12 week TRT labs: Would like input

DomPerryOn

Hello,

I just received m 12 week labs. Ill post the initials along with the current with ranges. My protocol is below...

.32ml/200mL cyp 2x/week (wed/sat) 128mg total
1 click cream to scrotum 3x week (mon/wed/fri)
400iu HCG 3x week (sun/tues/thurs)

Blood work was done in the am on a Wednesday prior to cream/inj.

Total test: 647/963 (265-916)
Free test: 16.7/40.25 (5-21)
SHGB: 37.8/27.4 (16.5-55.9)
Prolactin: 17.8/26.2 (4-15.2)
Estradiol: 24.9/55.1 (8-35)
DHT: 51/102 (30-85)
LH: 6.9 (not seeing LH on second labs)
Hemoglobin: 15.5/15.7 (13-17.7)
Hematocrit: 45.9/46.4 (37.5-51)
PSA: 0.5/.8 (0-4)

What Ive experienced in the past 12 weeks...

pros:
put back on some weight (~12lbs)
More motivation in the gym
Less sleepy during the day

cons:
I seem to wake up at 2am and cant fall back asleep
Lately Ive been experienced sweaty armpits even though I am cold/not active

Other than that I havent noticed much else. I was expecting to feel much better but the fact a few of the values are way off I feel would most likely be the cause. I would be interested to hear what some of those with experience think. Weirdly enough I havent experienced the sides of high estrogen so Im scratching my head on this. Also I am working with a highly recognized online Doctor/facility.

Hello,

I just received m 12 week labs. Ill post the initials along with the current with ranges. My protocol is below...

.32ml/200mL cyp 2x/week (wed/sat) 128mg total
1 click cream to scrotum 3x week (mon/wed/fri)
400iu HCG 3x week (sun/tues/thurs)

Blood work was done in the am on a Wednesday prior to cream/inj.

Total test: 647/963 (265-916)
Free test: 16.7/40.25 (5-21)
SHGB: 37.8/27.4 (16.5-55.9)
Prolactin: 17.8/26.2 (4-15.2)
Estradiol: 24.9/55.1 (8-35)
DHT: 51/102 (30-85)
LH: 6.9 (not seeing LH on second labs)
Hemoglobin: 15.5/15.7 (13-17.7)
Hematocrit: 45.9/46.4 (37.5-51)
PSA: 0.5/.8 (0-4)

What Ive experienced in the past 12 weeks...

pros:
put back on some weight (~12lbs)
More motivation in the gym
Less sleepy during the day

cons:
I seem to wake up at 2am and cant fall back asleep
Lately Ive been experienced sweaty armpits even though I am cold/not active

Other than that I havent noticed much else. I was expecting to feel much better but the fact a few of the values are way off I feel would most likely be the cause. I would be interested to hear what some of those with experience think. Weirdly enough I havent experienced the sides of high estrogen so Im scratching my head on this. Also I am working with a highly recognized online Doctor/facility.

Your prolactin is most concerning for me. It was elevated to begin with and it has gone up. If you don't manage estradiol, prolactin becomes a problem.

I personally would recommend that you stop using the testosterone cream and see if that helps things. Creams are notorious for high aromatization rates.

But let me ask you this. If your total testosterone was 647ng/dl PRIOR to going on TRT, why did you are treatment? That's a very healthy level. I find it hard to believe that a doctor prescribed TRT for you. Why do injections 5 days as week and rub something on your scrotum 3 days a week and incur the cost of TRT when it seems like your hormones were looking pretty good.

Your prolactin is most concerning for me. It was elevated to begin with and it has gone up. If you don't manage estradiol, prolactin becomes a problem.

I personally would recommend that you stop using the testosterone cream and see if that helps things. Creams are notorious for high aromatization rates.

But let me ask you this. If your total testosterone was 647ng/dl PRIOR to going on TRT, why did you are treatment? That's a very healthy level. I find it hard to believe that a doctor prescribed TRT for you. Why do injections 5 days as week and rub something on your scrotum 3 days a week and incur the cost of TRT when it seems like your hormones were looking pretty good.

Thank you for the feedback. As you stated it seems like it would make sense to lose the cream. My test has actually consistently tested in low 400s and has been dropping. I took that test very early in the morning which I was told why it was reading higher than usual. Ive been putting off even considering TRT for the past few years and the reason I decided to move forward was due to how Ive been feeling despite having my diet as well as all other variables in check.

It is normal for your testosterone levels to be highest in the morning. That's why you are supposed to have the blood test performed early in the morning. It sounds like Hypogonadism likely isn't what is causing whatever problems you were experiencing and why you aren't feeling better on TRT. I think at this point I would suggest talking to your primary care doctor or an endocrinologist rather than someone at a TRT Clinic.

Most hypogonadal guys feel like they woke up from their zombie-like state a few weeks into TRT.

Back