Just read that you don't really need a crimper to put the tops on the vials

GymLift

...but it might just not look as good.

Is this true? Might be a lot of easier than using these stupid ass 60mL syringes (makes me wonder why I'm using bottle top filtration).

mranak,
I have been debating the capper thing also ... Would like to read other perspectives ... :roll:

Sssc

mranak said:
...but it might just not look as good.

Is this true? Might be a lot of easier than using these stupid ass 60mL syringes (makes me wonder why I'm using bottle top filtration).

how did you hear it could be done?

and what are you usiung the 60ml syringes for?

RJH8541 said:
how did you hear it could be done?
Google brought up a post on bodybuilding.com. I didn't go there on purpose:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=653216

RJH8541 said:
and what are you usiung the 60ml syringes for?
To fill my sterile 50mL vials. I think I filled eight of them up very late one night several weeks back. I'm embarrased to say that I have MTV3 on at 3am. Apparently, no decent music has come out. They are still playing old Usher music from maybe a year ago or similar. And then there are these lame bitches called the pussy cat dolls.

mranak said:
Google brought up a post on bodybuilding.com. I didn't go there on purpose:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=653216

haha, using a SPOON? I really can't believe that board still has anyone with half a brain posting on it. What a waste of bandwidth.

mranak said:
To fill my sterile 50mL vials. I think I filled eight of them up very late one night several weeks back.

As for your deal... why not just pour the solution in from the media bottle? Either way, if you want them looking good... get a crimper. Luckily CJ used to carry them for ~$80.

its very easy to get a spoon and run it along the rin of a cap on a vial and crimp it that way... does hurt the fingers after about 10 vials... hence why i bought a a dam crimper hehehe lol :D

RJH90210 said:
As for your deal... why not just pour the solution in from the media bottle?
Why do you think I'm interested in figuring out a way to put the metal ring on the top without a crimper?

My vials are pre-sealed. But I do pour the solution in from the media bottle to the syringe.

RJH90210 said:
Either way, if you want them looking good... get a crimper. Luckily CJ used to carry them for ~$80.
I don't care too much how they look.

Can I still get a crimper for ~$80? If not, then thats 'unluckily' for me. :D

NYCEE said:
I have heard about the spoon before.. I just got myself a crimper.
Yeah but you have granite counter-tops which means that you ain't poor. I make good money, but I don't know where all the money goes. I have very cheap countertops. Their white. Or at least that's the color we try and keep them.

mranak said:
Can I still get a crimper for ~$80? If not, then thats 'unluckily' for me. :D

Can't part with an extra $80 huh? lol

Seriously though, i would say use screw-top seals... but the cost would be wayyyy more in the long run. Actually, in the short run also.

Back