Latest Bloodwork - Couple of Questions

Hoodlum

First let me pre-emptively thank anyone who helps me out. The feedback and information I get from this forum is what is making my self-administration of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) possible.

So I just got my latest bloods back.

Total T was at 900ng/dL (range 220 - 905), taken 3 days after my last jab, so this is my trough level. I'm thinking I could aim to squeeze another couple hundred out of it? I feel ok as I am, but if there's a bit of wiggle room, obviously I'd rather have the additional benefit for muscle building and sex drive. This is running 240mg test cyp a week, split into 2 shots every 3.5 days. Most other guys report way higher total T levels with that much cyp, but it doesn't seem to affect me quite to the same extent.

E2 has come back at 58pg/mL (range 12 - 42. Doesn't say it's the sensitive assay - I assume not). This was after a reading of 18pg/mL a month ago.

About 10 days ago, I was feeling some symptoms of low E2 - sex drive had completely died. I was taking 0.25mg adex EOD, which I had been on since starting on gels (which obviously aromatise a lot), but had since switched solely to subq injections. Having read that subq jabs cause very little aromatisation, I figured I'd crashed my E2 with too much adex, so came off it altogether - I've not taken any for about a week now.

Seems like the subq jabs aromatise more than I realised, in my case at least. I think I'm going to try 0.25mg adex twice a week, as opposed to EOD - sound reasonable?

I've got no symptoms of high E2 currently, and my libido is actually currently pretty good. When I first started on the gels with no Aromatase inhibitor (AI), my E2 was up near 120 at one point, and I started getting early gyno symptoms - puffy nipples, etc. Seems like there's quite a bit of fine tuning needed to get the level dialled in to a good range.

Cheers guys

TT look good.

Lowering your E2 will increase your TT and Free T even further.

I would not take your test dose up any higher than it is now. This is as high as I would go for a sustained testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) protocol. There are just too many concerns with running higher than this for years or decades.

You could consider the conversations I believe you had in the AAS forum about Blasting. But that conversation should be had over there.

TT look good.

Lowering your E2 will increase your TT and Free T even further.

I would not take your test dose up any higher than it is now. This is as high as I would go for a sustained testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) protocol. There are just too many concerns with running higher than this for years or decades.

You could consider the conversations I believe you had in the AAS forum about Blasting. But that conversation should be had over there.

I do of course remember those conversations - I'll stick to the advice. I had just seen several guys on here mention they run at trough level of more like 1000-1100, but horses for courses I suppose - I was just getting greedy ;-)

Thanks

I think when you lower your E2 that you will be closer to tha:) t 1000 number. Also, note that the top of the normal range from you lab was 905. My lab's top of the normal range is something like 1130.

Now, 900 ng/dL is always 900. I may be totally wrong on this, but the reason each lab has its own normal ranges is because they get statistically skewed results so they modify their normal ranges. Apparently, for whatever reason, my lab's equipment and procedures result in higher results. So they adjust the reference range so that it includes, I am guessing, three standard deviations. Again, guessing here, but I bet that if you had your tests run at my lab that they would give you a higher TT number.

Sorry to get mathy so early in the morning. :)

Or it could be that men in the US have higher test levels than the men in the UK do.
:p

Or it could be that men in the US have higher test levels than the men in the UK do.
:p

Mate, looking at some of the "men" walking around London, with their 12 year old boy physique, floppy hair, and skinny jeans - I don't think you'd be far wrong!

Mate, looking at some of the "men" walking around London, with their 12 year old boy physique, floppy hair, and skinny jeans - I don't think you'd be far wrong!

That reminds me Hoodlum. I have been meaning to ask. Are you gay or just British?
:)

That reminds me Hoodlum. I have been meaning to ask. Are you gay or just British?
:)

Haha, a lot of the gay blokes in London wish I was mate ;-)

I stand out like a sore thumb from most of the "men" over here - I'm tall, well built and masculine. That said, I'm more than a little vain... Some people do mistakenly think I'm gay from my appearance until I talk to them!

Edit: it's probably the stockings I wear at weekends that give them that impression. I should really stop wearing them

Last edited:
Back