Kimbos upcoming bout against Ken Shamrock

LOL..sorry for the typos I was watching a fight on TV at the same time..Jungle Fight is on down here in Rio.. has some really great fighters that haven't been seen up in the states yet.

I can't believe Ken wasn't cleared due to an accidental cut last night.

Who is this plug they're replacing Ken with?

I can't believe Ken wasn't cleared due to an accidental cut last night.

Who is this plug they're replacing Ken with?

what???? jesus... what the hell was he doing last night? damn it.

Its not over for Kimbo, he has had losses on the youtube videos since before his MMA career started, he's marketable so they'll still push him just like we pushed David Abbot (Tank) even though he lost half the fights he was in. At the end of the day it really doesn't matter how many fights you win or lose it matters whether the public is interested in you. Look at Ken Shamrock.. perfect example. And in this case there is still a market segment that is interested in Kimbo and will be interested to see what happens after this, and much like Howard Stern..the people who don't like Kimbo will watch his future fights to see him lose. Either way he'll keep making money.

As soon as I heard they were throwing in Petruzelli I knew Kimbo was finished because Seth is an actual fighter.

u think they'll have a rematch?

I think it's the only move, and they should do it as soon as possible.

There are alot of plays they can make. They can of course do a rematch between Kimbo and Seth with Kimbo making the proclamation that it was just a fluke and so forth (the same thing we hear all the time in the sport), but then Seth gets to hold Elite over a barrel for the next fight, remember Seth doesn't have a contract his was a last minute one fight deal because Elite was left in the lurch when Ken couldn't fight. This puts Seth in a great spot because he can now take this win over Kimbo and go to any promoter including the UFC (where Dana who hates Kimbo would love to have Seth beaten by one of the contract UFC fighters). They could also promote a Ken versus Seth fight, or still push the Kimbo versus Ken fight they pushed in the first place. they still have alot of moves including just putting Kimbo against any hump just to see what kind of market share that pulls so they can find out if they even have to deal with this loss..market share is everything and if the numbers say the audience still wants to see Kimbo then they really don't have to do anything. The honest fact is Kimbo isn't really going to get much better technically than he already is.

His head must weigh like 50lbs. When Seth was hitting him after he ko'd him his head wasn't even fucking moving.

On another note, I believe in the famous line, "There's no such thing as a lucky punch, he meant to punch him and he punched him, end of story." However, if there WAS such a thing as a lucky punch, Seth got one. Before you bash me, understand that I would have bet a months salary that Seth would've won that fight. If that KO didn't happen I still think Seth would have won. But his punch while cowering in the corner throwing rape victim front kicks was funny. His shit just landed in the perfect spot and Kimbo was defintely KTFO because he looked like he was ready for a nap when he finally got up.

Again, don't argue that I think Kimbo is the shit, he's a joke and I KNEW his shit was over when they picked Seth. He had a much better shot against Shamcock. I would of loved to see his fight Frank though, they said Frank offered before they picked Seth and Elite said... noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I agree with Drik I would have loved to see Frank beat the hell out of Kimbo, Frank has always been more talented than Ken. BTW- I loved the Cung Le Frank Shamrock fight.

Ohh and to answer your question Reap .. Yeah Kimbo has been training in stand up and ground fighting (supposedly) he is being trained by Bas Rutten (who is a really talented fighter himself..though not nearly so as a trainer..just because you were a great fighter doesn't make you a great coach).

I wish Frank would have come out of the announcers booth and fought Kimbo while wearing his headset so he could call the fight as it happened.

Back