Jay Cutler can't do pullups?

He's still a fuckin monster whether he can do an unassisted pullup or not. Odlly enough most of the bigger guys at my gym can't do much of a pullup but the smaller guys can usually rip them out

I cant see the video so please explain this to me..........

50 seconds into doing pullups (chinups with bodyweight) and he starts getting tired and needs an assist? Is that supposed to be bad? The guy weighs how much?

pullinbig said:
hes trying to sell equipment, "make money".

He needs to get a personality, what a boring individual. I cannot imagine buying anything that he is selling.

bwhahahahah thats the most pathetic thing i have ever seen.. husky your so right on the lack of personality thing.. i vote him for terminator 4

huskyguy said:
He needs to get a personality, what a boring individual. I cannot imagine buying anything that he is selling.

Lol true.

PB is right. I know he's trying to sell equipment, it's a good way of advertising, but I just thought it was funny that Jay Cutler was doing pullup assist and wanted to share it with you guys

Jusee said:
I cant see the video so please explain this to me..........

50 seconds into doing pullups (chinups with bodyweight) and he starts getting tired and needs an assist? Is that supposed to be bad? The guy weighs how much?

Video is of him working out on a bunch of machines advertising for a company called Powertec. They show him doing pullup assists. He's a really bad actor, so by the looks of it he was actually struggling. He must've been repping 100s though

I don't see a big deal. I do assisted pullups at the end of a back workout. Not a huge Cutler fan, but he looks good in that video. I gotta get those machines.....(and more aas, hgh, diuretics)j/k

I dont see anything wrong? He's using every machine in there, and that part we see is probably his last 2 reps of.. It's not like they're going to choose to show only the first 2-4 reps of each machine he use's. It's a video shoot, you have to redo shit, and throughout the end i think he would be tired.

Pullups are one of those exercises where you can really risk injury if you work in too low of a rep range with too much weight. It can put a lot of stress on the shoulders and such. So I can see how a guy who is 300+ in the offseason would find it useful.

Plus, as stated above, this is an ad, if Jay walked past the machine and said "That pullup assist is for pussies, fuck that shit" then he wouldn't really be doing his job.

He does lack personality to some degree but he seems like a nice guy and a hard worker. You want perosnality look up lee priest.

Back