IU Measurements

rchurchman

I have 30gauge 5/16 u100 .3cc syringes and would like to know what mark I need to measure 500iu's? It has a total of 30 units on it. This is for HCG to be used on every 5th day of my cycle.

By the way, Im using Pregnyl so I dont have to mix it.

Last edited:
It depends on how you mixed up the HCG and if you had 5000/2000IU. If you mixed up 5000IU of HCG with 1ml BW then you would have 5000iu in 1ml. If you mixed it up with 5ml of BW than 1ml would give you 1000IU, and with 10ml BW you'd have 500IU for 1ml.

you are right.. so how to I mix this stuff. I have 2 5000iu amps of pregnyl along with the mixing solution. I know i should only do 1 at a time because of how long it last but i need to know how exactly to mix it without another container and how many units equal 500iu on a .3 slin .

Last edited:
rchurchman said:
i have 5000iu pregnyl bottles. PREGNYL DOES NOT HAVE TO BE MIXED. So, on my .3cc syrines, what unit marker is 500iu's?

Huh ??

You need how many IU are in a CC to answer your question. If they are pre-mixed, you must certainly know how many CCs or MLs are in those amps.

If they are 5000iu/cc then obviously 500iu is 1/10th of a cc, so that would be 10iu on your slin pin.

i edited my post because i was wrong. its not premixed and i have no experience with mixing. the 2 vials comes with the solvent to mix with but i am unsure how to do this.

It has been my experience that throwing away the mixing stuff in the vials is a good move. Buying bact water and mixing the exact amount you want works better.

I generally use 2ccs of bact water for hcg or gh. This way I have less of the good stuff left in the pin when its over. Just a hang up of mine I guess. When using 2ccs, just double what Stone said, and you will be right.

rchurchman said:
i edited my post because i was wrong. its not premixed and i have no experience with mixing. the 2 vials comes with the solvent to mix with but i am unsure how to do this.

Take 1 vial of 5000iu and mix it with 5ml of bac water. I imagine thats what you have for a "solvent". You will now have 1000iu/ml. So if you're going to shoot 500iu draw to the 50iu mark on the slin pin.

If you mix the hcg with 10ml of bac water you would have 500iu/ml. So in order to shoot 500iu of hcg you would pull back to the 100iu mark on the slin pin.

Just mix it up with 5ml, draw the bac water up in a syringe and dribble it slowly down the side of the hcg vial. Draw 500iu, shoot, and place the rest in the fridge. Voila.

my slin pins go up to 30 units and does not say iu's, but its a .3cc. So explain???????

And I am not sure what the solvent is. Its whatever comes with the pregnyl in the ampules.

rchurchman said:
my slin pins go up to 30 units and does not say iu's, but its a .3cc. So explain???????

And I am not sure what the solvent is. Its whatever comes with the pregnyl in the ampules.

It's been explained a couple times already...but let me do it again.

Add 1 ml bac water to your 5000iu of HCG. You now have a solution of 5000iu/ml, therefore 500iu is 1/10th of a ml. 1/10th of one ml is 10 units on any size slin pin.

rchurchman said:
Can you get BAC water over the counter at any pharmacy along with a sealed 10ml vial?

Not sure on that, dunno where you're from either.

Just click the banner on top of the page and order it from researchology and you'll be set.

Back