Just starting need advice

DIVER203

I work out 5 times a week and have been working out for three years. I'm 5'8 135lbs I hit a plateau in my workout and I'm not gaining any more. I want to add in something to help me continue my gains and lose a little extra fat in the thighs and belly that won't seem to go away. Any advice on what to take dosage and for how long would be greatly appreciated.

I'm 24 weigh 135 5'8 17%. I want to gain more muscle and loss some of the bf. I hit a plateau with my workouts and haven't gained in a few months. I travel for work alot and try to keep a clean diet and a regular workout schedule. I also sometimes lack the energy after work to workout

I'm 24 weigh 135 5'8 17%. I want to gain more muscle and loss some of the bf. I hit a plateau with my workouts and haven't gained in a few months. I travel for work alot and try to keep a clean diet and a regular workout schedule. I also sometimes lack the energy after work to workout

Discipline yourself if you lack the energy to workout and find your will, what is a clean diet to you, hows the fiber intake? How often do you workout?

I work 12hr days 6 days a week in chemical plants. I get to the gym about 4 to 5 times a week. As far as my diet I've cut sugars except what is in fruits, protein shake in the morning with a blueberry muffin, lunch is usually canned ham or chicken an orange either Mac and cheese or uncle Ben's rice. Dinners vary. I stay in hotels that don't have a kitchen so I only have a little fridge for my food.

If your wanting to loose some fat and you have hit a plateau , then you may want to look into a 'carb cycle' diet or a 'ketogenic' diet .. something drastically different then what your doing now to break through that wall.

from what it looks like right now, your diet consists of fruit, mac n chesse, and uncle Ben's rice . NOT the best combination for knocking out the little bit of extra fat you are holding onto.

Knocking out the fat is not really my top priority. I want to gain more muscle mass. I know my diet isn't top notch but I do what I can with what I have. I was just wondering if there was something I could do to break through the plateau and gain muscle mass and possible loss a little of the bf

Knocking out the fat is not really my top priority. I want to gain more muscle mass. I know my diet isn't top notch but I do what I can with what I have. I was just wondering if there was something I could do to break through the plateau and gain muscle mass and possible loss a little of the bf

I would agree that your diet is your stumbling block. I eat 5 or 6 meals a day, focusing on a good source of protein and fats. I'll eat between those meals and incorporate, nuts, seeds, some fruit, an extra protein shake if required.

It would appear that you aren't getting much time to recover between working, training and sleeping. When was the last time that you changed your routine with regards to your workout? Can you list what you are doing at each session in terms of volume, weights etc. You can make some fairly simple changes to see some quite substantial benefits.

You have to get a hot plate so you can cook some. Canned meats are really high in salts. Increase you patasium and lower the salt and you will drop 2-5 % of your body fat. Get a diet consultant and you will see results very fast. Your success is totally tied to your diet.

At your height and weight I will tell you to focus your training on your legs and butt. Squats lunges and stair master the bike. Kill it.

Last edited:
Back