C2
Oblique crunches x 35
Assisted WOD x 12 (or failure)
WOD on the legs x 8 (or failure)
Incline DB 85x8
Oblique crunches x 35
Incline DB 85x8
Oblique crunches x 35
Incline DB 85x8

C3
Cable Ab Pulldowns 190 x17
Explosive Clap Pushups flat x16
Incline Pushups off a bench x 10 (failure is what I'm looking for on these)
Cable Ab Pulldowns 190 x14
Explosive Clap Pushups flat x14
Cable Ab Pulldowns 190 x12
Explosive Clap Pushups flat x12

C4
Side Crunches with a cable set low to the ground 30lbsx18
Wide grip cable flies with the cable set high to emphasize upper chest, really squeeze these out and fatigue your chest 35x8 (35 is each hand)
Close grip underhanded bench with cable set between what it was set for the first two, below your chest at least (hits same muscles as decline if you are doing it right) 25x8
Wide grip cable flies with the cable set high to emphasize upper chest, really squeeze these out and fatigue your chest 35x8 (35 is each hand)
Close grip underhanded bench with cable set between what it was set for the first two, below your chest at least (hits same muscles as decline if you are doing it right) 25x8

______________________________ _______________________

Day 2

Legs / Arms
This day will rotate heavy to light as well. If I feel up to it at the beginning of the week, I'll go heavy, if not I do widow makers (225x20 pyramided up to 255 for 4 sets) or leg press, whatever feels better for my lower back. If I can't do a heavy squat day at all that week, I'll put leg press in there so I can at least put some serious weight on my legs once that week

C1
Squats 135x15
Squats 225x10
21s 70x21 (or failure)
Squats 315x10
21s 70x21
Squats 365x5
21s 70x21
Squats 315x3 (failure)

If my forearms hurt or ache too bad to do 21s with 70, I will go lighter, If I'm hitting 21 each time, I'll go up in weight next time

C2
Tricep Rope Pull downs 70x12
Behind the Head tricep extentions (or I use the rope tricep extensions) 70lb x 8
One legged calf raises 50x15
Traveling lunges 45x10
Behind the Head tricep extentions (or I use the rope tricep extensions) 70lb x 8
Traveling lunges 45x10
Traveling lunges 45x10

C3
Machine Leg extension 120eax12 (or replace with a superset on a smith doing front squats with THICK bands and go deep, deep, then go under the bar and start like you are doing regular squats but with your feet much further out, back straight to kill the hams some more)
Weighted Pull ups BW+90x8 (whatever failure is, start with A plate if you can)
Machine Leg extension 120eax12 (or replace with a superset on a smith doing front squats with THICK bands and go deep, deep, then go under the bar and start like you are doing regular squats but with your feet much further out, back straight to kill the hams some more)

C4
Machine Hamstring Curls 120x8 (or replace with leg press with your heels high to hit the hams, will keep more mass than curls)
Weighted Dips BW+90x8
Bicep burnout (pick your poisen, the idea on this set is to fry whatever is left of your biceps, Spider curls, incline curls, preacher curls all work well)
Machine Hamstring Curls 120x8 (or replace with leg press with your heels high to hit the hams, will keep more mass than curls)
Weighted Dips BW+90x8
Bicep burnout (pick your poisen, the idea on this set is to fry whatever is left of your biceps, Spider curls, incline curls, preacher curls all work well)
Weighted Dips BW+90x8

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 3

Back / Shoulders
Once again, these rotate heavy to light if I can get 6 days in bc I'm not working with concrete on the weekends. If I am, I just play it by ear and try to Heavy DL (400+ for a couple reps) every couple weeks, 3 weeks max. If my lower back is still really sore, I will just do volume DL with anything from 225, up to 315. 315 is still light enough not to murder my lower back like 400 does. I put some sample weights in parenthesis showing what a light day may look like, if this is still too much for my lower back, I just keep 225 on the bar and rep that bitch 15 times for 4 sets. This has never hurt my back and I've been able to complete the sets regardless. Call me lucky, I say I'm determined.

C1
Deadlifts 135x8
Deadlifts 225x8
Military Press DBs 80x8
Deadlifts 315x5 (or 315x15)
Military Press DBs 80x8
Deadlifts 405x3 (315 x 12)
Military Press DBs 80x7 (failure)
Deadlifts 405x3 (225 x failure)
Military Press DBs 80x6

C2
Cable Side Lat raises (on row machine)15x8 (with these I actually do 1 side, then 1 front and that is 1 rep for each)
Cable Front Lat raises (on row machine)15x8
Cable rows with cables crossed and focusing on driving your shoulder blades together 80x14
Cable Side Lat raises (on row machine)15x6
Cable Front Lat raises (on row machine)15x6
Cable rows with cables crossed and focusing on driving your shoulder blades together 80x12
Cable Side Lat raises (on row machine)15x5
Cable Front Lat raises (on row machine)15x5
Cable rows with cables crossed and focusing on driving your shoulder blades together 80x10

C3
Wide Grip weighted pullups BW+90x7
Close grip pullups (to failure, no rest between this and the first exercise throughout this circuit)
Shrugs 315x6 (use the squat rack, take the bar and put it on the the safety portion of the rack which should put it right about the right height to just walk up, grab the BB and start shrugging it. I use a full range of motion that is circular)
Face pulls 80lb Kettle x8
Close grip pullups (to failure, no rest between this and the first exercise throughout this circuit)
Shrugs 315x6
Shrugs 315x6
C4
Half Clean into a military press with full barbell, call me if you have questions, 135x5
One Armed Bent over rows right arm DB 105x8
One Armed Bent over rows left arm DB 105 x8
Half Clean into a military press with full barbell, call me if you have questions, 135x5
One Armed Bent over rows left arm DB 105 x8
One Armed Bent over rows left arm DB 105 x8:smokepoke

I dont really get it, but either way it is definitely too much. What are your goals?

He trains three days on then one day off. He does all 4 circuits for the day that is shown. He has made AMAZING results and is now a sponsor for another board. Despite his results, it still seemed like over training to me.

Back