Juicers, discuss your strength in exercises

I am curious what the juicers on this forum bench for reps, squat for reps, dead for reps, alternating DB curl for reps, Shoulder or Arnold press for reps, side laterals for reps...

Give me the low down on what you are doing for reps on some basic exercises.

For example, I will rep 315 on flat bench for 10 -15 when I lift using a BB's routine high volume routine or do one arm DB preacher curls for 15 using a 65lb dbs, 180lb DB's for 10 reps doing seated french press..

I want to get an idea of how people are working out on this forum and how strong they are. Furthermore what are your max's having been lifting like a bodybuilder?

clubfootedmidget said:
I am curious what the juicers on this forum bench for reps, squat for reps, dead for reps, alternating DB curl for reps, Shoulder or Arnold press for reps, side laterals for reps...

Give me the low down on what you are doing for reps on some basic exercises.

For example, I will rep 315 on flat bench for 10 -15 when I lift using a BB's routine high volume routine or do one arm DB preacher curls for 15 using a 65lb dbs, 180lb DB's for 10 reps doing seated french press..

I want to get an idea of how people are working out on this forum and how strong they are. Furthermore what are your max's having been lifting like a bodybuilder?

After reading your lifts I have decided not to post mine.. as I don't want to embarass you...

Yeah right... I suck. ... I have been doing a 5x5 routine.... I was up to benching 325 for 5 sets of 5..so ... I suck...

I dont know how much I can lift as I havent tried in a while. Reading these boards I seem to think I have a different lifting style than most of you.

Well, I was looking more for an idea of what people who juice are doing in terms of routines.. how their progress is and what their strength is at. Not in terms of comparison but in terms of what I can expect if I decide to start using gear.

I would share mine but Im sure it is a bit unorthodox compared to 99.5% of the other members in this community.
In the end working out is working out. Stick with the basics: 1 bodypart per day, compound excercises, and so on (Im sure you know the rest).
If you need any other help the training board on this board seems to be full of good information. Im especially interested in the "5X5 Routine." I will have to read up some more on that later.

clubfootedmidget said:
Well, I was looking more for an idea of what people who juice are doing in terms of routines.. how their progress is and what their strength is at. Not in terms of comparison but in terms of what I can expect if I decide to start using gear.

Well, I'm on my second cycle and my bench press is up 60 lbs. My other lifts aren't up nearly that much though. I'm embarrassed to mention the actual numbers, but what the heck -- I'm benching 265x7 right now, which is lame enough, but if you do the math that means I was previously down at an incredibly weak 205x6. :( But I was in a major slump then, down a lot from what I had gained on my first cycle, and stupidly started the second cycle as a slump-buster. But it worked. My incline is only 225x8, but those are going up smooth and easy enough that I'll add another 10 or 20 on my next chest day and see what happens. I have an excuse, though, I'm an old fart and didn't get started lifting 'til I hit "mid life crisis" age.

At your present age, size, strength, and experience level, I think you could count on much better gains than that.

--dnb

clubfootedmidget, you are one strong natural mofo. Don't worry what anyone else is lifting - you're on the right path! Start with the gear and before long (2-3 months) you'll be outlifting the majority of the guys in your gym (if you aren't already!).

I am not really looking for training suggestions... I am trying to get an overall idea of what people are doing. I am interested in seeing who is making the best gains and what routines they are using.. just in general. For example, I keep a training log online at another forum. There several others also keep a log. I review thier logs to see what exercises they are doing and see how thier progress is coming along. Unfortunately we don't have any gearheads on their keeping a journal. I am personally curious to see a log of the progression that one makes. Crazymike keeps his stat log here... and he is a reg at the other forum I go to.. and his log here is informative.. but it doesn't give me an idea of how his training is. I just want to see the correlation between strength and size gains and the cycle. I am also personally curious to see how much people on this forum can lift.. or how much volume they push.. and how frequently in a week.

I am not a BB, so i dont lift like one...I lift similar to a powerlifter...i want to be as strong as a bull and, bench, squat and dead a truck...

E

OFF... I did bench 355lbs for 7reps, and 225lbs for 24reps
curled 155lbs for 5
barbell pressed 245lbs for 7reps
Leg press 700lbs for 14reps
Hammer strength shrugs 600lbs for 10reps
and I did this all while weighing 205lbs. I just started my summer cycle I will post what I do in about 2 months time.

Re: Re: Juicers, discuss your strength in exercises

raw lifter 1 said:

Squat
135x15/warm up
225x15/warm up
315x8
405x8
525x8
615x4
315x12 finish

Deads
135x10x2 sets/warm up
225x5/warm up
315x5/warm up
405x5
495x5
600x5
695x3
740x1 finish

Bench
135x15/warm up
225x10/warm up
315x10
365x10
405x6-8
455x6
475x2-4

military press
135x15/warmup
185x10
205x10
225x8-10
225x8-10

I'm going to start crying now.

--dnb

Re: Re: Juicers, discuss your strength in exercises

raw lifter 1 said:
My lifts havent changed all that much since I have been on. I injured my left shoulder 4 weeks into my cycle and I have been going to physical therapy.

Havent squatted in 8 months due to a reoccurring knee injury either so the squat numbers are old.

Squat
135x15/warm up
225x15/warm up
315x8
405x8
525x8
615x4
315x12 finish

Deads
135x10x2 sets/warm up
225x5/warm up
315x5/warm up
405x5
495x5
600x5
695x3
740x1 finish

Bench
135x15/warm up
225x10/warm up
315x10
365x10
405x6-8
455x6
475x2-4

military press
135x15/warmup
185x10
205x10
225x8-10
225x8-10

I wanted to post the routine I use to get ready for a lift meet but it's top seceret......lol

later,
RL1

What did you do to yoru knee raw?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Juicers, discuss your strength in exercises

raw lifter 1 said:
LOL......btw thats light weight. If you noticed I never posted my pr's.

Here is a pic of my ass.....:bootyshak

You have a nasty ass!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Juicers, discuss your strength in exercises

raw lifter 1 said:
Hmmmm, i've been told different......:D

Stang's opinion doesn't count :D

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Juicers, discuss your strength in exercises

raw lifter 1 said:
LOL......btw thats light weight. If you noticed I never posted my pr's.

Here is a pic of my ass.....:bootyshak

Pretty hot ass RL!!!!:D

Since I started adding high volume with heavy compound movements I hae seeen sick results.
Squat= 650 for 8-10 reps
Leg Sled= 2000lbs 6-8 reps
Bench Press=395 3-4 reps
Military Press= 275 3-4 reps
D.B. Curls 70lbs 6-8 reps
Tricep pushdowns 275 6-8 reps

I am getting some really bad carpal tunnel from the rapid weight/strength gains.

Back