Late night eating (Clean/Zero Carb)

Deep South Chris

the one and only BEACH
I work at night so it makes my diet a little harder, especially on my nights off. Sitting at home starving at 4:30 am. i know the basic things i can eat now but i'm looking for some other ideas. tuna and lemon juice is my staple for late night eating while dieting. I currently have no tuna, ate last of it today. a carrot and some cold water? not going to cut it. So please help me and all help each other, for i know im not the only night shift worker on this site!

lol im actually at work right now, but what are your goals? I still eat 6-7 meals a day its just at different times compared to people who work during the day.

lol im actually at work right now, but what are your goals? I still eat 6-7 meals a day its just at different times compared to people who work during the day.

I work at night so it makes my diet a little harder, especially on my nights off. Sitting at home starving at 4:30 am. i know the basic things i can eat now but i'm looking for some other ideas. tuna and lemon juice is my staple for late night eating while dieting. I currently have no tuna, ate last of it today. a carrot and some cold water? not going to cut it. So please help me and all help each other, for i know im not the only night shift worker on this site!

Why would you be starving yourself? If you're hungry, eat. Just fit it into your macros. Veggies and fruits are good for this as they're pretty filling for the amount of calories they have n

Thats not gonna matter near what u think bro. Seriously.

^^^^this is 100% correct. Taking in sugar before bed will not lead to fat or hinder gains if the total daily energy intake is appropriate for your goals. Eating before bed being a bad thing or leading to fat gain is a pure myth.

^^^^this is 100% correct. Taking in sugar before bed will not lead to fat or hinder gains if the total daily energy intake is appropriate for your goals. Eating before bed being a bad thing or leading to fat gain is a pure myth.

Yep! Body composition isn't affected by the times of day you eat. The only "timing" that matters is when you work out and what your body needs to get through the workout and then post workout your body is ready to receive what it needs to replenish. The timing for anything else really isn't important.

Yep! Body composition isn't affected by the times of day you eat. The only "timing" that matters is when you work out and what your body needs to get through the workout and then post workout your body is ready to receive what it needs to replenish. The timing for anything else really isn't important.

Not to nitpick (I guess I am though lol) but even that isn't as necessary as commonly believed. A typical meal takes around 4-5hrs to fully digest and is releasing nutrients into the bloodstream during this time. If you eat a decent meal pre-workout you can get by with waiting longer post-workout to eat. Or conversely, you can train fasted if you eat a meal post-workout. But I do agree with you that timing isn't complete hogwash but it is seriously overrated.

I can't sleep unless I eat, I just try to avoid eating alot before bed, and I avoid most sugar drinks or candy 99% of the time anyway.

I can't sleep unless I eat, I just try to avoid eating alot before bed, and I avoid most sugar drinks or candy 99% of the time anyway.

Same here. I usually eat around an hour or so before bed otherwise I wake up with a growling stomach and hunger pangs. I don't eat too much either but I try and stay upright for another half hour at least to aid in digestion (if I lay down immediately after I tend to wake up with indigestion/acid reflux).

Not to nitpick (I guess I am though lol) but even that isn't as necessary as commonly believed. A typical meal takes around 4-5hrs to fully digest and is releasing nutrients into the bloodstream during this time. If you eat a decent meal pre-workout you can get by with waiting longer post-workout to eat. Or conversely, you can train fasted if you eat a meal post-workout. But I do agree with you that timing isn't complete hogwash but it is seriously overrated.

Completely agree!

actually that's pretty far from the truth... you seem to be brainwashed by that IIFYM approach...

that was poor advice

actually that's pretty far from the truth... you seem to be brainwashed by that IIFYM approach...

that was poor advice

Well, after this cycle I planned to give you some cash to help me stay on track and build/maintain. I believe you are right, but the science behind IIFYM makes sense to me so learning your plan will be interesting.

Dude eat them carbs at night.
i used to believe eating carbs at night will somehow magically makes you fat, I was WRONG, Im eating 360g sweet potatoe with chicken 2-3 hours before bed (thats 75 carbs) and sometimes i eat more carbs with some protein right before i go to bed. And im not getting fat at all, its a myth, eat your carbs at night, but you have to cut calories from your regular meals if you want to save calories for night.

x2

Back