Most insane workout routine ever?

Torn bicep

:chainsaw:Hello all. Just wondering what crazy training other members have done in the past. Mine is insane, but it works wonders for me.

I am an athlete/rugby player, interested in speed, power, strength and endurance. I'm 5"10 currently 190lbs with 6% body fat (previously 14%). I can bench 150kg, squat 240kg, deadlift 255kg, clean and jerk 130kg and Snatch 95kg

I've been training like a madman for the last 5 months. In that time I've lost 8kg in weight, but have gained muscle epecially on my arms. My strength has increased by 15% and my speed and endurance has gone through the roof.

Do you have a crazier routine than me? I challenge you!

Some exercises I do to failure, others especially legs/power/Olympic I do to a percentage of 1 rep max. The percentage of 1rm of these weights has progressed slowly upwards over the 5 months. I started doing exercises for 50-60% max. I increase the weight by 2.5-5kg (for both max efforts and % 1 rm) once every 3 weeks (over 5 months that is an increase of about 20-40kg per exercise) - I estimate that I'm currently at 75-85% of 1rm now.

I also do 2 sets of grip exercises, 2 sets of calf raises and 2 sets of shrugs most days.

MONDAY WEIGHTS(POWER/LEGS/BACK/BICEPS/TRICEPS): Clean and Jerk-
warm up, then 4x5

Fast Front squats (40%) 4x5

Military Push press 1x5 1x3
BN Push press 1x5 1x3

Snatch warm up, then 4x5

Squats 4x5

Deadlift 1x20 in one set (10 seconds between each lift)- I alternate grips as much as I can.

BICEPS/TRICEPS- low weight consecutive machine curls/triceps pulldown supercircuit for huge pump.

CARDIO- NONE

TUESDAY - CARDIO/WEIGHTS (BODYWEIGHT)/SPRINTS

Hand balancing - I practice this a few times per week (like DIY gymnastics), including legs straght roman chair holds and standing ab roller.

100m sprints- 8x 100m, bounds, jumps

then: Supersets- dips/100% vertical situps/pullups/knee ups (non stop) with 100m jog, 50m sprints, 100m jog inbetween- 7 sets -approx 30 mins. Then 20 minute easy bike.

WEDNESDAY - WEIGHTS (SHOULDERS/BACK)

Dumbell shoulder press 2x max (5-7)
Bent over rows (over grip) 2x max (3-5)
Bent over rows (under grip 2 x max (3-5)

HAND BALANCING/ABS routine

Low weight Snatch/clean and jerk technique sets.

CARDIO- 8km jog if I have energy, otherwise a 1hr easy bike.

THURSDAY- WEIGHTS (SHOULDERS/TRAPS)

MP- Warm up, then 1x1-2 max
BNP- Warm up then 1x 2-3 max
MP - 1x10 max
BNP 1x 10 max

Reverse large dumbell press
2x10 max

(I have a specially made dumbell that is very wide and you can press it with 2 hands)

High Pulls 3x 5-7 max
Upright Rows (narrow grip) 3x 5-7

RAISE CIRCUIT 2X (Dumb front raise/plate lat raise/plate rear raise)

CARDIO 6x200m + 8km jog

FRIDAY: WEIGHTS (CHEST/TRICEPS/BICEPS)

4X Chest super-circuit
(DUMBELL FLYES 6-9 reps/PULLOVERS 6-9 reps/SKULL CRUSHHERS with large 2 hand holding dumbell 2-5 reps/CLOSE GRIP BENCH (with large 2 hand holding dumbell)

WIDE CHAIR PRESS UPS (using 3 chairs and doing a press up that goes below the level of your body with weight forward held at the bottom- VERY DIFFICULT!)

SINGLE DUMBELL HEAVY CURLS SUPERSETTED with Clean and jerk/snatch- until too tired!

CARDIO - 4X 400m +
SUPER CIRCUIT:
single arm pullups (assisted), vertical situps single arm press ups, hanging knee ups with 100m jog, 50m sprint, 50m jog in between, then easy bike (50 mins total) 7 sets of each exercise

SATURDAY: WEIGHTS OFF!

CARDIO: 8km easy jog

SUNDAY- WEIGHTS (CHEST)
(All benches held for 1 second)

BENCH (arching-powerlifting style)
1x5 (easy)
2x3 max

INCLINE BENCH
2x 4-5 max

BENCH (feet off ground floor/flat back)

1x5 max HOLDS (hold for 5 seconds on chest before pressing)
1x5 max WIDE (extra wide grip)
1x3 max MISSISIPIS ( HOLD for a 5 count just above the chest and 5 second count in the middle of the press)
1x4-6 max CLOSE GRIP BENCH

2X MACHINE PRESS 5-6 max
2x PEC DECK 8-12 max

HAND BALANCING/ABS

CARDIO- NONE

It's Friday, still got my cardio to do!
:goof::Pat::goof:

Weights: 6 days per week, approximately 210 sets total (not including light clean and jerks/snatches and handbalancing/abs)

Cardio: 5 days/week (5 hours)
Sprints: 4 days/week
(50m/100m/200m/400m)
:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Back